Weekly Chat 11/29 - 12/5 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 156 Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All three of us went out to one of my most favorite restaurants tonight and we had such a nice time! It wasn't technically Calla's first trip to a restaurant (we went for quick lunch at a Mexican restaurant when she was 3 weeks old), but it seemed eventful nonetheless.

Calla was alert, but quiet. I wore her in the Moby and even though I had fed her just before we left, she decided she wanted to eat too. I think she smells food and gets hungry... Anyway I nursed in public for the first time. I nursed her in the wrap (thanks for the inspiration, Amber_Lion). It wasn't exactly graceful, as I've never nursed in the wrap before, but it was discreet and effective.

The restaurant owners know us well and were thrilled to finally meet Calla. It was a very nice night overall. Makes me feel more confident about considering going out with DH and baby more often.

Cat & Calla having fun at the Ethiopian restaurant
#152 of 156 Old 12-06-2008, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone-

I read some but not all. I want another baby carrier also. i have a sleepywrap, a MW and a fleece pouch. I like the SW the best but I want a mei tei also. I have to wear Annie...my other two run around so much it keeps her close to me when we are out.

I did buy a lightweight stroller (this one) to keep my DS in since he likes to run off or I may have to put Annie in it to carry DS b/c going out w/ all 3 can be hell!

Maybe the lightweight stroller would be a good option for you Carrie...? I like to have options...wether it's used for carrying stuff, diaper changing, etc.
#153 of 156 Old 12-06-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Yay for typing 2-handed! It's a rare occurance if you're not BW'ing!

I'm typing 2-handed and I get to eat a whole peanut butter and preserves sandwich! She's sleeping in her Moby...

I haven't gotten brave enough to invest in another carrier because I adore the Moby so much. I didn't like the HotSling I got so I took it back and the carriers like Ergo just don't appeal to me. I need help working with a pouch I guess. I'm pretty sure I just wasn't doing it right or got the wrong size (even though I followed the chart...). Any carriers you can recommend would be great! I feel like I should have at least 2 different kinds if not more.
I actually *love* my Zolo slings (I have three - a cotton, a silk, and a Solarveil). I hiked Chimney Rock in NC with DS in the cotton one when he was 9 months old. It was a good two hour hike and I had no problems at all with it. The cotton one stays in the car almost exclusively, so I always have it when we're out. I'll use the Solarveil one once it starts warming up - it has UV protection built right in. The silk Zolo is for nice occasions, like church or going out for a nice dinner. I'll wear it to my sister's graduation and DH's cousin's wedding in May.

I use the Moby or the 4th Generation Beco at home. I have a toddler BabyHawk and am hoping to get a regular one for Christmas from DH. I've used my Hotsling and it's okay, but DD doesn't like it as well as the sling, wrap, or SSC. I really REALLY want an Olives and Applesauce SSC, but it's just not in the budget right now. Maybe when DD is a little bigger. I've yet to try a woven wrap, but I'd like to at some point. I just know eventually she'll get too big for the stretchy Moby.
#154 of 156 Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello Fellow Moms,

I am new here so not sure if I am posting in correct topic, but maybe someone could help me out. We went to the doc for regular 6 month check-up yesterday and when I asked about my son's front soft spot, the doc felt it, but it looked to me that he was pushing really hard. I know that doctors are much more "assertive" in their mannerisms with the babies because they do these things all the time. but my son starting crying when he did it, and I've been worrying ever since. This is my first child. Please let me know if anyone has had the same experience and if it should be alright. Thanks!
#155 of 156 Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 PM

This would probably be best to ask about in 'life with a babe' (http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=32) this section is specific to babies who were born in October 08'.

However I've never heard of a doctor 'pushing' on a soft spot, I can understand touching it to see if it's dented in too much or such, but being rough is just uncalled for! You might consider a different doctor in the future.

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#156 of 156 Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 PM

Guess it depends on why you asked. He may have been trying to feel pulsation if you mentioned that it looked bulging or something...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page