Weekly Chat 11/29 - 12/5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Guys

I haven't been around at all because we were making a huge move. Well, we are here now and almost everything is where it belongs. We had to drive for 18 hours over a total of 2 1/2 days. Annie did sooo good. I was very surprised. It was my almost 2 yo that had the hard time and even then he did very good.

Annie is a really good sleeper! : I've never had one of those before so I hope she stays this way. I love her sooo much, more and more every minute. I have no idea how much she weighs now, I guess it's time to take her to the grocery store and put her on the produce scale.

I know a lot of people think its a little early to have a baby in a jogger but I have a really nice one that cradles them...so I'm going on my first run with her tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes..I'm jsut planning on going in the morning when she usually sleeps a bunch anyways.
#2 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Good morning everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I took the kids to the fire station so we could have dinner with DH since he was on shift... so this is our Thanksgiving holiday picture.

Thanksgiving

Just subbing for now, have to clean the house since my grandparents are coming over for dinner.... and I have four loads of laundry piled on the loveseat.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#3 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 PM

Good morning mamas!!

I'm glad the move was uneventful, Carrie...and that Annie handled it well.

Beautiful picture, Faeire! Your fam is gorgeous!!

AAM: Not much going on today. I'm just making banana pancakes, listening to some tunes, and enjoying a lazy Saturday morning. Iris is wearing a cute little dress I tie-dyed (her big sis has one to match) so I may take some pictures today.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#4 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Our run this morning wasn't that great. Annie got a wet diaper and we forgot to bring an extra. I had to stop and nurse her twice b/c she wasn't happy. Finally we switched her over to the double jogger and she was happy but our run was over as we ended it early.
#5 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 07:25 PM

just popping in, not so great day today. . .

anyone want a spare husbandperson? mine's for sale- CHEAP!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#6 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 07:33 PM

I'm not having such a great couple days either. I haven't wanted to post. I've been feeling unreasonably depressed for the past week or so, and I don't even want help. I'm not sure how to lift a cloud that I don't want lifted. I just don't feel good.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 PM

(((Carrie))) I'm sorry you're feeling so down. At the very least, stay connected with us here, k?

My day hasn't turned out all that great, either. I have this huge paper due in a couple of weeks and dh promised me he'd help out with the babe. Well, he took the big kids out to cut down this vine in our back yard and left me with both girls. I managed to get nearly nothing accomplished today after all was said and done. And having an extremely fussy baby didn't help matters much...every time I got Iris to sleep someone would run noisily by and wake her up. Sigh.

Here's to a better day tomorrow for all of us...

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#8 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm sitting on the throne typing two-handed. Yup.. TMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
Darling picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I haven't been around at all because we were making a huge move. Well, we are here now and almost everything is where it belongs. We had to drive for 18 hours over a total of 2 1/2 days. Annie did sooo good. I was very surprised. It was my almost 2 yo that had the hard time and even then he did very good.
I'm glad to hear the move went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post

Mine's for sale too. Maybe we could do a 2 for 1 deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I'm not having such a great couple days either. I haven't wanted to post. I've been feeling unreasonably depressed for the past week or so, and I don't even want help. I'm not sure how to lift a cloud that I don't want lifted. I just don't feel good.
Sorry to hear this Carrie. Do you have anyone you can talk to? They don't necessarily have to solve any problems. Just having someone to listen helps.

AAM: Our out of town guests came over for brunch this morning. It went really well aside from my dh thinking it was a good idea to smoke reefer with BIL, the 62 year old "dad" out of town guest, and good family friend who is my age. I was frickin pissed:

Hazel had her first extremely rough night last night after a busy day. I think she just didn't get to sleep enough during the day and that left us with an overtired baby who also happened to have gas. We had 5 hours of inconsolable crying last night. The poor thing passed out at 11 and then slept well the rest of the night. Hopefully tonight won't be a repeat.

Our house is decorated for the holidays. I'd like to get some candles for the menorah and an advent calendar for dd1 (is that what the candy in the days left to Christmas is called?) then I'm all finished. Dh still has to decorate the exterior and tonight we'll trim the tree. Dd1 and him are out at the tree farm right now. I've also got chex mix in the oven as I type:

Tommorrow we're celebrating dd1 (12/2), my dad's (12/2), and my sister's (12/8) birthdays at my mom's house for brunch. This will make day 4 spent with my folks and dh is about to keel over and die. We also have a swim party with dd1's friends and our family (again) on 12/6.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend
#9 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Go buy yourself some shoes or something...

