Weekly Chat January 3-9 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
on telling your boss--when i decided to stay home i gave a month's notice before school stared--i worked in preschool & my boss was still p'oed...only reason i waited beyond end of school in may was we were undecided on me at home or opposite schedules. i gave dh time to try to find something else i technically could have waited another 2 weeks & dh tried to get me to do it. i say do it the way that lets you leave the fastest & don't worry about it cause it won't be a happy situation either way. just my .02 as i nak

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is with our good sleepers turning night owls?! Addie has consistently been out like a light for 5 hrs by 9:30 for MONTHS, but the past week has been crazy trying to get her to bed. She'll chomp my bbs till I can't handle it anymore while thrashing around, so the past couple nights Dh has had her with the paci until she's fallen asleep around midnight. I can't be in bed though, otherwise she wants my boobs. I think she's starting the teething process too b/c she's just super fussy all. the. time. and this is NOT my happy, sweet little girl that I've had for months.

On the other hand, she talks non-stop!! She even sings along with me. It's extremely cute and Dh and I just melt and laugh so much. She will seriously go on and on for minutes at a time.

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, school started back up for me and I'm super busy. Probably won't be on here as much as before.

Can I get some good vibes from all you ladies? Dh just found a job posting for the city that is EXACTLY what he is wanting to do with his career, he's even qualified for the position... and that'd give us a secure income and health benefits!!! I'm trying not to get excited, but this would be SUCH a huge thing for our family. I almost want to cry I want him to get this job so bad. The deadline to apply is next month... so I've got a long time to try and not get my hopes up. (Ha, they're already up!)

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 AM

On my phone, but wanted to chime in re: sucking air in giggle. Calla does that too. She sounds like a little monkey!

Good luck in your insurance company dealings, ladies.

Owl, sorry to hear about the sleep woes. I'm sure it's temporary.

AAM: I just comfort nursed Calla to comfort me! I had nightmare. . It was kinds silly and at the "end" I heard Bill's voice say, "There's something wrong this morning."

It creeped me out! So I teXted him. He said the only thing wrong was he was still talking work with co-workers at midnight after a biz dinner! He phoned to make me feel better.

I feel so wide awake now, though! Calla just did one of those actual giggles in her sleep, so At least one of us is having good dreams.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:28 AM

Oh I missed your post somehow, Em. Best of luck re: the job for your DH. It sounds so promising. I know everything will work out for the best.

Thinking of sleep... I'Ve been seArching the web a lot b/c calla isn't napping well lately. She's still ok at night, thank heavens... Anyway, I read that around this age babies start having a longer light sleep period they cycle through every so often while asleep and they aren't used to dealing with it and knowing they should go back to sleep. The site was advocating swaddling so the babies don't wake themselves starling or flailing. Don't know if you all are swaddling or not still, I haven't been, but it may help.

Anyone know of a good swaddle blanket for a BIG baby (17 pound, 24+ inches) that will hold tight? I want to buy one to try for Calla's naps.

Okay, nite nite my friends.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 AM

Em, that sounds awesome for you guys. I hope he gets it!!

Catherine, I use The Miracle Blanket. I bought 2 before ds was born, he's about 14-15 lbs now and there's still lots of room. If I had the motivation/energy at the time I would have made one, it's not hard, but in the end, it was definitely worth every cent. We still swaddle for *every* nap and nighttime.

As for me, I *think* I've figured out this hourly nightwaking my ds has done since a couple weeks old. He wakes up crying at 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 pretty much every single night : I put two and two together and figured out he needs to burp an hour or so after feeding. So after his 2 am feed, he wakes at 3 needing to burp, but I end up feeding him, so he wakes up again the next hour and once again I feed him etc..

Last night, he went to bed 9ish, slept for about 3 1/2 hours, then after his midnight feed, I sat up and burped him and he slept through until 4 am! I fed him at that time and an hour later he was up doing the "I need to burp cry"

weird, this baby of ours

nak now...
Slightly related, I think I need to have someone check his latch. He is constantly clicking and taking in a lot of air while he nurses. I think I'll attend a LLL meeting in a couple weeks. It'll be nice to talk to other nursing moms, too.
Crazy how three kids later, there is still so much to learn. lol

So glad I joined this ddc. It helps with the loneliness IRL. to everyone..Hope are babes get back on track with sleeping.

