Confessions of a First-Time Mom - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 123 Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I play the "Poopy Diaper Contest" and the loser has to change the poopy diaper. It's simply a lottery of who happens to be changing her when we open it up and find poop... but I've started cheating. Since I have her so often and I can tell if she's poo'd, I've started asking Dh to change her diaper all innocent like... and then he's dismayed to find he's lost the Poopy Diaper Contest.

I look at it like the odds are staked against me b/c I'm with her alone so much more often, this is my way of evening them out.

And : about the constant nipple stimulation, even when she's not nursing she's usually brushing against them in the wrap. I thought they'd get less sensitive with all the stimulation, but they're just super sensitive instead!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#122 of 123 Old 01-25-2009, 06:10 PM

I was just reading through these again and got a good laugh!

I have another one to add. On weekends when I need a break, I just tell DH I have to use the bathroom and hole up with the laptop or a magazine for a good 10-15 minutes, even if I don't have to go. I figure he's always in the bathroom, actually using it, so I might as well get a few breaks now and then, too.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#123 of 123 Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I have another one to add. On weekends when I need a break, I just tell DH I have to use the bathroom and hole up with the laptop or a magazine for a good 10-15 minutes, even if I don't have to go. I figure he's always in the bathroom, actually using it, so I might as well get a few breaks now and then, too.
Heh! I'll tell him I need to use the restroom, actually do so, then... well, I can't help it if I need to brush my teeth right then too, right? And look, my book is right here, what page was I on again? I'd better read a few pages to make sure I didn't miss anything. Hey! One of the dogs just wandered in the room - can't not pet the pooch, right? That would be rude. Oh! I almost forgot - I need to email my best friend really really quick, I promised her I would tonight...

It also takes me a LOT longer to get ready for bed than it ever used to or than any human being has a right to take.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page