No really, I'm not taking your feelings lightly. If you have some pumped milk or there is a time when Nora sleeps for a couple of hours that you can get out and just go to a store you like for a couple of hours you may get some head space. This 'alone' time can help you sort through why you are feeling the way you are but I think sometimes we need nothing but ourself to focus on for at least a couple of hours.
#10 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I took the kids to the fire station so we could have dinner with DH since he was on shift... so this is our Thanksgiving holiday picture.

Thanksgiving

Just subbing for now, have to clean the house since my grandparents are coming over for dinner.... and I have four loads of laundry piled on the loveseat.
How cute! I need up upload ours. We had Ally Rae in a dress for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Our run this morning wasn't that great. Annie got a wet diaper and we forgot to bring an extra. I had to stop and nurse her twice b/c she wasn't happy. Finally we switched her over to the double jogger and she was happy but our run was over as we ended it early.
Bummer. Working out with an infant who constantly nurses is definitely a challenge I can relate to. Ally Rae nurses ALL THE TIME. It's a wonder my nips aren't sore just from frequent use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post

:

Quote:
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way and that you aren't ready to find a way to make it better. Maybe you're just needing some time to feel crappy? I have those days occasionally. It will pass if it's normal. If it doesn't pass in a couple days, are you willing to MAKE yourself get help? Maybe find a mama's support group locally? Either way, I hope you are still finding some joy in your life.
#11 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 10:30 PM

baby cakes- at least go out and get a new nail polish, or paint your toes, or something. Sometimes it's ridiculous how a cvery small thing can make such a huge difference. And PLEASE, don't disconnect, it's much harder to RE-connect, than to STAY connected, trust me I know. Once you get in the habit of isolating yourself, it's hard to break it.

mamanurse- Hmmmmm. . . maybe your DH can move in over here, and I'll come and move in with you all? :

AAM- I would kill for a hot bath, and ten minutes to pluck my friggin' eyebrows.

I. AM. So. SLEEPY.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#12 of 156 Old 11-29-2008, 11:33 PM

just subbing to the new thread. we spend 4 days in No. NH w/ no internet, no tv...just lots of good food and family .it was fun. i actually finished a book! lol!

Zen did much much better on the 2.5 hour drive up north. and back even. thank goodness!! We couldnt hang his hammock up north so his naps were all on me and he nursed alot more at night being beside me all night long but all in all, it was a good time for all.

I am happy to be home though. ALMOST have everything unpacked.

Carrie, i hope you feel better soon. s

Janasmama, wow! glad your move went well. i cant imagine.
#13 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 12:19 AM

subbing-

Carrie, we're all here for you hon. Talk to us ok?
#14 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 01:33 PM

Carrie, I hope you're feeling better today!

Not much going on here. T-day was filled with lots of food! my girls are with their dad this weekend and one of my boys stayed at his friends last night. my house is really quiet. No complaints on my end.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#15 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 01:39 PM

I'm in and out with these threads, but its always nice to check in and her that other mamas are tired or having a hard time or frustrated with their fussy baby. Support really is everything, and without any family, and not too many close friends in this town, its nice to have a virtual community to check in with every once in a while.

This week I am trying to be thankful for a healthy baby after reading about the lovely mama on here who lost her babe in childbirth. How heartbreaking! The story made me hug Miles closer. How can I complain about my perpetually sore nips, oversupply, no dairy, cranky babe, and long frustrating days when I have my baby in arms?

Thanksgiving felt depressing nonetheless - It was just the three of us, and I didnt have the energy to make the turkey I bought, so we ate leftover pot roast. It was dry. I kept thinking about my grandmother, who I lost this year and was very close with. But DH and I talked the whole meal about what we were thankful for as the angel slept in the swing next to us. He was the star of the conversation, and I just keep reminding myself of that.

"I am thankful for ____"
(I'm going to fill in the blank once per day.)

Thanks for listening.

Today I am thankful for the fact that I have plenty of milk to feed my child with (despite the fact that it chokes him! )
#16 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Thanks, everyone, for thinking of me and for being here for me to lean on. It really means the world to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.rye View Post
How can I complain about my perpetually sore nips, oversupply, no dairy, cranky babe, and long frustrating days when I have my baby in arms?
I agree. As upset as I am, and as many problems as I'm having, I need to be thankful that Nora is here. I do love her very much.

That said, I'm still feeling down. I mean, I love her I just wish I could get to enjoy some of this. I feel like ever since she was born, nursing has been either taken away from me, painful, not working, stressful, etc. How can this be right? I keep questioning everything and it's getting to be unbearable. Sometimes, I feel like giving up, but I know deep down, I would miss nursing terribly.