Have a good day!

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Anyone know of a good swaddle blanket for a BIG baby (17 pound, 24+ inches) that will hold tight? I want to buy one to try for Calla's naps.
we swaddle zen every night and he has slept really well from birth. i didnt post about it b/c well....tahts a stupid thing to say to moms whose babies dont sleep through the night (like my first 3 and ds3 still doesnt really sleep through the night). we use the halo ones. those jj cole ones are horrible!!

as great as zen is at night daytime is the opposite. he has no real naptimes at all
Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM

neveryoumindthere: Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to try to go an LLL meeting tomorrow for the first time. I'm not really having any issues, but just kind of want to go.

pw: We used to swaddle Calla for the first few weeks, but it made diaper changes such a PITA and we noticed she slept fine without being swaddled, anyway, so we abandoned the practice. Now she is still fine at night in bed with us, and okay in the early morning when I get up to do chores/shower while she is still sleeping in the bed (I watch her on the video monitor and see her startling/flailing her arms, but she usually doesn't wake up from it), but during her naps it's a different story. I have been putting her in the crib for naps (putting her down almost asleep after a bit of nursing and rocking) standing by her side until she dozes off, then I'll do something like fold clothes or check email there in the nursery so I can be nearby in case she wakes. And she's fine for about forty minutes or so, then without fail her arms will float up to her face and her eyes will pop open and she'll be upset and very awake!

I pulled out our favorite old swaddling blankets (oversized receiving blankets) from when she was a new-newborn the other day and tried swaddling her in them. They were way too small I know this was probably a co-incidence, (how could she really see the humor in it?) but she started laughing at me. Wise guy!

I've also tried tucking blankets around her arms and then leaning her back into her boppy with the blanket tucked under her.(I let her nap in there if I can watch her, I think it's better for her reflux anyway.) That just won't hold her and her little legs are left free to kick all over creation. Plus, she scootches down and winds up with the blanket in her face, which doesn't seem safe at all - so that's not going to work...

I'm hoping getting her swaddled well will help, but we'll see. I went to BRU to buy a Halo one the other day, but they didn't have one large enough. I'm going to have to look online, I suppose.

I always give up and just let her nap in my arms (or the wrap) for a few hours so she can get her beauty sleep, but it certainly would be nice to have that time for other purposes as it was when she was smaller and would literally sleep anywhere. Like this.

I was terrible about naps as an infant/child... I hope this isn't some of the payback my mother used to wish upon me!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:28 PM

I second the miracle blanket. It's good to probably 6 months?

Nevermindyouthere- B clicks and takes in a lot of air too. It's annoying but the LC I talked to said that as long as my supply is good, nips aren't sore and he's gaining well- not to worry about it. Sure is noisy though!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Well I guess I should say 'hello' again..... and I hope Amber's DH can get that job!

I too have joined the ranks of baby waking a lot in the night..... He was doing really well having 5-6 hrs sometimes even 7-8 hr stretches at night..... now it's 2-3 hrs at most 5 (and NOT when I'm sleeping if he does go that long). I feel like pouting LOL! Especially since my 2 yr old is starting to wake up to be comforted in the night sometimes now too... ahhhh!

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Anyone know of a good swaddle blanket for a BIG baby (17 pound, 24+ inches) that will hold tight? I want to buy one to try for Calla's naps..
Drive by post...

We have the Aiden and Anais 4 pack of swaddle blankets and adore them. At this point, I put Hazel into a sleepsack and just swaddle her arms with the blanket folded up into about a foot wide and 3 feet long. It holds her all night as it's really the kicking that makes her "bust out."

HTH
Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Drive by post...

We have the Aiden and Anais 4 pack of swaddle blankets and adore them. At this point, I put Hazel into a sleepsack and just swaddle her arms with the blanket folded up into about a foot wide and 3 feet long. It holds her all night as it's really the kicking that makes her "bust out."

