Turning baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2008, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a chiro appt this Tuesday because baby was transverse at my last appt. Anyone else done this? How did it go? Baby went from head down, but very sideways, to completely transverse. I was really shocked but could totally feel it. I'm a little bummed but trying to just focus on the HB/WB that I am planning and hope all falls into place. I've been super hormonal though so that doesn't help. Any other advice? I've looked at spinning babies and am trying some of those moves, just getting nervous I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Yes- it can be done!! My baby was frank breech until a little over 36 weeks when she flipped into head down, LOA position!!

I did a combo of chiro (twice a week, for 3 weeks), the tilt board (10 minutes at a time, at least 1x a day), homeopathic pulsatilla (200C 2-3 x a day), and moxibustion (15 minutes to each foot, every day for 5 days). I also talked to the baby and prayed and did the hot pack/ ice pack thing too. It took 6 weeks for me to get baby to turn, but apparently it's a bit harder to get frank breech babies to turn.

I highly suggest doing the chiro appointments and looking for someone to do moxibustion, too. Good luck!!

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Old 08-17-2008, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderngal View Post
Yes- it can be done!! My baby was frank breech until a little over 36 weeks when she flipped into head down, LOA position!!

I did a combo of chiro (twice a week, for 3 weeks), the tilt board (10 minutes at a time, at least 1x a day), homeopathic pulsatilla (200C 2-3 x a day), and moxibustion (15 minutes to each foot, every day for 5 days). I also talked to the baby and prayed and did the hot pack/ ice pack thing too. It took 6 weeks for me to get baby to turn, but apparently it's a bit harder to get frank breech babies to turn.

I highly suggest doing the chiro appointments and looking for someone to do moxibustion, too. Good luck!!
Thanks so much! I'll definitely look into the moxibustion, you've given me hope mama! :
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM

My babe was frank breech from 31 weeks on. I've been doing:

Webster Method/pelvic adjustments with chiropractic care
Acupuncture
Acupressure
Flips/handstands in the pool
ice packs/warm bath
Moxibustion
talking to the baby/praying/pleading/bribing
Sitting on my knees on the landing of the steps, and slowly walking forward down 2 or 3 stairs on my hands then holding that position

I'll try pretty much anything

But as of last appointment, baby had flipped to transverse, and i'm hoping he's on his head-down quest.

Good luck, mama, i know how frustrating that is
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Good luck...

mine went transverse before committing to head down... keep up the hard work!!

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December

User Tag List