do BH's all day twice an hour mean anything? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe I had so many but all day yesterday since the morning when I woke up, I had 2 Bh's an hour pretty regularly until I went to bed. After going to bed I don't know what happened, because I was asleep, I would get one about 15 minutes after the hour and one at about 45 minutes to the hour. Give or take 5-10 minutes or so. Some were just in the belly, some in the belly and back, and a couple that I would even feel internally as if something were stretching or something. I'm only 35 weeks and a few days though so it is too early and I'm sure about my conception dates so it's not like I may be further along than thought. Could this mean anything? I wasn't extremely active, kept well hydrated, and no matter if I would change activities they continued. I did a couple internal checks, and the cervix is still far back. Didn't want to check the cervix for dialation because of potential for germs, etc.

The only thing that worries me about having so many is that tomorrow I will be heading home which is 3 hours from the hospital where I will be having the baby and DH will be away for the week at work also 3 hours away. I will be coming back to rejoin DH the following Monday, and after that we will not be apart distance wise, but we will be apart this coming week. So baby needs to stay put until at least this next Monday!!! Do you think yesterdays happenings is too much of a gamble for this next week? Or can numerous Bh's still mean that labor may be weeks away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Well I don't know but I get them all the time and it doesn't mean anything for me. If it's not normal for you, then maybe it means something will happen soon, maybe not. I guess you could say it means your body is getting ready for labor but it could still be a while.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm, well I have had many bh's this pregnancy like never before in other pregnancies, but they had never been like they were yesterday. Do you know if the cervix will always come down lower in the vagina before labor begins? Or could that maybe not happen until labor has started?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM

I had constant BH contractions five mins. apart for two and a half weeks before going into labor with DD. I'd say no based solely on my experience.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremco View Post
I had constant BH contractions five mins. apart for two and a half weeks before going into labor with DD. I'd say no based solely on my experience.
wow! would you say that that would be prodomal labor? To have them be that regular that often, that long, I would think it would be.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 PM

I think it means that you've been pregnant at least 5 times and your body is doing the pre-work to have a baby, but nothing else. I've noticed a TON more BH in the last few days, and I'm just now 35w today. As much as I wish they would mean something, they're simply "toning contractions" and are working to tighten our over-stretched uteri before the real work of labor begins.

That said, if you feel uneasy or your instinct says it's something else, please heed that! I'd HATE to tell you it's nothing and then have you go into labor when you and DH are apart and you're no where near your birthing hospital .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM

That pattern is pretty normal for me
Old 08-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
wow! would you say that that would be prodomal labor? To have them be that regular that often, that long, I would think it would be.
Yes, It was prodromal labor. It probably wouldn't have lasted that long, but DD was in an awkward position. Once I hit full labor I still had 29 hours to go. I did just realize that you are on your fifth, and DD was my first. This time, I'm not worrying about anything until I go into active labor.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Was there a full moon over the weekend? I felt the same exact way all weekend. I had lots of pevic pressure and BH's. i was getting worried at one point. Increased my water and gots lots of rest and still they kept coming. I was even up in the middle of the night with pressure. Last night i finally got some sleep and this morning i feel much better. Hope your feeling better today too.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post
Was there a full moon over the weekend? I felt the same exact way all weekend. I had lots of pevic pressure and BH's. i was getting worried at one point. Increased my water and gots lots of rest and still they kept coming. I was even up in the middle of the night with pressure. Last night i finally got some sleep and this morning i feel much better. Hope your feeling better today too.
good question! I'll have to find out about that full moon! And yes, I am feeling better. Yesterday I only had them about once an hour, Baby does seem to be pushing on my cervix alot when moving, but if l look at my belly, it doesn't look like baby has dropped.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starparticle View Post
That pattern is pretty normal for me
Yep same here. They seemed stronger yesterday for some reason. And at one point they were about 4 an hr, but I was a little dehydrated in the morning,

Thea, wife to Daniel Homeschooling Momma to 4 beautiful, engergetic children.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

You know what?!? There was a full moon on the 16th!!! How crazy/wierd but underdstandable is that? I'm going to be thinking about that all day now today!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 PM

I bet that it was the full moon....how cool is that....any idea of when the next full moon is....maybe we will have our babies then. When i worked in a hospital we had so many deliveries on full moon nights.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM

next full moon is sept 15, my edd lol

as for the braxton hicks, i wouldnt worry about it. i have them basically constantly throughout the day and even worse in the evening and i figure its just my uterus working overtime for prep.
its ok to check your cervix if it makes you feel better, i really dont think it would be germy to check your own.

User Tag List