Late birth announcement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm late annoucing this.. but I had my baby-a girl on October 21st at 11:33 p.m. after a 7 hour labor and 3 pushes (took 6 minutes)! We named her Delilah Rose Michelle :, she weighed 8lbs, 12 oz, 20.5 inches long. This is my second daugther, second natural labor at a hospital. Everything went well, another great hospital experience, birth plan read and followed, no IV, intermittent wireless monitoring, free to labor however, nice big water tub, no drama, no issues, great nurses! I had a similar experience with my first! So it is possible to have a positive hospital birth. Also this hospital is a very large, well known hospital in Phoenix. Known for its NICU and place to deliver high-risk multiples. I will say that I go to a great OB/GYN practice known for supporting natural births-so that helped a lot, I'm sure.

Interesting facts/conicidences: My first DD and Delilah were both born on their due dates-naturally, no induction or "help." Both my daughters weighed 8 lbs, 12 oz at birth and both were born on Tuesdays. Strange huh? Its like textbook gestation

I had this labor and birth photographed professionally and just received a slideshow set to music-worth every friggin penny!!! I highly recommend doing this if you can! I can't wait to see all the pics.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this DDC, I didn't post often, but regularly read the board.

Peace and love to all the mamas and their new babes

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 05:38 AM

:Congratulations!: Sounds like an amazing birth and I love the commonalities between both your births. Delilah!!!
#3 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM

Congrats! Sounds like a great birth!

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
#4 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM

Congratulations! Both of mine were on the same day of the week, but wow-- your girls are so similar! Are they personality-wise too?
#5 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 08:25 PM

Congrats mama! Welcome baby Delilah!

I wanted to have our wedding photogs photograph Ally Rae's birth (they love doing that) but I couldn't convince DH. Oh well. How awesome that you have those memories captured professionally! We have some pics at least.
#6 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Congratulations! That's so cool about your babies being born on their due dates! :

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#7 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Congratulations! Both of mine were on the same day of the week, but wow-- your girls are so similar! Are they personality-wise too?
No, so far their tempermants are different. Delilah is very content as long as she is in arms while my first was pretty content, held or not.

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

#8 of 8 Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Congrats mama! Welcome baby Delilah!

I wanted to have our wedding photogs photograph Ally Rae's birth (they love doing that) but I couldn't convince DH. Oh well. How awesome that you have those memories captured professionally! We have some pics at least.
I had a hard time convincing my DH, but told him I was doing it for me. A lot of my friends looked at me strangely when I said I hired a photographer, but now see why after seeing the slideshow. Also all my photos are in b/w, which makes a huge difference.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page