When are you planning your next baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started bleeding yesterday....what I thought was my period. Filled a tampon and then nothing by the evening. Nothing all night and then at lunch started bleeding a bit again. I put a tampon in. We will see what happens. I think I may just be getting a very light period. I am still going to test sometime next week, just to make sure though.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 03:10 AM

I want another boy so badly.......but I know dh thinks we're "done." Around 2010 I'd like to be pregnant again. We'll see....dh said he never wanted 3 kids. I badly badly want another boy though and if I somehow did get to have a 3rd child and it was a girl...that would be it...I can't handle 4.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Done, done, done, done, done...have I mentioned that we are done!

Three births in under three years is enough for me. I would love to say that I am all Earth Mother Goddess while pregnant but I'm not...I'm an uber cranky, uncomfortable biznatch! DH and I are ready to get on to the next phase in our life and really enjoy our children. I also want the chance to BF for as long as Charlotte and I would like to. I lost my supply of milk as soon as I hit the second trimester for both pregnancies and couldn't BF anymore. Sophie was only nine months old and Dalton was one year.

That being said though, we didn't feel right about doing anything permanent. I did get an IUD put in and if for some reason I did get pregnant with the IUD in, we would welcome another child....we just aren't planning for one!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM

I'm not ready to even start thinking about having another. I do probably want another baby, but it's too soon. DH wants 3 or 4, but I say we're taking it one at a time!

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM

Strangely, as time goes by, I do feel like I want another. Although, not anytime soon. I want to give all my attention and love to Nora right now. DH and I were talking the other night about this, and we both felt the same in that we want her to have her time with us uninterrupted for awhile.

Looking at her newborn pictures and seeing her teensy clothes makes me want more, though. I can't imagine never doing this again. (Which is a different feeling than I had even a week ago).

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM

I had initially thought 2 years but right now I'm thinking another 3 - 3.5 year gap would be good. For my own sanity and so Galen gets the nursing and babying he deserves, and I can focus on his good nutrition and rebuilding my own stores for the next babe. As for how many children we want period, I don't know. Maybe even Galen will be the last... about when DS2 was 18 months is when my desire for a new baby started growing again so we'll see with Galen. Using LAM and then NFP/FAM for child spacing.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM

I so want another, but DH says we're done. Although when Bella was first born, he refused to even think about #3, but now seems a bit more open to the idea. However I would not another for at least a few years. We're only using condoms as BC right now though, and he's always saying he wants to stop using them, and I put the BC in his hands, since he's the one who doesn't want more kids.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Strangely, as time goes by, I do feel like I want another. Although, not anytime soon. I want to give all my attention and love to Nora right now. DH and I were talking the other night about this, and we both felt the same in that we want her to have her time with us uninterrupted for awhile.

Looking at her newborn pictures and seeing her teensy clothes makes me want more, though. I can't imagine never doing this again. (Which is a different feeling than I had even a week ago).
You know what is funny? I have changed my mind since last week too. I wanted another baby really bad...I think it was because I wanted a 'normal' birth so badly. But I got thinking of all the things I would like to do with Calli. Like our whole family is full of hockey players. I would like her to play hockey....if she wants to and then we will be gone all the time for tournaments etc. I think I might just want to spoil her. I think we will be busy enough with just her. I might change my mind again in a while but for some reason, right now, I feel done.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

I've mentioned previously that I want another and dh adamantly doesn't. He knows it's his sole responsibility to wrap his pecker as that's our only form of BC. So.... We've DTD now 14 times and he has yet to put a condom on despite my warnings. I'm just hoping I don't get pregnant too soon and that he continues his casual ways after the amennorhea is over
Old 12-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Well I definitely want at least 2 more babes. But I would like to wait for a couple more years, after Thierry's last surgery, to get pregnant again.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:10 PM

DH says he's done. And the logical side of me agrees, because I want to be able to afford to raise my children the way I was raised, and until I finish school and get settled in a good job, we're on a pretty tight budget. The emotional side of me can't decide, though. One minute I feel like we've got a perfect little family of four now. Then I find myself already missing the joys of pregnancy (oh how quickly I forget how miserable I was at the end ) and Elina's tiny little newborn self. Then the next minute I remember that once Elina is old enough we can start doing fun things like camping out, and I'll be able to be my normal energetic self again, which won't happen anytime soon if we have another!

DH says that other than the money thing, he doesn't see himself being able to handle having that many children. And yet, he says, if we ever end up pregnant with a third, we'd have to have a fourth as well. We haven't been as careful as we should be if we definitely don't want any more, although I didn't get first pp AF back with ds until 15 months (when I went back to work for my full 8 hour shifts) so I doubt we have much to worry about. We have been trying to remember to use the pull out method though. And I'm supposed to get an IUD put in shortly. I'm not thrilled about it because of the stories I keep hearing and reading about the cramping and bleeding though.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM

We are planning to have 3 of our own and adopting a 4th but we'll see. We would foster first if we decided to adopt.

We'll start TTC when Ally Rae is 12-18mo. We'd like our children to be 2-3 years apart and it took us 5 cycles (about 4 months) to get pg with Ally. We're definitely in agreement on this stuff. We'll use charting/temping for TTC and charting/temping/condoms for TTA until then. I'm not big on the idea of prescription BC again.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
And I'm supposed to get an IUD put in shortly. I'm not thrilled about it because of the stories I keep hearing and reading about the cramping and bleeding though.
O/T - I got mine in on the 9th and haven't stopped bleeding yet. And I'm not talking spotting, this is full out, heavy bleeding, 2-3 pads a day. It does not a romantic relationship make. If this continues for much longer I don't know what I'm going to do - I've read you can bleed for 3 months or longer. Not what I wanted to happen to me, but you never know how your body will respond to something like this.

B/c of this DH and I have only DTD twice since Nora was born. I'm pissed. :

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM

^^Carrie that sucks! I'd be pissed too. Ugh!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM

Well G is number eight...should I go for number nine? I don't know just yet. His difficult birth is still too fresh in my memory. IF we decide to have number nine (DP #2), we won't start trying until after G turns 1 yr. We've sort of talked about it but we are both happy with just G! We aren't doing anything for protection except LAM.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

User Tag List