CM akin to Glue? (TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have this? When I stopped bleeding, I started feeling moisture down there a lot of the time and by the end of the day, that moisture had dried to the consistency of glue, effectively gluing my pubic hair together. I trimmed, thinking it was a sure sign things were too long down there, but I'm still having the glue issue. Or I was, until this morning when I started bleeding again. : I've never had or heard of anything like the glue-like CM, though??

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 PM

Count me in..i had about a week of this stuff...i thought i was the only one...hehehe....it's good i'm not the only one now. It's over and now it's regular cm and no bleeding.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Banned

I don't have it now, but I tend to get that when my system is out of whack somehow. Very, very annoying!
#4 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalemilk View Post
I don't have it now, but I tend to get that when my system is out of whack somehow. Very, very annoying!
I guess I should find time to pull out TCOYF or a midwifery textbook and look it up if it comes back when I stop spotting/bleeding again. It didn't really occur to me that it could be something that I might be able to adjust...I just thought it was a weird pp or bf thing.

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#5 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Banned

Could be BF related, that whole process really screws with my hormones. I got hot flashes with my first periodically until I nightweaned at 17 months. Ugh. I'll probably get the weird glue stuff when I finally quit the lochia stage.
#6 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

A quick search found this information buried in a patent application for some device for collecting CM for testing:

[quote]During the immediate pre and post menstrual phases (the proliferative and luteal phases), the cervical mucus undergoes significant changes in appearance, physical properties and quantity. The mucus is relatively dehydrated and of heterogenous composition. It contains over ten times as much protein as mid-cycle mucus and is infiltrated with cast off epitheleal cells from the cervix. At these times, the mucus does not flow freely and may have the consistency of glue or rubber cement.[/quote[

It makes sense, of course, that it's infertile CM given its...thickness...but it also makes sense that pp CM would/could be thick with cells that have sloughed off of the cervix, which just went through some massive changes itself.

ETA: it also seems to be associated with high estrogen levels, which would be caused by BFing. Hmm...learn something new every day, right?

#7 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Yeah, i've had that too. All the extra moisture gave me the equivalent of diaper rash. Gotta hate that! I put on some diaper rash cream though and it got better.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#8 of 9 Old 10-26-2008, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had it for several weeks. It disappeared last week at around 8 weeks postpartum. I noticed that around the same time tandem nursing started getting better (less like torture) so I'm guessing it's a hormonal thing that finally evened itself out.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#9 of 9 Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Yeah, i've had that too. All the extra moisture gave me the equivalent of diaper rash. Gotta hate that! I put on some diaper rash cream though and it got better.
Yes, I had that earlier this week too. what a PITA.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page