Are you slinging? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2008, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you using?
Right now I am using a Momo Designs Ring Sling. I also have a Bjorn and an Ergo.

Does your baby like it?
Charlotte loves being in the sling. I haven't used the Bjorn yet with her as we tend to use that when we are hiking with babies and since we now live on the East Coast and it is winter time, our hikes are few and far between.

Are you enjoying it?
I love baby wearing! I love having my baby so close to me and so snuggly. Plus with three so young, slinging allows me to keep the baby close and be able to play with the other two. I would have to say that my favorite of them all is the Ergo...love, love, love my Ergo.

We recently got a new computer so I can't share the picture of me slinging my oldest two (one in the Bjorn on the front and the other in the Ergo on my back) while walking an 8 km marathon. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I was so happy to do it while being so snuggly with my babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCindy View Post
Just curious how many of you are babywearing. . .

What are you using?
Does your baby like it?
Are you enjoying it?

Personally I am using my pouch more than anything, quick easy in/easy out with the other two kids running around. He loves the wrap more though.
We're babywearing tons! In the Maya Wrap around the house while I'm cooking/cleaning/tending to the older kids. When we go out I put him in the Moby Wrap. I'll put him in the Moby at home too, if I feel I'd like a bit more a secure, snuggly hold. But the Maya is easier to pop him in and out of (unless I already have the Moby on).

Galen fusses sometimes but generally he enjoys riding along. Fussing is usually related to hunger (and I can nurse pretty well in either carrier) or needing to pee (in which case I pop him out and offer to potty him).

I enjoy it most of the time. There are sometimes I wish I didn't have a baby on me (like when I'm cleaning up something on the floor). But most of the time I like having him snuggled up seeing the world or snoozing sweetly.

DH wears him in a DH-sized Maya wrap quite a bit, too - especially on the weekends.

Thinking of asking my mom for an Ergo for my bday in March but I'm not sure yet.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
At most she lasts 30 min in the carrier, then cries and wails and won't have anything to do with it. She loves being held, though, so I don't know where the disconnect lies. Any advice?
carrie, my DD hated the moby also. HATED. IT. i gave it a good 5-6 tries for a little bit here or there......do you have a store nearby where you could try on some other wraps? (or maybe a babywearing group, or something else?) i was able to go to a store and try DD in the ergo. she was super cranky when we got there (still allergic to her car seat ) and i put her in the ergo, she was asleep in 2 minutes. this was maybe 2 weeks ago, and now she takes all her daytime naps in the ergo on me or daddy. i like it for many reasons, but it's great that both DH and i can wear it since it's fully adjustable. hopefully you could try nora in some other slings and see if she has a preference.

just a side note, our DD also totally prefers to be in arms. but it's not practical with a 3-year old running amok. i hope you find something you love!

Veg mama to DS (6/05) and DD (10/08) :
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Totally! Try a few other things. Best advice i've heard on baby wearing is to seek out carriers that hold baby in the position they prefer in arms. B refuses to lay in cradle unless he's nursing so structured carriers and wraps work great for us while he loathes pouches and ring slings.

Frogmama.com has a carrier exchange program and some killer clearance/returns. Also, thebabywearer.com sale board has rock bottom prices right now- just search what you want bc there is a LOT to be had.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:01 AM

Thank you!! Yes, Nora hates being cradled, she has to be upright. I think that's why the Bjorn works as well as it does. I think the major problem with it is she needs her arms free, and with the Bjorn they are basically locked down. I'll check out those sites -- thanks again, mamas!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-01-2009, 01:06 AM

Oh man... TBW is dangerous for me. I now have a mandarin LE linen indio otw to me
Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM

What are you using?

I have a sling, a "Frankenkozy" and a stretchy wrap, I made them myself

Does your baby like it?
He likes the sling and is tolerating the wrap. He used to like the frankenkozy a lot, but lately he doesn't. I think it may be that he doesn't like too much pressure on his tummy, and in the sling and the wrap, he can manuever himself to the side a bit when he is gassy to keep the pressure off of his tummy moreso than in the frankenkozy.

Are you enjoying it?
I like the wrap the best. It's so comfy. But I'm just getting used to using it. I like the sling because I know how to use it easily and can do some real incognito nursing it it. But I can't for the life of me get it down how to nurse on the right breast in the sling. That's my only hangup.
I like my frankenkozy least because I made the straps out of corduroy and they are bulky tied around me, and I can't sit down to drive, or anything comfortably without pulling the whole thing off. This sucks for getting in and out the car and poppability. It gets to be a bit more trouble than it's worth when I'm running errands around town. I think I need to make another one with different kind of straps. I loved a frankenkozy with my first child.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Carrie have you tried a pouch? Maya is the same as Nora- wants to be held upright, and likes her arms free. And she loves being in the pouch. Here's a pic:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/IMG_0062.jpg
Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 PM

I am using and LOVING my Metro Wrap. I noticed no one else mentioned it. I have tried all sorts of slings/carriers and this is my favorite. It is kind of a pain to put on if you don't do it before you leave the house. (it is really, really long and being a germ freak I can't stand it touching the floor in a public place) I live in an area where I swear no one wears their baby. (just babies in buckets ) I have been stopped every single time I have worn it. All nice comments, how pretty it is, (I got a cool design on mine) how comfy the baby looks... Now if I could get some positive comments on having 5 children!

Btw Carrie, this is an upright carrier also. And sooooo much more comfortable than a bjorn.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4hs View Post
Now if I could get some positive comments on having 5 children!
I am LOL at this. We've only been out a handful of times all together since Iris has been born and I think *every time* someone has said something along the lines of "my, you have your hands full."

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM

It dawned on me the other day that if I didn't have a bucket infant car seat, I'd be wearing Nora much more. I've got to check out that pouch type of carrier -- I think Nora would love that! Thanks for that idea!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 AM

We our pouches!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Oh man... TBW is dangerous for me. I now have a mandarin LE linen indio otw to me
LOL, I would be going crazy if hubby let me. Just got a wrap for the little guy though, sooo exciting to buy one that will be his someday.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 AM

And I already sold it.

User Tag List