Nearing the end of the month -- who's left?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 40 +4 today and am really hoping I don't make it into October How many of us are overdue or due in this last week of September? How are you feeling? Any prelabor?

I thought yesterday may have been it...started yesterday afternoon with several hours of contractions that fizzled out by last night. Oh well....maybe more work that I don't have to do when the time comes. I have never made it to a due date let alone go past one...so this seems like it is taking forever! Before my contractions yesterday, I had settled in to the idea that this baby's just gonna take his/her time. Now....I am anxious again...I just want to hold my babe!!

Well, I am off to walk!
#2 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:28 PM

me too! 40+4! I've been going back and forth between totally calm and patient about it and then I'll have these little moments when I am just so ready to hold him and snuggle him and show him off. We're not really actively trying to make him come though, atleast not yet.
#3 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I'm due Sunday, so I'm 39+2. I can't wait until she gets here!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#4 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow with not one sign of anything happening! I feel like I'm 35 weeks...nothing has changed. Got a massage scheduled for today...maybe that'll help. Don't think the acupuncture I had yesterday did anything at all...

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#5 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm due Friday, so currently 39+4. Apart from the occasional BH contraction, there seems to be a whole lotta nothing going on! Thankfully, the baby at least seems to have dropped in the past 10 days, so at least breathing is easier.

I'm still wishing for a September baby!
#6 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM

I'm 40+1 by my last period,,,which is what the dr. is using but 39+1 by my first ultrasound which is more what I'm going by. Nothing is really happening with me except a good bit of pressure. I'm feeling good though and just patiently waiting! I have an appointment tomorrow and they're doing a biophysical profile since they consider me past my due date.
#7 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM

i'm due thursday and i don't want to sit in the doc's office tomorrow waiting for my appointment!! i was hoping he'd be here by now. ugh. so uncomfortable.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#8 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm 41+3 right now. I know I won't make it into October. They'll induce me before that. I'm actually quite comfortable for the most part. Lots of pelvic pressure when I walk though (which actually isn't too bad) and I've had on and off false labor for the past two weeks.
#9 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM

me me me! I'd been hoping to start labor today, but nothing's happening yet. It's ok, I'm not overdue. I'm past my first EDD calculation, and today is the second one. I'm thinking of getting acupuncture this week if I don't go into labor, though. They have an "induction package," where I could go every day for a week or until I go into labor, but I won't try that unless I'm still waiting next week.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#10 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM

m 39 weeks 1 day today

ill be ok until 42 weeks and then ill start worrying about what to do. i wont worry until then.
#11 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm another 40+4 gal, according to the docs. I finally got my first pre-labor sign on Sunday night — I lost a bit of mucous plug. I was really excited about that mucous! But nothing since then. Occasional crampiness is about it. I've actually felt much less pelvic pressure the past day or two, and baby has switched from my left side to my right. It's like its head was engaged but now it's not anymore. Can they do that? I have a dr appt on Thursday and a NST and fluid check on Friday.
#12 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM

My baby has engaged and disengaged several times. I think it's a good thing because ideally they get a better fit each time. It's kind of frustrating though! Right now I know baby is engaged because my whole crotch area hurts! I'm wondering if this is a big baby compared to my last... I don't remember enough to compare.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#13 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM

My EDD is next Monday - Sept 29 - so I'm in my last week! I'm 39+1. Things seem to be moving along slowly, and I'm being patient about it. My "mommy intuition" told me I'd make it through this past weekend and through Monday (yesterday), but I had no idea about the rest of the week. But last night before I went to sleep, I started feeling that things were going to happen soon. I don't think I'll make it to next Monday ... I think my labor will start sometime in the next 24 hours. But I'm hoping to make it to Friday or Saturday.
#14 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm 39 weeks today--and I don't really expect anything to happen before October (as much as I might want it to). I've just spent the last hour cleaning the laundry area in my basement (odd for me to say the least--I'm not the most enthusiastic cleaner, but I need a clean place to wash diapers and baby clothes), and I was getting some contractions then but none now. Maybe I can clean my way to a baby?