The latest issue is that even though I'm on diflucan (200 mg/day), and was feeling completely better, on Friday my thrush symptoms came back. I'm mad at myself b/c I didn't treat Nora. I'm mad b/c I did this to myself. So now in addition to these mouth sores that are making it impossible to eat or talk, I've got the burning pain associated with thrush. So, now on Tues I'm taking her to the ped and getting her the Nystatin so that we can do this all over again.

I go back to work in about 5 weeks and it's killing me. I feel like I'm going to miss everything, I feel like she's going to sit up for the first time without me there, she's going to say her first words without me there, she's going to laugh for the first time without me there - and it makes me cry. Literally sob. I wish I did not have to go back to work.

That, and I'm still so sad over losing Leeloo. Having Nora was a welcome distraction at the time, but I just haven't had time to work through my feelings. I miss my cat so much.

The good news is that Nora is oblivious to all of this and is one of the happiest, smiley-est, wonderful-est babies of all time. She is getting so big and so smart! Her hair is growing in and we are amazed and enamored by her. She talks so much and has full conversations with us! I love spending time with her. She is the best.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#17 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.rye View Post
This week I am trying to be thankful for a healthy baby after reading about the lovely mama on here who lost her babe in childbirth. How heartbreaking! The story made me hug Miles closer. How can I complain about my perpetually sore nips, oversupply, no dairy, cranky babe, and long frustrating days when I have my baby in arms?
Exactly. A heartbraking story puts everything in perspective for me.

Quote:
That said, I'm still feeling down. I mean, I love her I just wish I could get to enjoy some of this. I feel like ever since she was born, nursing has been either taken away from me, painful, not working, stressful, etc. How can this be right? I keep questioning everything and it's getting to be unbearable. Sometimes, I feel like giving up, but I know deep down, I would miss nursing terribly.

The latest issue is that even though I'm on diflucan (200 mg/day), and was feeling completely better, on Friday my thrush symptoms came back. I'm mad at myself b/c I didn't treat Nora. I'm mad b/c I did this to myself. So now in addition to these mouth sores that are making it impossible to eat or talk, I've got the burning pain associated with thrush. So, now on Tues I'm taking her to the ped and getting her the Nystatin so that we can do this all over again.

I go back to work in about 5 weeks and it's killing me. I feel like I'm going to miss everything, I feel like she's going to sit up for the first time without me there, she's going to say her first words without me there, she's going to laugh for the first time without me there - and it makes me cry. Literally sob. I wish I did not have to go back to work.
On depression. I know you might not be open to it, but I wouldn't hesitate to turn to a medication for PPD if I was having the same issues. From what you're describing, that would be my label for what you're feeling. I think the hardest thing with depression is the surrendering. Knowing you might not be able to turn things around on your own is difficult, but often the corner that needs to be turned in order to be on the road to a happier state. If medication isn't an option for you, how about a counselor or PPD support group? I'm cocerned for you, Carrie, and truly hope you start to feel better.

Thrush sucks. I hope you beat it all the way this time!

On work. I thought the same. They grow up so fast. Maybe I was lucky, but all her firsts (with dd1) were done with me right there.
#18 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Being grateful that your baby is here and alive when so many others aren't is good, but your feelings of being tired, frustrated, etc should be validated despite other's misfortune. I say this because when ds was 3 mos a friend's baby, who was 2mos, died from SIDS. I spent months feeling so guilty every time I got frustrated with him or was tired and complained, etc, because I kept thinking at least he's hear, I bet so-and-so would love to hear her baby cry. I am happy that Ainsley made it here safely, and is healthy today. I am so sorry that so many others don't get to hold their little ones and listen to them cry. But I am tired and I am frustrated, and that's okay, too.

Carrie, I'm sorry that you're feeling down. I've been having a tough time, too, and getting myself & the kids dressed, and having a routine definitely helps. I use the internet a lot just to feel connected to the outside world, since going out with a 2 year old and newborn who wants to nurse non-stop and just me is not fun. I try to leave when I can and try to have people over whenever they can. I never feel like it leading up to it, but am always glad I did in the end. I stayed shut up in my house when dh was gone after ds was born, and it was just terrible. But I didn't want to leave.. so I didn't. And it only go worse. I hope that you start to feel better soon!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#19 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 03:33 PM

