Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post
Oh wow..... that is Quite a work-out!

I don't do nearly that much at a time !

Hi Changed!!
That is not our everyday workout...I think we do that just every 3-4 weeks but a lot of the others are challenging, even for expertienced athletes.
#122 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
That is not our everyday workout...I think we do that just every 3-4 weeks but a lot of the others are challenging, even for expertienced athletes.
I have an admission to make... some of your abbreviations I don't even know what they stand for lol!!!

I do push-ups (12), sit-ups (22), leg lifts (20 for each individual leg, 10-12 for both legs together), belly button to spine (5 mins or so of them), and kegels (don't know how many) .

And so far I only manage to do these a few times a week.... can't seem to get a more regular routine going as yet. Though one night this week when the baby wouldn't go to sleep I went up and down our stairway a whole bunch of times in a row.. that was a good workout!

ETA: But I am not... have never been.... and likely will never be an athlete

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#123 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Rae...you're funny.

the p/u is pull-ups. I don't know what other abbrev. I made but I only made them b/c I'm typing one-handed.

They actually weren't squats either...they were 45 pound thrusters. All I could think was that I had to squat. : One of my weaknesses b/c of flexibility and I haven't exercised my legs much in the last couple of years.
#124 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM

aha.... so it's not some fancy athelete exercise .... oh well.... your typing one handed.. and I'm so sleep deprived I couldn't figure it out LOL!

DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#125 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM

So tired that I've forgotten everything I was going to reply to here. Sigh...

Hugs to everyone with sleep issues, teething issues, and DH issues...

Continue to keep me on the sleep issues list.... by the time I convince this girly to sleep soundly without my nipple, the alarm goes off to get ds ready for school.

Jenn, very cool that you got to donate your milk. I'm in awe, you (and your boobs) rock! sup

Carrie, wtg on the 5k.... I'm impressed! And more painfully aware that I have slacked on my working out...

I did get lucky, Elina slept for a 2 1/2 hour span today, I got so much done in that time! Completely caught up on laundry, got all the Christmas decorations put up in the attic, vacuumed, played with ds, cleaned the exersaucer I got at a garage sale, started cleaning out our back porch... I felt like a normal person again, it's been difficult to get anything done lately because she's been waking herself up every 30-45 minutes.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#126 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Oh, just a little add-on - it seems like all I talk about here lately is trouble due to Elina's icky sleep, so I just wanted to say that she really is a joy other than that, I'm just sleep obsessed since I don't get any.

#127 of 140 Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Annie never sleeps....just like Amber....someone stole my little Annie and left me a little booger. I can't even lay her down, she's awake just minutes later and I can't ever set her down without her crying. This is so hard with 2 other kids that want and need my attention too.
#128 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
I don't like posting from my phone, so keeping it brief. I just got an email that there is a 50 off sale on everything at luckychild.com. The discount code seems to be "BIGSALE" -but the email looks weird on my phone, so I'll double check. They have Ashley's wrap we were admiring on Facebook if anyone wants to copycat her.
You bad, bad girl! Looks like they were low on lots of stuff. I did manage to score some Kicky Pants coveralls though...cheap! Thanks for the tip, Cat!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#129 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
OMG she's GOT to be teething!!! When did the elves take my baby and leave a changeling?!? Cranky, refusing to fall asleep, gumming everything non-stop... even that homeopathic I posted about isn't helping anymore. Poor baby. And she was up every. single. hour last night from 3 am on. Poor Momma.

Ok, end whine.
have you tried a teething necklace? i bought one for my ds3 and rarely had issues with teething (he did get a *little* cranky when his big molars came through but nothing like ds1 and ds2).
#130 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Ugh... I'm so bummed. We've figured out that B has a suede cloth sensitivity. Doesn't it just figure that I found a diaper we all love using, bought like 30 of them and THEN found out that they're what has been causing his rash?

If anyone is interested they're on the TP here too.

And you know what? I hate messing with diaperswappers. I bought these all brand new to avoid it!

I haven't decided if we'll just go back to prefolds or give up all together. This sucks.

In other news, I'm still doing fairly well on weight watchers. I feel like I'm starting to look like myself again. I'm in the middle of sewing a great wrap skirt for summer.
#131 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Just a 'sale' run by notice... motherwear.com is having some awesome sales/clearances on their winter nursing clothes !

#132 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It seems like we all have fussy babies on our hands. Definitely teething time. I wonder who will be the next to pop a tooth...Congrats to Carrie...it seems like Nora's first tooth didn't cause too much grief.
That's b/c...it isn't a tooth. I feel kind of dumb, but I took Nora to the ped last night for her 3 month WB. Well, the ped saw what I saw poking through and said she sees them often - and lots of 1st time parents think it's a tooth - but it's actually some kind of a cyst. It's hard, white and jutting through her gum, but it isn't a tooth. Oh well! I thought it was REALLY early for her to be cutting teeth anyway. So, I'm kind of embarrassed that I thought it was a tooth, but I chalk it up to never having seen a baby cut a tooth before.

But she is definitely teething. The ped says she sees buds in there ready to come through in another month or so. Yay for fussy babies!

