AM I paranoid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I know I am a lot It feels like Lucas may be breech? It seems like I don't feel him down low as much, and way up high near my ribs, esp when I sit down, there is a big round thing that sticks out. When I feel of it, it feels likes it could be his head, because when I move my hand down there is a "space" and then more of him...like his shoulders or something. Ugh it's prolly just last minute anxiety, but I dunno. Should I ask the Dr Thursday to feel of my belly and see what she thinks if I don't see a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 04:18 PM

I have the same thing goin on with my belly... cept I know for a fact that she's head down. I can feel her head on my cervix. Midwife has confirmed it several times. You're probably feeling the butt. hehe. Those babies seem to have the biggest bums! You can always have the doctor check if you're worried.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Ha! I can't tell a head from a butt. I totally understand your anxiety.

I have been freaking out since last night because my guy has moved and I can't figure out in what way! His little butt has always been to upper right, his head down and to the left. Last night during a postpartum class he was squirming like nuts and I was feeling this poking protrusion out my right side. It wasn't until later that it dawned on me, "Hey, that has to be a hand or foot. But hands and feet are on the left, not the right? Where's his tush??" There's just a big space there now. I've also had killer heartburn the last couple of days (after a break of a couple days) so I don't know.

I have a Dr appt tomorrow morning, thank goodness. I HAVE to know where this baby is. I'd love to insist they draw it out for me like the belly on spinningbabies LOL
Old 09-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Try to move the bump - if you feel the rest of the body move, that's a bum. If just the bump moves - that's the head.

The space that you are feeling and the possible shoulders could also be the gap between his bum and his feet as well.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM

I've been having some anxiety over position as well. So far I've been able to tell for the most part that baby is head down (wiggly fingers down low, heels pushing by my ribs) but last night I was having some lower back pain and relieved it by being on my knees with my upper body propped by pillows for a while. I think it encouraged baby to move out of my cervix a little bit and now I can't tell at all! I can't even find that bum lump. It doesn't help that the kid likes to sleep most of the day and kick all night long. I think I'll drink some orange juice or eat something spicy and see what happens.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--

User Tag List