HTH
I LOVE the Aden and Anais blankets, because they are so soft and pretty. But we haven't been able to use them as swaddles. I think we are just too scared to do them tight enough. We just use those SwaddleMe things, but at probably 12 lbs and 24" Carolyn seems to be right on the top of the size limit.

I'm SO jealous of you ladies with laughing LOs. Carolyn loves smiling, but hasn't really laughed. Or, at least, hasn't made a laugh that we recognize. Even though she was one of the earlier babies born in our DDC, so seems a little slow on milestones.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 PM

OMG!!! STRESS OUT THE WAZOO!

I seriously don't know how some people do it. I'm feeling like a complete and utter failure because I can't do what is expected of me. How on earth do you take care of and infant with a completely unruly toddler? My son is driving me crazy! I try to clean and he runs behind me and makes it worse than it originally was. He takes advantage of me being tied down when bfing or when the baby is tired and uses those times to do things he KNOWS he's not supposed to such as grab a permanent marker and write on walls. He screams at me, hides things from me, talks back (in gibberish), and just imply will NOT mind me. I've tried everything under the sun to get him to behave, but nothing works. I know he needs some attention, but I don't have the time. I probably would if he would stop doing what he's doing, but as it is he's just making things 10x's worse and I can't get him to just stop, even for 10 minutes. I get sooo stressed out that I can't do anything. I just bottom out & sit there. I know that I NEED to clean the house and wash the dishes but I can't seem to make myself. I do what's necessary such as feed the kids and take care of their needs, but beyond that... Nope. I just want to sleep... just sleep the days away. That's the only time I feel I'm at peace. I daydream about going to bed and just sleeping for hours on end.

I finally broke down yesterday on the phone while talking to my mom. I just sobbed and told her about all that I've been feeling. She's going to take my son for about a week to give me time to both de-stress and do what needs to get done around the house. She's going to try and help me find a daycare center for my son so that 1 or 2 days out of the week I can get a break. She said that she would take him for me if it wasn't for her living an hour away. She also said that I need to get out and away from the kids every now and then, but that's so hard because I have no friends that live closer than an hour away. I live 20 minutes out of town and am isolated in the country... just me & the kids. Half the time I don't even get to see my husband because he works the nights shifts and he sleeps all day long. I just feel so alone and stressed and I just want to stop feeling this way.

Ugh... sorry for the long vent. I've been needing to get that out.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:45 PM

*big hugs* Amy Lynn .. NAK'ng .. will share more later but believe me I know the feeling!!

DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM

more for you, AL! I, too, know the feeling....except I have 4 other big ones.

I know its easier said than done but these days won't last forever and there will be a time when you will miss your ds being this small. You are absolutely right about him trying to get your attention. His world has been rocked since his little sis came into the world..he now has to share you and that can be a difficult thing for a toddler to comprehend. Their behavior goes downhill when they can't seem to get a reaction out of you by acting in a positive way. My ds3 is still like that and he's 5. When his behavior starts getting out of control I know I need to refocus my attention on him. We are like a video game to our kiddos...they figure out quick what buttons they need to push to get us to react when we're too busy to react when they're doing good. Our littles get positive reinforcement of not so great behavior when we react to their actions. It goes beyond "catching them being good" but that is nonetheless important.

As far as housework goes...there was someone's sig on here that really resonated with me: messy house=happy kids. That's been my mantra of late. Disorganized messes make me crazy so I've had to really readjust my frame of mind when the kids are making messes. We've really been trying to stress will all of them (even my 2 y/o dd) that messes are ok as long as they are picked up once they are done. Don't beat yourself up, mama. When it comes to folding laundry or playing with your boy...your ds wins. Laundry or dishes or whatever can wait. Your ds's childhood won't last forever.

