Period already?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am EBFing my 7 week old daughter, but AF came a'knocking yesterday. It's fairly light, with some pains, but even so, isn't that too soon? I was looking forward to many months without...:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Welcome to the club..... I've got a nine week old... and am on my 2nd PP AF already! (but I have PCOS.. hence the messed up cycles).

This always happens to me... and I'm EBF'ng too for that matter. I know there are others of us who have started too.... it's definitely not fair... but happens

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 12-03-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm with you too. AF arrived last Friday and is just now tapering off. : I was 8wks PP yesterday. Also EBF.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM

I was under the understanding that if you are EBFing, any bleeding before 56 days PP isn't counted as AF (that comes from Taking Charge of Your Fertility). But to all of you, that is so annoying! I am still bleeding at 5.5w PP.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM

^My guess is that's a general rule for the majority of women. However, general rules cannot always be applied to everyone.

I'm counting mine as AF because I had EWCM a week before it showed up and it's not brown like normal PP bleeding. The pattern of bleeding is the same as my normal AF's too.

I wish I could be like the majority of EBF'ing Moms!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post

I'm counting mine as AF because I had EWCM a week before it showed up and it's not brown like normal PP bleeding. The pattern of bleeding is the same as my normal AF's too.

I wish I could be like the majority of EBF'ing Moms!
:

I also had ovulation pain before, and upon further reading here I found some women in similar sitch who had the return of AF after 6 weeks, so apparently it happens. Lucky me.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen_esque View Post
:

I also had ovulation pain before, and upon further reading here I found some women in similar sitch who had the return of AF after 6 weeks, so apparently it happens. Lucky me.
I had a random cramp one week before AF too and just shrugged it off as a still-adjusting PP uterus. I should've known, combined with the EWCM. Sheesh.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 AM

Ahh, that just sucks. Sorry, mamas. AF returned for me at almost 6mths PP with DS1, and I am praying she stays away for much longer this time.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 PM

I opened this thread looking for some answers re: bleeding. My PP bleeding seemed to have stopped aboutor 10 days ago but now I have been bleeding heavily for 3-4 days: bright red, no unusual odour, no cramping, just LOTS and LOTS of blood (soaking a pad every 1.5hr or so)

Could this be AF? The bleeding is not showing signs of slowing down.

This is my third baby and all have been exclusively breastfed, but I have never bled like this.

What were your early periods like?

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
Old 12-05-2008, 09:51 PM

PrairieBohemian that sounds like a return of your bleeding, and with it soaking things that heavily. I'd be concerned. Have you tried staying in bed all day to rest (I know that's hard when you have other young kids), it's possible that you've been doing to much and your body is responding by bleeding. Otherwise I'd be concerned about a piece of placenta, or infection or something going on in there for you to bleed this heavily so late in things.

For me the return of my period is pretty much like any period.. cramps, mood swings, and normal bleeding (for me), oh and tender nipples (lovely when BF'ng lol).

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 PM

PrarieBohemian, I would check with your HCP if you have one. That sounds like it could be something else, but I don't know for sure.

I get to join the "Are you kidding me? AF already?" club, too. I'm 8 weeks pp. But I got my period about 8 weeks out with my previous two kids as well, so no real suprise here. :

ETA: All my kids have been ebf, too.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 12-08-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieBohemian View Post
I opened this thread looking for some answers re: bleeding. My PP bleeding seemed to have stopped aboutor 10 days ago but now I have been bleeding heavily for 3-4 days: bright red, no unusual odour, no cramping, just LOTS and LOTS of blood (soaking a pad every 1.5hr or so)

Could this be AF? The bleeding is not showing signs of slowing down.

This is my third baby and all have been exclusively breastfed, but I have never bled like this.

What were your early periods like?
I will be 7 weeks PP on Tuesday and am still bleeding. It started to slow down in the 4th week just to pick back up and become bright red. However, its not heavy at all (I could probably wear the same pad all day). It doesn't seem to be my period though. I told my OB at my 6 week appt. and after telling her that I'm EBF, she is sending me for a pelvic ultrasound. With my first I was done bleeding by the 4th week PP, so I'm frustrated with this-so sick of pads!!!

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 PM

Well the day after posting, the bleeding did slow and petered out as would be expected of AF. My gut instinct says it was AF, especially since I am impatient to be pregnant again. I know I will have 1 more baby, and am having a hard time waiting for my whole family to come!

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:54 AM

Update:
Well girls, the bleeding was def AF. I started bleeding again yesterday, right on schedule. Unbelievale. My dd is 8.5 weeks and I am on my second period. Looks like baby #4 wants to come sooner than later!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieBohemian View Post
Update:
Well girls, the bleeding was def AF. I started bleeding again yesterday, right on schedule. Unbelievale. My dd is 8.5 weeks and I am on my second period. Looks like baby #4 wants to come sooner than later!
Wow, when are you planning for #4? That's so exciting to be thinking about the next.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

User Tag List