Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jumping in here to add my .02 on CD's.

Cheapest: prefolds and covers.

http://www.little-lions.com/page3.html
Indian DSQ prefolds. They even have a seconds page for even cheaper.

You can check http://www.affordablediapers.com to see what they have available.

http://www.clothdiaper.com will have specials on Seconds prefolds. I bought my infant prefolds there for cheap.

Cheap covers would be the dappi nylon pull on pant, will need to pin or snappi.

Next would be prorap classic velcro diaper cover, no pins needed. http://www.prodiaper.net i think you can even get second quality from them too, even cheaper! call to ask.

My preferences:
I love fitteds and covers. Don't care too much for AIO's or pockets. In all the years I've been cding, the only AIO i really like is Mother ease brand. I found it to be a true aio, with no wicking at all (wicking means the urine seeps through a bit). Never been a pocket lover but I do have fuzzi bunz for when G is in large, they were given to me. I have used FB's with other kids and I just don't like to have to stuff them. I also have some little roos pockets (this mama I helped get started with cd years ago, so she gave me a couple when g was born), i do like them but again I'm not a stuffer.

What I'm using now:
Mostly Motherease Sandies (small 10 - 20 lbs), G is 17 lbs and they still fit great (great deal on these from diaperswappers.com). the rest of my stash is wahm made fitteds. Covers I have Motherease Air flow (always love ME Airflows, bulletproof for containment), Swaddlebees velcro and snap, 3 Bummis Super Whisper Wrap, 2 Thirsties v2 (from the outlet on hyenacart), 2 hand knit wool longies and 2 recycled wool sweater longies (i made these..woohoo), 1 wool soaker i made from same sweater.

Costs:
Prefolds are cheapest. Like I said earlier, I prefer wahm made fitteds. Depending on your fabric choice you can still buy them under $10. Flannel is cheapest. I like velours, hemp, sherpa and bamboo (very pricey). Buying used is another option. Also you can resell your smaller stash when upsizing. Helps with costs. Most used diapers in good condition can have a very good resell value, same with covers.

If you have anymore questions just ask away! I have 4 cloth diapered booties under my belt and working on number five...lol!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
ETA: My LMP was a year ago today! This is the day that Bryson's gestation was dated from last year. It's really strange to be getting to the point where we were pregnant "only a year ago"!
Ooooh! I forgot to add, mine was Sunday. I thought for sure AF was on her way. I had spotting on Saturday. Well nothing has happened since. so I don't know what that was. Weird!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:12 PM

All this talk of CDing is making me guilty. We live in an apartment and do not have a washing machine on-site. We thought we would try G Diapers. G Diapers are cloth outers with disposable liners. Technically, you can flush the liner which would create less waste. However, our pluming is pretty bad, so we couldn't flush them. So we ended up not only creating trash with the liners, but also doing extra laundry to wash the diapers when they would get soiled from explosions. So we gave up on that and now are going with disposables. I hope to be able to use CD someday. If anyone has any ideas for our situation, I'd love to hear.
I think G Diapers would be great if you have decent pluming and have a washing machine with an energy efficient setting.
http://www.gdiapers.com/
Old 01-14-2009, 04:15 PM

^Aww, don't feel guilty. We use 'sposies. I think you have to do what works for your situation, and your situation would make it really hard/impossible to CD. So don't feel bad!

I saw those G Diapers at BRU, and almost picked them up. How did they work when you did use them?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemamma View Post
All this talk of CDing is making me guilty. We live in an apartment and do not have a washing machine on-site. We thought we would try G Diapers. G Diapers are cloth outers with disposable liners. Technically, you can flush the liner which would create less waste. However, our pluming is pretty bad, so we couldn't flush them. So we ended up not only creating trash with the liners, but also doing extra laundry to wash the diapers when they would get soiled from explosions. So we gave up on that and now are going with disposables. I hope to be able to use CD someday. If anyone has any ideas for our situation, I'd love to hear.
I think G Diapers would be great if you have decent pluming and have a washing machine with an energy efficient setting.
http://www.gdiapers.com/
Please, please don't feel guilty! If I didn't have a laundry setup in my own home, I wouldn't even consider cloth diapering (at least not washing my own). Maybe a service, but then again maybe not because I'd still have to wash the covers.

