Schedule yourself some treats! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I received a great piece of advice this pregnancy that for some reason I hadn't heard before, so I thought I'd share it. Of course, it may be common knowledge, and I just missed it because all of my previous DC have come a little early -- I've never reached the "impatient for baby to be born" stage. But for some reason, I'm pretty sure I'll reach it this time around.

Anyway, the advice was to:

Schedule yourself some treats for around the time you're due. Make them be things you'd really be sad to miss. That way you've got something to look forward to if your baby decides to stay put longer than you'd like.

I took this advice to heart, and am starting to already have a full calendar come September. DH and I have a fun dinner out planned, a girlfriend and I are going out to lunch one day, I'm taking the day off work to go to the State Fair with the kids. Haha -- I'd better be careful or I'll end up actually disappointed when I go into labor.

* Jaime
#2 of 5 Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, I have a list planned, too. Massage, pedicure, dinner with DH, etc. The only difficulty I have is deciding what to schedule for each day.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#3 of 5 Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM

We've got something nice planned every weekend from here until the end of September...

This weekend, we're staying at a swanky hotel (got a special $99 rate and it includes an after 9p.m. cookie buffet!

Labor day weekend is a spa weekend my H and mom set up for me - my brother is getting married that weekend and I'm past my fly time, so I have to miss it. A massage will help with that though

Weekend after, we're going to the beach

Then it's a fancy dinner

Then she's due!

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#4 of 5 Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 PM

That's a great idea. As of right now, the only thing I have "scheduled" is a pedicure the moment I turn 36 weeks (my comfort zone for UC). I think DH's sister is coming to visit Labor Day weekend, but she's stealing him for a couple hours, and he's offered to have his parents come watch the kids while he's gone. Not sure how I feel about that yet. Maybe I'll get my brows done and my hair cut that day to get out of the house...

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#5 of 5 Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

I have some prepaid services I need to schedule! Thanks for the reminder! I have a demi-facial, a manicure, and a pedicure coming up. Though I may save the pedicure for later since I can do it babe-in-arms. It's at a spa that is mainly for mamas that I used to do childcare for, so I prepaid the services while I had my employee discount.

I'm also trying to get DP to take me to a play before the baby is born! We seriously need a real date-- we haven't had one in about a year, and I want to do something other than go out to eat.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page