So, I'm a little down today for several reasons. I'm frustrated with the last week because we spent it out of town with my inlaws. It was just miserable. They passed her around all week which made her extremely fussy and I told them that makes her fussy. I guess they don't care much because they don't have to deal with it at the end of the day, I do. DH was of very little help during these fussy times. He just kept telling me that it'll get better and she's only this little once but didn't offer to help or anything; he just went to sleep, leaving me to deal with fussy Ally for hours at a time. His family also never gave her back to me when she started getting fussy for a nursing....they told her, "You can't possibly be hungry, what's the matter?" and tried to find a way to soothe her. I tried to tell them that she nurses a lot and sometimes it's not because she's hungry. It got me no where. I don't have the guts yet to just take her from them. And, there were times she was fussy and I had her and was comforting her but she was still fussy so they'd come take her from me! UGH. That really pissed me off and then at the same time made me feel judged as though I'm incapable of taking care of my own daughter. I felt all week like my every move was being watched and judged. I tried to keep her in the Moby a lot but I got judged for that too....."Then no one can see her!" Well, duh...that's the point! No one can take her from me or touch her hair when I'm wearing her. They just don't understand or have forgotten how difficult it is to have someone else holding your fussy baby or taking her from you. There were plenty of other really frustrating moments but that's the big ones. I went to bed everynight just holding Ally Rae and crying because I was so ready to go home. DH was completely oblivious.

And to top it all off, I had what I thought was fertile EWCM a week ago Friday and sure enough, AF showed up this past Friday. I'm really upset about this and I don't know why. I should feel grateful that I'm fertile and able to have more children. But, really, I just don't want to deal with it right now. Plus, PP hormones are enough to deal with without adding fertility hormones to that. DH thinks the return of my cycles is humorous which really irkes me. : Why is that funny?! It really sucks.
#20 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM

^Tara, I'm so sorry. I personally cannot believe anyone would take a baby from her mother. With her mama is the best place for any baby, fussy or not! I'm so sorry your DH isn't being exactly helpful. Did you tell him how you felt? Is he blowing you off or anything? Once you guys get on the same page, it will make the holidays easier. Are you planning on going back for Christmas?

I, on the other hand, got NO help from my family over Thanksgiving. Nobody except my one sister even asked to hold Nora. My mother has never held her, not even once since she was born. They are so indifferent and uncaring it's hurtful.

And getting AF back already must suck. I'm so sorry mama. Rest up.

#21 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Don't have much time, but just want to give huge to all you Mommas having a hard time!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#22 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM

Carrie, thank goodness, no, we're not going there for Christmas. We alternate holidays so we'll be with my family for Christmas. While it will still be overstimulating for her because I have a huge, loud family, they give her back immediately when she's fussy and never take her w/o asking!

I should add that I'm sure my inlaws probably felt as though they were helping me by being so involved with Ally Rae while we were there. I do understand that but no one listened to me when I'd tell them why she was so fussy.
#23 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM

I wanted to share a few pics, if you don't mind....

Thanksgiving Family pic

Living Room Christmas decor

Dining Room Christmas decor
#24 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

She's getting so big- she's adorable Tara! You're house looks so warm and cozy. Love it!

Try not to stress about AF returning. I had a PP period with my 3rd about now and didn't have another till about 15 months? Maybe one light in between somewhere.
#25 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM

Oh Tara, I'm so sorry. That "You can't possible be hungry!" crap makes me so angry, I heard that SO MANY TIMES with ds. It's because no one has faith that our bodies can take care of our babies.. they way they were intended to, I guess. It always made me feel bad and weird, like did they think that I just WANTED to have this little sucker (literally ) hanging off of me all day?! I'd be upset with dh for not sticking by your side during that. I hope the next time you're around them it goes better!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#26 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
She's getting so big- she's adorable Tara! You're house looks so warm and cozy. Love it!

Try not to stress about AF returning. I had a PP period with my 3rd about now and didn't have another till about 15 months? Maybe one light in between somewhere.
Oh that does give me some hope! Although, unfortunately, my Mom was the exact same....she never missed more than 1 cycle after giving birth. : Our pregnancies were NOTHING alike until this one thing. Sheesh.
#27 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM

s to everyone feeling down... I remember those feelings from when ds was an infant. Somehow I've been spared this time around but I really feel for you gals going through it.

Tara, I can't believe they would act so clueless when Ally Rae needed her mama. Would saying anything to DH help for future events?Ugh I remember those kind of comments with my ex-in-laws. "He's hungry again?" like that really helped matters considering I struggled with supply issues. :

Gorgeous pictures!!! Ally Rae is getting so big. I absolutely love the shots of the Christmas decorations, breathtaking.

