The "Dear Kid" thread. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gotta love the grunts and wiggles. DH said he wished babies purred. Perhaps we should think of their grunts (or each vocalization with a swallow of milk while they sleepnurse) as purrs? Nah. Impossible.
#32 of 34 Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Gotta love the grunts and wiggles. DH said he wished babies purred. Perhaps we should think of their grunts (or each vocalization with a swallow of milk while they sleepnurse) as purrs? Nah. Impossible.
laughup

Em- That would drive me nuts if dh woke ME up to nurse Hazel. It's Hazel's job to wake me, not his! I think you should wake him up to change her diaper for some sweet revenge
#33 of 34 Old 12-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Dear Hazel,

I love that you are a good sleeper. While it's true that I appreciate you sleep a 6-8 hour stretch every evening, I am completely dissatisfied with the amount of grunting/wiggling/noisemaking you make between the hours of 4am and whenever the hell we get out of bed. It's about to drive me to insanity.

So.... please stop. It's not really a threat and it IS inevitable, but if your extremely loud baby grunting does not cease I will have to put you in the crib upstairs in your room. Yes... that means I'll actually have to get out of bed to nurse your sweetness in the middle of the night and will hear your grunting quietly over the baby monitor. There will be no more late night gazing at me as you fall asleep with your belly full of milk to the tune of Daddy snoring.

Love,

Mommy
Keir got a sleep sheep that plays different white noises and I think I appreciate it to keep me asleep rather then it working to keep him asleep...lol

My Dearest Darling Keir,

You are truly an amazing baby and I shouldn't complain but i'm going to...lol. Yes you sleep great during the day, yes you give me many hours to get things done either by sleeping or by being content just sitting around watching everything going on around you. Yes you barely ever cry, but seriously kid you need to start sleeping in some stretches that last more then 2-3 hours!! I am tired of the contant wake ups during the night. I am tired of getting maybe one 2.5 hour stretch and then being up every 1-2 hours for the rest of the night.

If you do start sleeping well I will be blessed with a practically perfect babe...is that really to much to ask for??

I love you bug
Mama
#34 of 34 Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 PM

My Dearest Little Peanut,

Please, please, please stop tugging at my nips when you feed. It's not your job to discover just how far they will stretch. Just try to remember that they are attached to Mama and she kind of needs them. I love you, Charlotte and I love breastfeeding you but this new game of latch/unlatch/latch/unlatch/latch is getting kind of old. Oh, and don't get mad at me when you are on the boob and you turn your head and my nip doesn't stay in your mouth. Remember, it is attached to my boob and doesn't go wherever you do.

Love,
Mama
xoxo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page