Movements slight and light today...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a bit worried. I am 37w3 days and I have noticed today that the baby has not moved quite as much as normal (baby is usually pretty active)although its moved within the range for kick counts. I have also noticed that the movements have felt lighter than normal. This is my third and I know there were days where I did not feel much before and also became worried to the point of running in for a nonstress test. Everything was always fine and thye told me that baby's have lazy days too. This is my first homebirth and its been hard not having that constant reassurance of all those visits and confirmations that everything was ok. Should I be worried or is the baby just sleepy today? Like I said it IS moving just not as much as usual and not as strongly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 AM

I think it's fairly normal mama, especially if his head is already engaged. Do you know whether it is or not? , He's probably just running out of room. When did your other two little ones come? Always trust your mama instinct, but try not to worry or stress too much.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Mine was like that last night. Even after I had jiggled my belly, poked at him and talked to him. He just wouldn't move. I've noticed, though, that when I am stressed about him moving, he doesn't move. It's like my stress makes him quiet down. So then, I just kinda relaxed about it, and started to fall asleep, then he started moving.

Now today, that's another matter. He's been going, going, going. I'm glad for that. He's moved lower too, I can feel that. And yes, he is engaged, so there is something to that.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the reassurance! I am learning to trust myself and my body. Baby was moving by this morning and it was a wonderful feeling. I have been so conditioned to expect the worst after two hospital births and all the extra testing, ultrasounds, interventions etc. that its sometimes hard to let go and expect everything to be fine instead of expecting something to be wrong. I actually had a great midwife last time and no interventions of any kind during labor and delivery but my prenatal care was over the top anticipating BP problems and an anomaly found on an ultrasound. It has been wonderful but very different this time to be under the care of a homebirth midwife with a very hands-off trusting approach to pregnancy and childbirth!

User Tag List