Carrie-Did you put in your notice?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM

^ I'm going to wait till after my supervisor gets back from Vegas. Thanks for thinking of me!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-14-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
^ I'm going to wait till after my supervisor gets back from Vegas. Thanks for thinking of me!
*Gasp* Notice!? Are you quitting your j.o.b.?

I know I haven't been on the weekly chats but things have been so busy. I do read some and I read a couple pages on this one.

I have a 23 month old that is trying to learn to use the potty and a high needs 4 year old. Plus Annie...so I'm really not sure why I don't have time on my hands.

Plus we moved 900 miles not even two months ago. Now that we are in a place with some outdoor activity DH wants to go mountain biking on the spur of the moment all the time. He left last night at 5:30 for a night ride. I asked him to at least get dinner started and he was fumbling everything in the kitchen so I told him to just do what he needed to do and I'd handle everything. It's not like I don't do it all day anyway. (everything was in happy tones...no tension.)

I just thinks it's funny how when I'm going to be gone for a mealtime I always have everything (pause....where's the smiley for soaking up pee from our toddlers?) ....ready for him to put together real quick. Ah well, I guess that's why he loves me.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:17 PM

I also wanted to say this:

Don't you think it's so crazy that we are already talking about teething! My goodness! Didn't we just have these babies!?

Annie is teething for sure. All of my kids have gotten teeth early. I remember with Jaden, my first DD, we thought she was teething at 3 months and our midwives told us no, that was impossible. Right at 5 months she popped her first tooth and never stopped teething for about 12 months. Her teeth would come right after another.

I can't wait to see some first tooth photos. I think babies are so cute with those little tiny teeth.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 PM

DH's response to CD'ing.....

"You can't keep up with the laundry we have and this will only add more. It's more trouble than it's worth."

Great....so I screwed myself here. I'll admit I'm not a great housekeeper. Laundry does fall by the wayside because I choose to keep our living spaces kept first. I always make sure we have clothes to wear and Ally's laundry is always kept up and put away. I'm just terrible about folding our clothes and putting them away and DH refuses to dig through laundry baskets to get what he wants. It's totally my fault if he won't agree to this because I've not been as good of a "house wife" as I could be. :

CARRIE!!! I didn't know you were quitting! Hooray! I'm so excited for you! Oh how I love staying home with my little love. It gets frustrating because there are pretty much no breaks but it's SO worth it.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
CARRIE!!! I didn't know you were quitting! Hooray! I'm so excited for you! Oh how I love staying home with my little love. It gets frustrating because there are pretty much no breaks but it's SO worth it.
I cannot stand being away from my little guy for the five hours a day that I have to work and Lars Oskar is with my husband. You guys are really lucky you are in a situation where staying at home is financially feasible.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
DH's response to CD'ing.....

"You can't keep up with the laundry we have and this will only add more. It's more trouble than it's worth."

Great....so I screwed myself here. I'll admit I'm not a great housekeeper. Laundry does fall by the wayside because I choose to keep our living spaces kept first. I always make sure we have clothes to wear and Ally's laundry is always kept up and put away. I'm just terrible about folding our clothes and putting them away and DH refuses to dig through laundry baskets to get what he wants. It's totally my fault if he won't agree to this because I've not been as good of a "house wife" as I could be. :

I always noticed this in your belly pics. (the laundry I mean.)

