Birth announcements... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone gotten their act together and actually sent them out? Please tell me I'm not the only one that hasn't done this yet. I'm thinking about just doing a combo holiday card/birth annoucement thing at this point.
#2 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 AM

Well, when I was out buying a co-sleeper from a guy on craigslist, the seller told me that I should get my birth announcements ready before the babe was born... have them all stamped and addressed and such. So, that is what I did. And a week or so after she was born, I got around to printing them out and mailing them. It didn't take long and I got it all done in a day. So yeah, I got them out! Haven't had much use for the co-sleeper though. The seller did warn me my babe might not like it... lol.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#3 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 02:01 PM

I haven't sent them out yet.... My SIL took 6 months to do it, so I still have time
#4 of 10 Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM

I haven't done anything for them yet, but am thinking I should... I was thinking of sending the christmas cards out a little early with them, to save on postage

♥ SAHM to my 5 kiddos ♥
2/01, 12/02, 4/05, 7/06 and 10/08
#5 of 10 Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did the Christmas card/announcement together.....

We had her pic taken at 1 week old and they have her name and birth date on the front of them...ordered several sheets of 3 1/2 X 5's, then I printed off labels with her stats and put that on the back and then slipped the pic into a small envelope with a pink little baby feet sticker to close it up, and put that inside of the Christmas card.

I just mailed them out this week and Gracie turned 7 weeks old on Wednesday. I've gotten a little later getting them out with each child.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#6 of 10 Old 11-22-2008, 05:16 AM

I'm doing a combo holiday card/birth announcement. Most of them are going to the US, so the postage savings is substantial.
#7 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 PM

yep, holiday card project at this point sounds about right.

I'm a disgrace -- I just got my thank-you cards in the mail finally. most gifts came after babe was born, but many were from shower and blessingway at beginning of september.

I did manage to get some wallet photos printed at walgreens to include though, so hopefully that will balance out the delay.
#8 of 10 Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 AM

I spent days in week 3 doing thank you cards, real nice ones too cost me like $1.50 each to ship

Half got lost in the post
#9 of 10 Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 AM

I must live under a rock.
I've never heard of a birth announcement.
We just phoned or emailed people but mostly they heard it from other people, etc.
The announcement's a nice idea though!
#10 of 10 Old 12-16-2008, 04:40 PM

Haven't gotten around to ending them out so I figure I'll just do a holiday/announcement card combo - besides, I send out a family newsletter too, so a photo included would be perfect. Thanks for the reminder to get off my butt and get those cards out!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page