So this is fun... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baby is now on a nursing spree. Growth spurt I guess. She wants to nurse all day long every hour. My poor nipples are getting sore from the constant nursing... and of course i'm not keeping up with the demand. But hey, it's supposed to build up my milk supply for later, right? Anyone else have a constantly nursing baby at the moment? Mine is 6 weeks old.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#2 of 6 Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 AM

Desi went through that a few days ago, and now that I have built up a supply to keep up with his demands, he's no longer eating as much. I had my post-partum follow up on tuesday and Desi had woken up at 4:30 and nused from then until about 8:30, pretty much non-stop. It didn't feel very good.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#3 of 6 Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM

Not at the moment but she was around 6 weeks, yes! Definitely a growth spurt. She gained almost twice as much that week. My nipples are getting a break now finally!
#4 of 6 Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 AM

Yeah, we did that while DH and I were on our anniversary trip to New Orleans. He nursed every hour ON THE DOT. DH was like "what the heck, you're nursing him AGAIN?" Guess he doesn't realize what I do all day. But now he's sleeping and I'm leaking. Go figure.

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#5 of 6 Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 PM

Yep, DD did that every hr!
#6 of 6 Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 PM

Yeah she's been sleeping a bunch and nursing for really long periods in between so my guess is growth spurt is just about upon us. She'll be 6 weeks on Wednesday. I'm not having problems with supply at all though. Have to pump 1-2 times a day or leak. This morning I pumped 10oz and then nursed her for 30 minutes and I still had plenty more in there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page