Sometimes I wonder why I CD. I feel like I'm up against so much just with parenting that I go and throw in one more thing to do on a daily basis.....pfff! That's me though, I really love to make things difficult.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that was the plan all along. I'm still going to have to work part time though, so it's not a complete SAHM thing. I just cannot keep doing this M-F 9-5!!! Argh, I was near tears this morning dropping Nora off! I turned around as I was leaving and she had this look in her face, like, "Ma?? Where you goin's?" Ugh. Killed me.

I can't stand laundry either. It's either in the basket (folded) or still in the dryer. In the morning one of us runs down to the freezing cold laundry in the basement to get the other something to wear for the day!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I always noticed this in your belly pics. (the laundry I mean.)

Sometimes I wonder why I CD. I feel like I'm up against so much just with parenting that I go and throw in one more thing to do on a daily basis.....pfff! That's me though, I really love to make things difficult.
haha! yep! it's always clean....just rarely folded and put away. so guess what i'm doing right now??....laundry! cleaning, folding, and putting away. i'm so frustrated with ryan judging how well i do my "job" and when i'm mad, i clean.....and he knows that. hopefully he'll be shocked when he gets home. unfortunately, my mil was the perfect sahm....house spotless, well-behaved kids, laundry ALWAYS done, beds made, etc, etc. ugh. sure makes it hard for me to live up to his expectations when i'm up against perfection.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
haha! yep! it's always clean....just rarely folded and put away. so guess what i'm doing right now??....laundry! cleaning, folding, and putting away. i'm so frustrated with ryan judging how well i do my "job" and when i'm mad, i clean.....and he knows that. hopefully he'll be shocked when he gets home. unfortunately, my mil was the perfect sahm....house spotless, well-behaved kids, laundry ALWAYS done, beds made, etc, etc. ugh. sure makes it hard for me to live up to his expectations when i'm up against perfection.
I bet she wasn't as hot as you though! You can't have your cake and eat it too!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 PM

^Ha! Actually, she bounced right back to her tiny self... :....without working out....: She's still only like a size 6. Sheesh. She's like Mary Frickin' Poppins...practically perfect in every way! :
Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 PM

All this talk of laundry is making me happy that we can use CDs. ha
Carrie - congrats on leaving your job. Sounds great! Your LO will be so happy too!
Oh yeah, G Diapers worked okay for us. I found that they didn't really hold for the explosive episodes - but I guess not too much does. I still think they are good idea and a nice midway between disposables and CDs.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Confession- I only cloth diaper because it's the "right" thing to do. I freaking hate washing diapers and I'd be endlessly happy if I never had to look at a cloth diaper again. 7th gen are my favorite. I will NOT be buying the next size up.

And I was wrong... he isn't outgrowing his diapers. It was the huggalugs.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Hang in there, Changed!

About the teething - I can't believe it either! Last night my LO was so upset and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Normally, she really only cries when there is something going on - hungry, wet, gas... She kept trying to put her whole hand in her mouth and she's been drooling alot. I'm the slowest to pick up cues, but I woke up this morning thinking, "duh, she's teething." I think I just didn't think of it b/c I didn't expect that she would be teething already. Wow! I thought I would get a little reprieve before her teeth started coming in. Ugh...
Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM

I don't mind washing diapers... since I pretty much just 'dump' them in there (with soap and baking soda.. and what not ya know ). But having 'stop' and spray out (at least I have a sprayer!!) poopy diapers is annoying.. especially toddler ones... bleh. But I am at the same time grateful that those icky toddler poos don't stay in my trash can .. I can just flush them away !

Ummmmm Tara I totally totally totally.. think it's okay to not be a perfect housewife.. don't even try!! Be the best Mom you can be... and as the old saying goes 'My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy' (my Grandma had that on her wall LOL!). I have had to re-adjust my idea of a clean house each time we've added a kid to our home (majorily the first time!! after having been a stay at home wife befoer kids).

