So, when will you... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DTD? lol. I know some of us probably already have. I'm wondering how soon each of us planned to start trying it out again?

I'll be honest, I DTD with DH a few days after he got home. I waited till I was comfortable enough around him again, and then we tried it out. I was actually enjoying it enough not to feel any pain... but was of course sore afterwards! This was 2 1/2 weeks PP.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Wow that was early....well if my honey was here we would probably have already....but it will be when i go back to MX in Nov/Dec.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 10-12-2008, 01:42 AM

Waited til 5 weeks. I was really nervous but it was fine... a little uncomfortable at times but not bad by any means.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 AM

I don't plan to try for another couple weeks. I'm 3w3d pp now. I had stitches and want to make sure all is well healed before attempting sex.

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

Old 10-12-2008, 12:32 PM

We'll probably wait until five weeks or six weeks - when it's "officially" okay.

Anyone know why they say to wait six weeks in the first place?

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 PM

We were not told to wait. We got a pamphlet that said, amongst other things, to use a condom until at least 8 weeks, but nothing about waiting to do it period. We tried a couple days ago but stopped because it hurt. I was suprised considering nothing came out that way.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

my midwife gave me the ok at my last appointment. That was 2 weeks pp. She said my stitches were all healed up.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:25 PM

My midwife's info said we could do it whenever I felt like it, but suggested waiting 3 weeks if I had stitches (which I did). We haven't tried yet, though I'm pretty tempted. Maybe in the next couple of days . . .

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm actually really surprised at how good I feel postpartum. I didn't think I would be interested in DTD for a looong time, but I think I will just wait until I have the go-ahead from the midwife after my stitches have healed and dissolved.

Mama to DD (10/8/08) and expecting someone new in November!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not as interested as I used to be. I'm more interested in fooling around and cuddling than anything. I feel kinda bad for DH cus I know he'd love to dtd more often. But he also respects me and the fact that i'm sore from having a kid and such.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Not sure, I dunno if my stitches are gone yet or not, and my tear is still sore sometimes!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs_girl View Post
We'll probably wait until five weeks or six weeks - when it's "officially" okay.

Anyone know why they say to wait six weeks in the first place?
6 weeks is the "medical" definition of the postpartum period and how long it takes your uterus to get back to its pre-pregnancy size. The traditional medical teaching, based on very little research/couple's input etc, was that the postpartum period should be over before sex. Many docs I worked with wanted to get women on birth control before giving sex the OK--so they did that at the 6 week check (admittedly I was working in an area where lots of young gals had lots of not-so-planned babies close together).

I'm almost 6 weeks out and still feel sore! I'm tender when I touch the area and even sitting to long makes me sore so I've been hesitant. Anyone else having pain even when they aren't DTD? I had a small tear and a few stitches, nothing major.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 AM

After DD we only waited 2 weeks. I felt fine, my few stitches were healed, it wasn't great, but it didn't hurt either. However, I developed an infection, endometritis, and wasn't ok again until 8 weeks PP. With DS I was more careful (I think we waited 5 weeks) and will be with this one too.

Maybe things would have been ok with a condom? I don't know, but not willing to risk it again!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:46 AM

We DTD at 2w when it looked like my bleeding had stopped. It started again. We DTD again at 5w, when I hadn't bled or spotted for two days. I started spotting again. I may be a year before we try again! :

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM

Our problem is logistics at this point. Baby in our bed, ds1 and ds2 in their beds right next to us, and little to no energy. I really miss my dh and have been thinking about this the last week or so. My baby is 3 1/2 wks and I am still spotting. I didn't have any tears, stitches or even swelling after so I feel great but I am just so tired w/3 kids and being back to work (I work from home).

So we'll see. I have helped my dh out a couple of times though IYKWIM, I feel sorry for the poor guy, and he has been so great the last few weeks.

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 AM

It will be a while still for us... babe is 1.5 weeks, and at 5 weeks I'll be going back in for a tubal (we are *very* fertile, and with 5 kiddos now we just don't have any more room in the van!) so I'm guessing another 5-6 weeks for poor dh

♥ SAHM to my 5 kiddos ♥
2/01, 12/02, 4/05, 7/06 and 10/08
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Soon!!! I've just been waiting for the bleeding to stop and stay gone for a couple of days and finally I think it has! : I wanted to jump DH just a couple of days after having the baby! But held off cause of all the bleeding...and I thought the reason for waiting was to prevent infection as your body/uterus/cervix closes back up and goes back into it's proper positions and shapes and stuff. It was a great birth and I wasn't sore at all where I should have been! I had hemi's though and that was the only thing that hurt. I kept saying, "I'm not sore where I'm supposed to be sore! i don't feel like I just gave birth!" I was on a huge birth high for a long time!

Last time though I was still sore at 9 weeks and was scared to have sex. I tore and let it heal naturally, so no stitches. Finally I drank some wine and we tried...really slow! It was funny. I kept thinking, "Why am I afraid of something about the size of a large hotdog hurting me when I had a baby come out of there?" But I was. LOL!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I kept thinking, "Why am I afraid of something about the size of a large hotdog hurting me when I had a baby come out of there?" But I was. LOL!
Haha, I totally understand! A year ago I was having horrible vaginal infections such as yeast or bacterial. Sex was excruciating!! Poor DH hardly ever got to DTD with me during that time. I had those infections back to back for months! I kept going to the doctor to try to figure out what was causing it. After seeing 3 different doctors and getting nowhere, I finally found out what it was. I just needed to stop wearing pantiliners!! lol. I guess all that moisture down there was the main problem. Right now I don't even have any real discharge (or not much) but it's still pretty moist... so I still get sore sometimes. Luckily i'm all healed up from the birth now though, so sex is getting less painful. (we've only DTD twice since the birth tho...)

Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM

1 month. everything's back to normal except the libido. not painful at all, but not very interesting either.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephck View Post
I'm almost 6 weeks out and still feel sore! I'm tender when I touch the area and even sitting to long makes me sore so I've been hesitant. Anyone else having pain even when they aren't DTD? I had a small tear and a few stitches, nothing major.
4 weeks and still sore when walking or sitting.

User Tag List