I know its not much consolation, especially when you're in the middle of very stressful times, but you truly aren't alone. Its frustration I think we all feel as mamas at some point. It does pass, fortunately. And you always have us to lean on when you need it.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM

squalling baby in arms...

girls I'm amazed at home much my oldest and youngest look alike.. check these out:
Narthaniel http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1177628627 .. and this picture of Samuel http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1177628627 ... LOL!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Amy Lynn,
I've got 3 boys 4 and under.. so I've totally been in these types of stress.. I think between the above and my sleep deprivation is why I have PPD, without meds I'm a WRECK... sad to say. Totally totally take your Moms advice....

((((((hugs)))))) and please feel free to rant/vent/share with us ANYTIME you want/need to!!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

nak
dd is 5 & unruly too,
Old 01-07-2009, 11:10 PM

I've started using disposable diapers at night, which I didn't really want to do but feel is necessary right now. I didn't get any inserts or doublers when I got the prefolds I'm using since I didn't know I'd need them, and don't have the money right now to buy any - we have literally NONE to spare. Eleanor doesn't like to sleep in a wet diaper, and lately with her waking so often I would have to change her pretty much every time she woke up, 4-5 times per night. I've used disposables for the past 2 nights, and it has helped a lot just knowing I'll only have to change her maybe once, unless she poops. When I do have to order more I'll make sure to order inserts, so hopefully I won't need to use disposables.

Eleanor *almost* rolled from her back to her front last night - I think she might have done it if she hadn't been chewing on her hand at the time!

DH got some HUGE news today. He's a playwright, and had applied for a pretty prestigious award at the Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis called the Jerome Fellowship. Five winners get $10,000, plus $1,000 to put on a production of the script they submitted for consideration. All the past winners have had their playwriting careers jump up a notch as a result of winning. This year there were about 100 applicants, 16 finalists, and 5 winners - and DH is one of them!!!! :: In the past it seems they've only picked people with an MFA (which DH does not have) and they definitely favor people from out of state (particularly New York and Ivy League colleges), so this is quite the victory for him since he has no formal theatrical training! His play is called Then Waves, and it's about a soldier who comes back from war with untreated PTSD; he becomes paranoid that his son isn't actually his son, and kills him. It sounds like a million other plays that have been written, but he's done some really interesting things with the language and how the play is structured. Now if I could just get into a PhD program, things would be just about perfect! :

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 AM

^ Wow! Congrats to your dh...that sounds fantastic!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 AM

have any of you heard of this swaddle blanket? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&redirect=true

My baby calms from swaddling.. or from babywearing... but my swaddle blankets are getting to small..... and I can't wear him all the time...

Old 01-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post
OMG!!! STRESS OUT THE WAZOO!

I seriously don't know how some people do it. I'm feeling like a complete and utter failure because I can't do what is expected of me. How on earth do you take care of and infant with a completely unruly toddler? My son is driving me crazy! I try to clean and he runs behind me and makes it worse than it originally was. He takes advantage of me being tied down when bfing or when the baby is tired and uses those times to do things he KNOWS he's not supposed to such as grab a permanent marker and write on walls. He screams at me, hides things from me, talks back (in gibberish), and just imply will NOT mind me. I've tried everything under the sun to get him to behave, but nothing works. I know he needs some attention, but I don't have the time. I probably would if he would stop doing what he's doing, but as it is he's just making things 10x's worse and I can't get him to just stop, even for 10 minutes. I get sooo stressed out that I can't do anything. I just bottom out & sit there. I know that I NEED to clean the house and wash the dishes but I can't seem to make myself. I do what's necessary such as feed the kids and take care of their needs, but beyond that... Nope. I just want to sleep... just sleep the days away. That's the only time I feel I'm at peace. I daydream about going to bed and just sleeping for hours on end.

I finally broke down yesterday on the phone while talking to my mom. I just sobbed and told her about all that I've been feeling. She's going to take my son for about a week to give me time to both de-stress and do what needs to get done around the house. She's going to try and help me find a daycare center for my son so that 1 or 2 days out of the week I can get a break. She said that she would take him for me if it wasn't for her living an hour away. She also said that I need to get out and away from the kids every now and then, but that's so hard because I have no friends that live closer than an hour away. I live 20 minutes out of town and am isolated in the country... just me & the kids. Half the time I don't even get to see my husband because he works the nights shifts and he sleeps all day long. I just feel so alone and stressed and I just want to stop feeling this way.