I remember my DH was soooooooo dissappointed when our first was 6 weeks old and I couldn't handle 'everything' yet (Ughhhhhh). Rather then freak out on him, I started asking all my friends about it... and they ALL told me it was normal.. and that we had to find a 'new normal' that though I would be able to pick up a lot of it as time went on.. probably would never be the same clean/kept up as it was pre-kids ya know?

I used to almost always fold, hang up, and put away laundry after it was washed and/or as it was washing. Now I'm so happy if I just get it cleaned, and if the clean basket happens to get upstairs that's great too LOL! Once a week or sometimes once every two weeks I sit down and sort/fold/hang up all the clothes (and pat myself on the back LOL).

We run a load of diapers about every 1.5-2 days around here (with 2 kids in diapers full-time and one kid in diapers at night only), hardly seems like work at all, saves us a lot of money, and saves us the headache of realizes 'oh no we just ran out of diapers.. we've got to go to the store' LOL... now we just throw them in the wash .

I've heard a lot of Moms who were the 'perfect' sort... who later admitted wishing they'd left the dishes undone.. or the clothes dirty a little longer.. and stopped to play with, cuddle, care for their little ones more. These 'little' days go soooo fast.

AAM I don't know about Tara but I had a great time at our LLL meeting this morning, it was sooooo great to get out and be with other Moms again!! Oh and Tara.. though I didn't say anything at the time (too many other topics going around the room LOL).. you witnessed my first successful time of nursing in a Mei Tai ! I'd never had the nerve to try it before.. I think if my nursing shirt was a bit bigger/better made it could have been reasonably discreet too (but oh well.. everyone else was flashing their boobs when they fed their little ones too LOL).

I ended up feeding Samuel again in the Mei Tai after we got home, so that I could eat lunch while he nursed.. gave me one hand free at least .

*Yawn* I sure wish my 4 yr old would take a nap today.. I got the two little ones down, and the baby woke a lot to nurse in the night (I ended up spending the majority of the night on the couch/recliner again last night).

It was fun to see how much Samuel and Ally Rae had grown, Ally Rae is actually pretty close in size to Samuel, I think they are within like a 1.5lbs or so, and maybe a inch or so diff in height . She's a cutie! Tara looks awesome of course... our sweet fitness Mama .

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Yeah Fitness Mama (aka Tara)

I wanted to ask you something. I started a CrossFit program...are you familiar with that? Well, I love it! I don't have a scale though and I've been doing this for 3 weeks now and I really don't see any results. I'd like to see if there are any results from the scale...even something small.

Anyway, what do you eat? I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories so that my milk is fatty enough but I don't count calories and I won't. But, when I get back from working out I'm ravenously hungry. I have been even more hungry even on the days I don't work out...I think it's a growth spurt from Annie.

P.S. I hate squats!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Tara, give this to your DH:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

My MIL made TONS of comments about how I'm not the best housekeeper (this was when I was working 70+ hours a week while DH was out of work AND not looking AND not cleaning the house...), and after we had DS, my mom sent that little poem to me. Some days, I seriously let my house go to he!! in a handbasket. Mady won't be this tiny and needy forever, so I'm just going to enjoy it.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM

nak

rae, ita! with everything! the funny thing is, our house is no messier and laundry isn't neglected anymore than it was pre-ally rae! i'm totally one of those people that would rather ignore some housework and enjoy every min of my baby's life and give her all the attention i possibly can. my mom gave me one piece of advice before ally was born and that was exactly what you said about "my house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." she said her mom spent every min of every day cleaning and doing housewife stuff and she swore she'd never be like that because you miss so much! it's just not that important. ryan has always had an issue with my housekeeping habits so this isn't new to him. i'm not sure why now is when he chose to start bugging me about it. sheesh. he said we'd talk about cd'ing and the laundry tonight but i'm not sure i want to because i'm tired of the men in my life "telling" me i'm not good enough (both of my dad's are very conditional and judgemental...nothing is good enough). i know my faults...i don't need to be reminded. i just want to do what i know is best and it'd actually be a great motivator to get the laundry done.