Mama to DD (10/8/08) and expecting someone new in November!
#15 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummama View Post
Maybe I can clean my way to a baby?
Well some do say you go into a nesting frenzy right before labor starts...
#16 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 PM

I'm 41+1...and no signs of anything happening.... I'm ready to meet this baby!!! My last baby came around 41+5... so we'll see?....
#17 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Due Saturday here! Shocked though! Cause last baby was a week early. I'm thinking Oct. 3rd will be my day this time.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#18 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 PM

Still pregnant too! I'm 40 weeks 4 days today! Having lots of contractions and feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis area. I sure hope I go into labor naturally this week!
Good luck mamas! There are lots of birth stories waiting to be told!
:
#19 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 PM

I am 40 weeks today! I *really* thought last night was it. I had real, honest-to-goodness, pain in the back and lower abdomen, tightening belly contractions last night. When I could not longer sleep, I stayed in bed and tried to be patient - not really knowing what else to do. They were coming with good frequency. Eventually I let DP know and we cuddled through them. Of course, I FINALLY decided to start timing them about an hour before daylight and naturally they started to spread out and peter out.

I was really disappointment but having read this scenario time and time again, decided there was no point in getting too bummed. Called my doula who told me to rest well today. Its difficult, I feel ansy. I feel like I was SO CLOSE -- isn't that silly?!

I was able to practice relaxing into the pain. When it hit, I really focused on noticing where I was tensing and then relaxing my whole body. That's something, eh?

Maybe tonight?? *fingers crossed*
#20 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:28 PM

Me me me.... I am still pregnant. My midwives are worried because I have lost 4 pounds and baby hasn't grown in a month and a half. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to decide what our next step is. Baby seems to be holding his own according to the NST. I was thinking I would go until October 3rd or 4th but we shall see.
#21 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Im 41+1 and am just rolling with it, lol. I always knew this baby wan't a Virgo so I expected to go this "late"

Walk lots, do squats and stretches, and just wait, that's my policy!

I've read lots of articles about how it's the baby who gives the signal for labor to start (something about when their lungs are finished developing they release a chemical signal to the mothers body) so when I feel impatient I just try to remember that he will let me know when he's ready.

Plus remember the mdc member Alegna? She went to 44+3 I think.. So anything sooner than that is cool with me!
#22 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:36 PM

I'm still pregnant too! 39 weeks+2 or 4 days depending on who you ask.

Hoping to go into labor this weekend right around my duedate or a couple days after...
#23 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Me - I'm still here and pregnant. 40 + 3. My update after today's appt is in another post on this thread. But basically I'm 3 cm dilated, all systems go, membranes stripped, some contractions/cramping, but otherwise nothing.
#24 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora_skys View Post

Plus remember the mdc member Alegna? She went to 44+3 I think.. So anything sooner than that is cool with me!

I keep thinking about her!! I will be way grateful for anything before then
#25 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 05:16 PM

Still here!!!! 39 weeks + 1 (or +0) days, depending on who you talk to. Just got back from midwife visit and nothing much going on- 50% effaced and "fingernail" dilated. We think The Wee wants an October birthday!

I need to be practicing patience. Cos I would like to not be pregnant any more. But in reality, I won't be pregnant for *that* much longe

Daniela ~ Mami to Thalia Adelita (born 10/05/08)
#26 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Right now I know baby is engaged because my whole crotch area hurts!

is that what's going on here?! he's engaging? so much pressure down low!! my first LO didn't feel like this (ha! i thought i was uncomfortable with him!) it feels like this little guy is just going to fall out!! and it is NOT comfy at all.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#27 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora_skys View Post

that kind of gestation could put some of us into NOVEMBER!!

I'm really hoping for my SEPTEMBER baby!!
#28 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM

I'm 39 weeks + 1 day today, due on Monday. I saw my ob today and he said the real question in his mind is whether this will be a September or October baby. The baby has definitely moved down in the past few days, but who knows if that is indicative of anything imminent. I am really hoping this will be our week only because I am so overwhelming anxious and excited to see and meet my baby!!

anthropologist mama to sweet 4-year-old boy

#29 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh my, I think I would truly lose my mind if I went over 44 weeks.

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#30 of 79 Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Im still here. 39w2d. I took a short walk today which caused a few contractions so Im gonna take a longer walk with DH to see if it will do the trick!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page