Birth control: what are your plans? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh, this is such a bummer to have to think about. I'm another fertile myrtle (we joke that I got pregnant just talking about it), and I definitely do not want to be pregnant again anytime soon.

for these early months if we are relying on constant breastfeeding... I'm assuming you have to ovulate before bleeding when AF comes back, so it's likely you won't get any advance notice about being fertile again. is that right?
#32 of 38 Old 11-07-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcaitlin View Post
ugh, this is such a bummer to have to think about. I'm another fertile myrtle (we joke that I got pregnant just talking about it), and I definitely do not want to be pregnant again anytime soon.

for these early months if we are relying on constant breastfeeding... I'm assuming you have to ovulate before bleeding when AF comes back, so it's likely you won't get any advance notice about being fertile again. is that right?
My doc said you don't always get AF first. She has a client that had twins three months ago, has been EBF both of them and just found out she's pregnant again and not happy about it. We decided we are going to do condoms and spermicide because I just can't get back into the FAM routine right now.
#33 of 38 Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 AM

FAM with condoms during the fertile phase for us. Two babies 10 months, 3 days apart are enough for me to handle right now. We'll start thinking about baby three after DS is a year old.
#34 of 38 Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi_029 View Post
FAM with condoms during the fertile phase for us. Two babies 10 months, 3 days apart are enough for me to handle right now. We'll start thinking about baby three after DS is a year old.

Wow momma! Any you gave birth to them both? Not adopted one or anything??? Geez! That's amazing! You go girl!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#35 of 38 Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:

Wow momma! Any you gave birth to them both? Not adopted one or anything??? Geez! That's amazing! You go girl!
Yep, they are both mine. DS was our little surprise when Athena was barely two months old.
#36 of 38 Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehunter27 View Post
And, dp and I DTD w/o any protection a few nights ago...we just couldn't resist, I was finally feeling better, and condoms are a deedender w/ him...is it true one is most fertile in those first three months? I hope not!
We might be seeing you in one of the upcoming ddc's! (just teasin ya)

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#37 of 38 Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM

Once we get our medical conerage figured out I'll be going in for a tubal.. but if our coverage doesn't cover that completely, then I'll make DH go in, instead ... LOL... I don't mind, but right now every $ counts, so if it's cheaper out of pocket for him, then him it's gonna be... While I love babies and having them and being preggo, we just don't have any more room (really! we only have a 7 seater.. lol)

♥ SAHM to my 5 kiddos ♥
2/01, 12/02, 4/05, 7/06 and 10/08
#38 of 38 Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM

We're about 98% sure we are done having children. So DH will go in for the big "V" when we are sure. Until then I'll have the Mirena IUD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page