i think the big issue here is ryan and i don't agree on the value and benefits behind "natural" parenting. he's all for the natural stuff that doesn't disrupt his normal life or he has hard facts about. it's hard for me because i don't really even question the crunchy side of life....i just "know" it's right....it makes sense w/o explanation.

rae! i didn't know that was the first nursing in the carrier! congrats! i would've been screaming it from the rafters! i just can't get ally and myself comfy in the wrap to nurse...i carry her too high and tight.

i did have a great time at the LLL meeting today. i really liked having it in a home. much less chaotic i thought. it's always nice to get out of the house and be around like-minded people. it's refreshing when so many people question your parenting choices.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Yeah Fitness Mama (aka Tara)

I wanted to ask you something. I started a CrossFit program...are you familiar with that? Well, I love it! I don't have a scale though and I've been doing this for 3 weeks now and I really don't see any results. I'd like to see if there are any results from the scale...even something small.

Anyway, what do you eat? I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories so that my milk is fatty enough but I don't count calories and I won't. But, when I get back from working out I'm ravenously hungry. I have been even more hungry even on the days I don't work out...I think it's a growth spurt from Annie.

P.S. I hate squats!
i'm not familiar with that. usually you'll see a change in something by 5-6 wks. that change could be the number on the scale, the number on your jeans tag, how your jeans fit, or how easily you can do the same workout. all are great changes.

my food choices are pretty limited because ally can't handle dairy, eggs, or peanuts and i'm a super picky eater. i eat a lot of healthy choice steamer meals (chicken margherita). i do kashi cereal with soy milk or kashi blueberry waffles for breakfast and/or snack. i have natural juices when i take my supplements. i do a lot of fruit. ryan does all our dinners. usually fish, chicken, or steak with potatos. we do turkey chili or spaghetti too. i do a lot of "grazing". i don't really care for full meals. i get full too quickly. i drink a ton of water too. i usually have sweets of some kind in the evening. golden oreos right now. haha!

eat carbs before your workout and protein after. this will fuel your body during and help the muscles recoop after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
Tara, give this to your DH:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

My MIL made TONS of comments about how I'm not the best housekeeper (this was when I was working 70+ hours a week while DH was out of work AND not looking AND not cleaning the house...), and after we had DS, my mom sent that little poem to me. Some days, I seriously let my house go to he!! in a handbasket. Mady won't be this tiny and needy forever, so I'm just going to enjoy it.
beautiful....it's got me in tears. i should cross stitch that and hang it.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 PM

That's funny Jmarie... I just posted that poem on my 'wall' (FB) yesterday .. it hangs in our nursery !!!!

Tara I haven't been able to nurse in a wrap properly yet either.. sigh I love love love them to carry baby and for baby to sleep.. but can't figure out how to loosen/tie it for baby to nurse in them yet. Maybe one of these days I'll get it lol. Part of the problem is that Samuel 'must' (according to him) have his head free without something pushing/holding it down.. and most 'nursing holds' I've seen have the babies head covered/tightly pulled in to mama. I often do what you did today and just take baby out while leaving the wrap on and nurse baby.. lol

Quote:
i think the big issue here is ryan and i don't agree on the value and benefits behind "natural" parenting.
I have to agree Tara.... that does rather sound like the 'real issue' ..... sigh sorry he hasn't really 'got it' yet.

Also if you'd like to look at 'one more' diapering cost/comparision chart check this one out: http://diapering.wallypop.net/infocostcomparison.html

AAM OH wow.... there is a 4 yr old asleep on my couch !!!

