Terrible ungrateful rant about baby showers - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
Okay, I just checked out a friend's registry for ideas and lemmie tell ya...there's just not much there! She actually *did* register for like 20 hooded towels, a million packages of the poly laden baby washcloths, gerber burp cloths and receiving blankets. And there are over 200 people invited to her baby shower (yes, you read that right). I like to give personal gifts that will be useful and will stand out as something that I put thought into. HOW do I do that when there are 200 people giving her something off of this little dinky registry list, half of which has already been purchased? :
That makes me chuckle!

Some things I really enjoyed that people just thought of themselves were a pair of big ol' (but cute) pajama pants that my SIL called my "victory pants" for after the baby is born and a bottle of lavender massage oil.

Does the mama plan to breastfeed? I would so have loved the breastfeeding basket with some bfing supplies in it.

A gift certificate for a pedicure or massage would also have been greatly appreciated!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List