How do you feel about your postpartum body? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today was a big day. I was able to fit into a pair of pre-preggo jeans. Yes, they were my "big" pants but still, there is no elastic waistband! According to the scale, I have 18 pounds to go. However, the ratio of fat to muscle is not good. I really didn't get much exercise for so very many months and it sure shows. I also spotted some new stretch marks on my hips/tush area. At least they won't be lonely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 74 Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayls View Post
Today was a big day. I was able to fit into a pair of pre-preggo jeans.
Congratulations!

I'm not even going to try pre-preg jeans for at least a couple more weeks. My big victory was getting back into my skinny maternity jeans this week
#63 of 74 Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM

I'm in the midst of the no weight loss stage. I don't feel too badly about how I look right now. I've been able to get into 3 pairs of pre-preggo pants. my big pants, but still...

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#64 of 74 Old 11-07-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm not losing any pounds right now, but somehow I'm still thinning out. I don't get it. The pants I bought a couple weeks ago already need a belt, but the scale still reads the same.
#65 of 74 Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 AM

I'm a walking stretchmark with an extra 30lbs and cellulite on her ass. *laughs* I'm not too pleased with my body but two back to back pregnancies will do that to you. I'm working on losing the last 30lbs to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight, I'm pretty impressed with myself anyway because in the last year and a half I gained 70lbs and have lost 40lbs of it. Oh babies. At least my husband still thinks I'm hot.
#66 of 74 Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 AM

My weight went down pretty quickly and I feel healed up. I think this pregnancy did a number on my joints, though. I've only been able to get my rings back on in the last couple of week. I feel it's had more to do with my joints, not my fingers, being swollen. Pelvic pain/discomfort never went completely away for me and I'm 8wks pp. In fact, it's actually been worse the last couple of days. It only got mild enough that I forgot to mention it at my OB follow up.

Mama to two sweet girls, L (2/06) and Z (9/08)
#67 of 74 Old 11-09-2008, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwuertz View Post
I'm not losing any pounds right now, but somehow I'm still thinning out. I don't get it. The pants I bought a couple weeks ago already need a belt, but the scale still reads the same.
I'm in the same boat as you, cept I know why i'm getting smaller. It's the hips. Your hips are slowly going back to their original size. Your tummy isn't shrinking though, right?

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#68 of 74 Old 11-09-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi_029 View Post
I'm working on losing the last 30lbs to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight,
Same here. It's weird for me cus i've always been a thin person up until I met my DH and he made me gain 20lbs in a short amount of time. I was of course still pretty thin, 128lbs and so I wasn't really self conscious or anything. Now I keep looking at my body with disgust. I have no idea how long it's going to take for me to thin down again. Right now it feels like i'll be stuck this way.

#69 of 74 Old 11-09-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningStar View Post
I've only been able to get my rings back on in the last couple of week. I feel it's had more to do with my joints, not my fingers, being swollen.
I have no idea why I still can't get my rings on. My fingers aren't swollen... and My joints don't seem bigger... but if I try to get that ring on it gets stuck and I have to work hard to get it off again (and that's on my pinky!!) I think my fingers just got bigger in general. Do fingers ever go back to normal? Or is this permanent? Should I get my rings resized?

#70 of 74 Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
I have no idea why I still can't get my rings on. My fingers aren't swollen... and My joints don't seem bigger... but if I try to get that ring on it gets stuck and I have to work hard to get it off again (and that's on my pinky!!) I think my fingers just got bigger in general. Do fingers ever go back to normal? Or is this permanent? Should I get my rings resized?

Mine do this too but they go back. I could wear my rings until much later this time around but it has taken a while longer for them to fit comfortably, they are still a little tight even now.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#71 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, cept I know why i'm getting smaller. It's the hips. Your hips are slowly going back to their original size. Your tummy isn't shrinking though, right?
Oh, that makes sense. Yeah tummy is just pouching all out.
#72 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 PM

I finally bought a new (temporary) wedding ring this weekend. My DH had to CUT my wedding ring off my finger in month nine and I still can't get my engagement ring on. My fingers don't seem swollen to me--but I am up at least 15 pounds from my higher-ever non-pg weight, so that probably has something to do with it. Anyhow, had to buy a 7 instead of the normal 6. Seems like it might be my ring for a while at the rate I am losing weight....

Mama to DD (10/8/08) and expecting someone new in November!
#73 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM

Phew, I just came back from my yearly check-up and I asked the NP about the tear-scar... It is still bright red and really tight, even she can tell it's too tight. She said to give it another 4 weeks and if it is still tight to see the doctor. I'm a bad healer overall, whenever I run into something I have a big blue spot for weeks.... I hope it will heal soon, it is really annoying.
Do any of you have a similar experience?
#74 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post
Phew, I just came back from my yearly check-up and I asked the NP about the tear-scar... It is still bright red and really tight, even she can tell it's too tight. She said to give it another 4 weeks and if it is still tight to see the doctor. I'm a bad healer overall, whenever I run into something I have a big blue spot for weeks.... I hope it will heal soon, it is really annoying.
Do any of you have a similar experience?
I got a small labial tear during Z's birth. I had just left it alone until about a week ago when I felt to see how it was healing. I felt a small bump that was a little painful. When dh looked at it he said that the bump was actually not connected to where the tear was. I had stitches after my first son's birth and it seemed to heal a little quicker but this tear didn't really require stitches. So while it is annoying I am generally happy with how it is healing even though it is taking a little longer.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page