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 PM

How disappointing Tara! I am sorry you are having to "sell him" on CD-ing. That doesn't seem quite right to me. Maybe you can make the case that since you are the one who is doing the bulk of the work related to Ally and the house itself, he should trust your judgment and what you have researched.
If he is so worried about laundry, do wool covers (they aren't machine washable, the lanolin is self-cleaning and antimicrobial with any pee...just needs to air dry for a few hours before wearing again and only need to be handwashed when there is a poop that gets through) and prefolds (minimal fuss/space in a washing machine load and don't need much when folding/putting away).
You are right...it DOES make sense. It is better for her health, will save y'all money in the long run and she will potty train sooner and yes, it is better for the planet. I would be frustrated if I had to get permission to cloth diaper. Sending you some good mojo so that it will work out...:
The MIL perfection thing would drive me batty. ((hugs))

Peacemamma: You are in LA I see. You should use Dy-Dee Diaper Service like me. They have been around since the 30's and are wonderful.
We also live in an old building with only one washer and knew that we wanted to CD so we sought out a service. We use wool covers and those are hand wash only every couple of weeks. All very easy peasy.
Which part of town are you in?

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 PM

I looked at that link Rae, and it's great! I'll def pass it on to DH if he's open to hearing my reasons for CD'ing.

Thanks for the well-wishes OrchideZ! I'll carry them with me...hopefully they'd radiate out of me when I try to educate DH and he'll just suddenly "get it"!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 AM

Hey OrchideZ! Glad to see another LA mama! I'm in Culver City. Where are you? I'll definitely look into Dy-Dee Diaper Service.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 AM

I'd be very upset if my dh said something like that to me, Tara Or if I had to ask his permission for something I'd be taking care of anyway. You do plenty, from the sounds of it, maybe he could pick up and help with the laundry if it's that big of a deal to him. I'm lucky in that my dh will help around the house, everything from laundry to dishes. He doesn't do a ton, but he helps, especially when I need a hand. My laundry gets fold, but RARELY put away. We pick out of baskets (which ends up unfolding somethings ), I don't have time for all of that putting it away. If I have some extra time, am mad (I clean like crazy when mad, too!), or feel like putting things in order then I'll put it all away, by then it's usually like 3-4 baskets worth, haha.

My dh wasn't too keen on the idea of cd'ing.. so while he was out to sea when ds was a baby, I bought them and started, so he had no say, haha. He came home, and never made a peep about it, I think he knew he didn't have a say so why bother complaining

I'm a prefolds and cover kind of girl for less-mobile babies, and pockets stuffed with a trifolded prefold for mobile ones. I have some fitteds & AIOs, but prefer prefolds & covers and pockets. I have a few FBs, some home-made fattycakes & some other free pocket patterns floating around the net, the fattycakes are my favorite though. I have some DDU pockets for Ainsley that I like so far as well. I love my BSWW for ds as far as covers go, and the rest are mama-made: fattycakes, DDU, & my own pattern.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 AM

DH does help around the house some. He takes care of everything having to do with the kitchen for the most part. He does all the cooking and cleans the kitchen if he gets home before 8pm. I don't generally put much effort into the kitchen because I know he does it. He promised me when we got married that he'd do the kitchen if he never had to do laundry again (he HATES doing laundry and use to do it once a month as a bachelor). Fine by me! BUT....you don't get to complain if I don't do laundry like you want! I don't complain about how you put the tupperware away (which is all wrong...) or that you don't clean up the kitchen the same night as the meal that made a mess was cooked!

Thanks for the support ladies. It does help to at least know that I'm not crazy here in what I'm asking for. I wouldn't ask permission at all if it weren't such an investment all at once. I'd just do it if it cost $15 a pop once a week like sposies. He wouldn't blink an eye. A general rule for us is if it's going to cost $100 or more all at once, we talk first. Especially now that I'm not working (aka, not bringing in any income), I have NO idea where our finances stand and I don't want to hear it from him if I spend too much. He rarely tells me no when it comes to spending money so it's much easier to ask on the front end than to ask forgiveness after he gets upset if I spend too much.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
i should cross stitch that and hang it.
Here you go!

http://www.goldingcraft.com/1073119.htm

User Tag List