Ugh... sorry for the long vent. I've been needing to get that out.
honestly, this is the way it is at my house if im not getting ds out at least once a day to do something (even if its to teh food store or the post office or library).

our library is a great resource. they have 3 story time hours a week and have a craft project at each one. im not usually one for joining groups but i have recently joined a few groups and get out of hte house at least once a week for those and they are great. getting out of the house is the best thing i have done for ds3.

Zen is ds4 and i learned a long time ago that if you dont want them to have it, put it where they cant get to it. otherwise there are always those battles.

ive been reorganizing some stuff around the house and its been really stressful b/c when i organize one thing, the other things are complete chaos. having 2 young ones is not an easy task, thats for sure..but as others have said, dishes and laundry can wait...childhood can not.

i hope things get easier for you. i go between being totally understanding to wondering how im going to survive this! lol!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyowl View Post
DH got some HUGE news today. He's a playwright, and had applied for a pretty prestigious award at the Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis called the Jerome Fellowship. Five winners get $10,000, plus $1,000 to put on a production of the script they submitted for consideration. All the past winners have had their playwriting careers jump up a notch as a result of winning. This year there were about 100 applicants, 16 finalists, and 5 winners - and DH is one of them!!!! :: In the past it seems they've only picked people with an MFA (which DH does not have) and they definitely favor people from out of state (particularly New York and Ivy League colleges), so this is quite the victory for him since he has no formal theatrical training! His play is called Then Waves, and it's about a soldier who comes back from war with untreated PTSD; he becomes paranoid that his son isn't actually his son, and kills him. It sounds like a million other plays that have been written, but he's done some really interesting things with the language and how the play is structured. Now if I could just get into a PhD program, things would be just about perfect! :
Congrats!!! That's awesome:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post
have any of you heard of this swaddle blanket? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&redirect=true

My baby calms from swaddling.. or from babywearing... but my swaddle blankets are getting to small..... and I can't wear him all the time...
I saw it at a B&M store here in Portland and got the Aiden & Anais instead.

Pics of my swaddling process...

Sleep Sack Prior to Arm Swaddle

Arms Wrapped in Aiden & Anais folded into a thin "strip"
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 AM

CrabbyOwl: Wow! Congrats to your Dh!

NDFanatik: I don't have PPD but I can tell you that there are days that I just don't handle things as well as other days. Having three, three and under, is tough but things are also tough when you just have one (or two)! Adjustment is never easy for the Mama or the children. I hope things get easier for you. ***HUGS***

Last night was so cute! At 10:30pm when Dh and I went to bed, Charlotte was in her crib (she is in a crib in our walk in closet which we transformed into a nursery so she is close to us) laughing. She has just recently learned to laugh and I guess she was practicing it last night. It just made my heart soar to hear her laugh!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

crabby- whay great news!

nd- my pp was to tell you that you are not alone, but mt bouncing off the walls 5 y o needed attention @ the same time as the baby. ironic, huh? I too wish I could sleep the day away.

vent warning....
aam: I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have strep.I want to eat nothing & my throat resists swallowing. No fever that I can tell, altho couldn't get warm yesterday. dh really got on my nerves last nite-- he was peeved that I wasn't happy when he got home. I hadn't the energy to unload from costco from the day before, had a boobaholic wanting food (thanks for the term, orion!), had a dd who'd biffed it 20 min earlier on her training wheels on our gravel road, hadn't been able to sleep all day... and, had he felt like me, he'd have been in bed all day, not cooked or fed anyone anything, taken any walks or done any laundry. grrrrrr oh, and he would've driven to the video store to rent movies. Does he understand this? No.

this has been one heck of a long wonder week. Now I pray I'm the only one who gets this throat thing in my house.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM

just a quick post..
for those looking for a bigger swaddle blanket, couldt you use a flat sheet or your wrap carrier in the meantime?
I only wrap my ds' from shoulder to belly, leaving is legs free
anyway just a suggestion