AAM: We did it! As in, IT. 7 weeks pp, after I got the ok from the midwife. Hurt a bit at first, but after that things were great. I was pretty sore the day after, though! But now I have to start dealing with bc. DH doesn't want any more children, and I don't want anymore right now either, I will never finish my degree if I keep having babies. Any recommendations for something that won't affect my ohrmone levels for breastfeeding? We were only using NFP and the occasional condom use before, but obviously didn't have the willpower to abstain during the right time, as we were naughty during my most fertile time, and sure enough less than two weeks later I was staring at the positive test. (Not that I'm complaining, I love my little pumpkin!) So it's on to something we can't screw up.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#28 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 PM

^My OB recommended a progesterone pill for BC since it doesn't affect BF'ing like estrogen-based pills do.
#29 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 06:02 PM

: Fairieshadow! I don't have any good recs for bc, though. It's just condoms for us.

Tararae- Do take your baby away, if you need her back, you're her mommy, and you have every right to be the big momma bear, and protect your tiny girl! Go girly! You can do it!

BabyCakes- I'm sorry you have such mixed emotions about nursing. You have won through so much already in that department, I think you should be proud. I was telling my mom about you the other day, and she was mighty impressed! She had lots of problems nursing us, and has been very supportie of me breastfeeding.

AAM- I'm really struggling with my self image right now. I feel like if I eat anything at all, I'm going to gain lots of weight, and I've been so hungry. So of course over Thanksgiving, I ate, and I haven't stopped. I literally feel guilty for needing to eat, and I feel like every bite is going to make me fat. This is insane. I want to keep losing weight, but not this way. I just want to stop eating entirely.

Niemals Gewalt
#30 of 156 Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 PM

Carrie Good luck with your move

fairieshadowThanksgiving at the firehall sounds fun...what a beautiful family!!

babycakes hope your feeling better soon...so sorry to hear you are feeling down. Have you tried gentian violet for Nora?? It is the only thing that worked with Rufus after battling thrush for 5 weeks....
I am so sorry you are having a hard time about going back to work, I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be...I hope the trasntion goes smootlhy and that Nora does all her special milestones on the weekends for you.
Hugs about Leelo...it's can't be easy missing your cat so much at times like this.

Quote:
Hazel had her first extremely rough night last night after a busy day. I think she just didn't get to sleep enough during the day and that left us with an overtired baby who also happened to have gas. We had 5 hours of inconsolable crying last night. The poor thing passed out at 11 and then slept well the rest of the night. Hopefully tonight won't be a repeat.
hope you don't have to go through that ever again...

Quote:
Our house is decorated for the holidays. I'd like to get some candles for the menorah and an advent calendar for dd1 (is that what the candy in the days left to Christmas is called?) then I'm all finished. Dh still has to decorate the exterior and tonight we'll trim the tree. Dd1 and him are out at the tree farm right now. I've also got chex mix in the oven as I type:
I am just about done decorating as well...I put up the advent calender today and the boys were all over it..they wanted the chocolate sooo badly today....

Quote:
We couldnt hang his hammock up north so his naps were all on me and he nursed alot more at night being beside me all night long but all in all, it was a good time for all.
what kind of hammock does he sleep in??

Quote:
I feel the same way sometimes, but you have a right to feel down about being in pain and having a cranky baby, yes it's a blessing to have your little one but that doens't make the hard days easy....hugs mama!!

Tara i'm sorry your thanksgiving was such a Pain with how everyone was with Ally Rae...Why do people think it's ok to pass our babies around like footballs. I am even sorrier that your dh wasn't much help in the situation...I imagine that had to make it worse. That really sucks that AF is back already....I have heard of women getting one ppd af and then not getting it again for months...hope that is the case for you.

AAM: I haven't been posting much on this thread lately I find it so hard to keep up but I am trying...
Keir is a wonderful baby, he sleeps well, eats well and is rarely cranky...he doesn't go for the longest stretches at night but i'm ok with that becasue he is so good the rest of the time. Last night he actually did pretty good...was down from 10-12:30 in his crib, then again from 1-4:30, when I brought him to bed and we slept till 7:30.
My first son was an awesome sleeper and was sleeping 5-6 hours at this time and was sleeping 12 hours by 12 weeks....my second son never went more then 2 hours till after a year so I am guess that keir is going to be somewhere in between.

He is very content to sleep in the swing, the bouncy chair, the crib, the carseat and in bed with us so I certainly can't complain about that.

Dh and I have been getting on each others nerves for the fast few days....I think it's becasue dtd didn't work out so well last week as I was feeling to cramping when trying and he is getting frustrated with me...not to mention we have been home together since Keir was born with barely any time to ourselves. I shouldn't complain though since I am surprised at how well we have been getting along.

My ds#1 who is my spirited child has been driving me bonkers lately and I am afraid I haven't been a very good mama to him lately...really have to work on that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page