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 01-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
vent warning....
aam'm crossing my fingers that I don't have strep.I want to eat nothing & my throat resists swallowing. No fever that I can tell, altho couldn't get warm yesterday. dh really got on my nerves last nite-- he was peeved that I wasn't happy when he got home. I hadn't the energy to unload from costco from the day before, had a boobaholic wanting food (thanks for the term, orion!), had a dd who'd biffed it 20 min earlier on her training wheels on our gravel road, hadn't been able to sleep all day... and, had he felt like me, he'd have been in bed all day, not cooked or fed anyone anything, taken any walks or done any laundry. grrrrrr oh, and he would've driven to the video store to rent movies. Does he understand this? No.
Kelli, I guess you didn't mean to insert an neg preg. test, huh? LOL. Seeing that reminded me I need an appt. soon for my Paraguard!

Sorry that you're feeling yucky. Take care of yourself, ok? Sounds like you could be working on an infection.

AAM: Can someone please tell Iris that her mama needs some sleep? Seriously. She screamed for an hour straight last night. Poor girl, we tried everything and nothing would soothe her. Finally, in one last ditch attempt, I swaddled her tight (for the 3rd time of the evening), gave her a paci, and then she fell out. She only slept for 4 hours then wanted to nurse until about 7. I'm going to an inservice at work next week on PURPLE crying so maybe I'll have more insight into this new phase. But I need more sleep...for real.

In other happier news...my dd1 slept in her bed last night on her own for the first time!: My bed didn't feel cramped for the first time in forever!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Just popping in to say that I am right with you guys on the frequent night waking thing. Last night the LO woke up 6 times and it's been like that for 4 days now...down from one or two wakings usually. He's also been super clingy and fussy during the day and only wants me. I also hope this wonder week is over with soon. I am getting really frustrated. Happily though, I just figured out how to get him to nap without me, so I feel like I have more free time and can actually write on here sometimes. I hate nak and usually just read.

Does anyone else seem to have a lot of death in their lives lately? I just found out this morning that one of my bf's from highschool died of cancer this week and I didn't even know she was sick. My cousin's husband is in the hospital with pneumonia and we are praying he is going to pull through (but it's not looking good and he's only 30). I gave one of my dogs to my mom about a month ago and she escaped the yard the next day and got hit by a car. The found her on the side of I-95, I think she was trying to get back here. A guy that worked where I used to work just died of cancer (after only knowing he had it for 3 weeks). And my landlord died a couple months ago (very unexpectedly of rocky mountain spotted fever.) It's uncanny and a little creepy. Sorry to be a downer.

Between finding out that my friend died and not getting any sleep last night I had a little breakdown on DH this morning....on his first day back to school. Not the best day.

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjess View Post
Does anyone else seem to have a lot of death in their lives lately? I just found out this morning that one of my bf's from highschool died of cancer this week and I didn't even know she was sick. My cousin's husband is in the hospital with pneumonia and we are praying he is going to pull through (but it's not looking good and he's only 30). I gave one of my dogs to my mom about a month ago and she escaped the yard the next day and got hit by a car. The found her on the side of I-95, I think she was trying to get back here. A guy that worked where I used to work just died of cancer (after only knowing he had it for 3 weeks). And my landlord died a couple months ago (very unexpectedly of rocky mountain spotted fever.) It's uncanny and a little creepy. Sorry to be a downer.
Don't be sorry Jess! That sounds like a lot to swallow. I hope your friend with pneumonia gets better and am so sorry about the deaths including your dog
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Jess. Sorry you're dealing with all of this now. We lost our pooch about a month ago so I know how hard that is. I'll be praying for your friend to pull through with pneumonia. It is okay to let your emotions out all you need to...with your dh and to us.

If you want to venture out to CH tomorrow we are having a LLL mtg...I'd love to meet you!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM

Yeah, big hug Jess.

I swaddle DS with my didy wrap a lot. His miracle blanket stays upstairs so when he gets overwhelmed around dinnertime he ends up swaddled with my wrap on the sofa with his sister.

User Tag List