Oh - and she weighs 15 lbs 15 oz and is 26 inches long! My little chunker! 95th percentile, w00t!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#133 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
That's b/c...it isn't a tooth. I feel kind of dumb, but I took Nora to the ped last night for her 3 month WB. Well, the ped saw what I saw poking through and said she sees them often - and lots of 1st time parents think it's a tooth - but it's actually some kind of a cyst. It's hard, white and jutting through her gum, but it isn't a tooth. Oh well! I thought it was REALLY early for her to be cutting teeth anyway. So, I'm kind of embarrassed that I thought it was a tooth, but I chalk it up to never having seen a baby cut a tooth before.

But she is definitely teething. The ped says she sees buds in there ready to come through in another month or so. Yay for fussy babies!

Oh - and she weighs 15 lbs 15 oz and is 26 inches long! My little chunker! 95th percentile, w00t!
What did the ped say about the cyst? Annie has those too, right where her pointy teeth would be...I forget the name of them.

When she cuts a tooth through the gums you'll be able to run your finger over her gums and feel the sharp tooth I've been able to see teeth through the gums b4 they cut but they've also receded back down and didn't come back up for awhile.

"It's kind of like w/ birth....the baby;s head comes down a bit and goes back up slightly only to come down a little farther the next push.
#134 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM

I had the BUSIEST day yesterday, but I wanted to tell you guys that I DID tell DH about dropping Ella. He was upset, but not as bad as I thought he would be. It helps that his mom admits to dropping him SEVERAL times when he was a baby! She actually went to the ped and asked what to do because he kept rolling off the counter...he was like, "Put that kid on the floor!" She didn't want him to get dirty

Anyway, I babysat an 11 MO yesterday, so I had a 3 MO and an 11 MO to take care of...it wasn't bad! By the end of the day, though, I had officially become a tandem babywearer AND a tandem nurser! I had Ella wrapped up in my Storch and Beckett on my back in a Beco...and I walked with them to nap for almost 2 hours! Whew! And Beckett wouldn't take his bottles (we think b/c his mom and I look SO similar--we get asked if we're sisters all the time), so I ended up nursing him after Ella each time. Weird, but kinda cool!
#135 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Just a quick note to say that I wasted my entire morning to myself (DH at work, DS at school, DD napping) going through our ENTIRE belly pictures thread. : I cannot believe it's been almost a year since the first of those posts. Everyone had such beautiful baby bellies....

#136 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 04:58 PM

freedack - that is so cool! I have a friend that looks a lot like me and if I would've ever left my LO with her long enough for them to need it she would have nursed them also. That's really special...I'm glad you guys have that friendship.
#137 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
Just a quick note to say that I wasted my entire morning to myself (DH at work, DS at school, DD napping) going through our ENTIRE belly pictures thread. : I cannot believe it's been almost a year since the first of those posts. Everyone had such beautiful baby bellies....
This gives me the feeling of sadness that I won't ever have pregnant belly again. I know I've said something like this before but there is just nothing like the excitement of find out that you are pregnant, growing the baby inside and waiting in anticipation to meet your LO. I'm so sad that it's over for me.
#138 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Janasmama - we should definitely try to hook up! Guess we'll see when it gets closer whats going on...

Carrie - I want to know about those cysts too!! What did your ped say? I found some where Addie's bottom canines would be and assumed they must be teeth, but they sound exactly like what Nora's got.

Freedak - remember when I said I was just waiting to hurt Addie? Well I did the other day. We have some bookshelves that hang right behind the changing table and I wasn't being careful and she rolled out of my hand as I was laying her down and smacked her head on the edge of them. She had a red mark and was crying scared, but calmed down as soon as I whisked her back up. I felt sooooo bad, but remembered everyone's comments on here so got over it when it was obvious she wasn't really hurt.

PW - I've been thinking about an amber teething necklace. Can't hurt, can only help, right? That's what I like about the homeopathics, if I'm way off base it won't do anything.

Jenn - I'd use tylenol if I was sure it was teeth, but I'm just not and don't want to dose her up and be wrong.

AAM: Well yesterday was loooooong. Not a whole lot of sleep outa Addie unless my boob was in her mouth the whole time, so I ended up chucking the to-to list and just sat there with my boob in her mouth. Not great when I've got assignments due. She was pretty cranky whenever she was awake and gumming non-stop. Today is another story. She's been asleep, waking to nurse then going right back to sleep all morning! But am I doing those assignments.... noooo!

It's Dh's 30th B-day today!! Whenever the little bug wakes up I'm going to go get him a gift card at his favorite coffee shop. Tonight a bunch of us are going out to dinner and then I'm doing homework till Addie's bedtime and after that the boys are going drinking.

Ah, I hear the little stinker now!! Gotta go!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#139 of 140 Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This gives me the feeling of sadness that I won't ever have pregnant belly again. I know I've said something like this before but there is just nothing like the excitement of find out that you are pregnant, growing the baby inside and waiting in anticipation to meet your LO. I'm so sad that it's over for me.
Carrie. This is *exactly* how I feel now, too.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#140 of 140 Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 AM

: Except since DH and I haven't had any operations to prevent it, I hold out the hope for just one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
I had the BUSIEST day yesterday, but I wanted to tell you guys that I DID tell DH about dropping Ella. He was upset, but not as bad as I thought he would be. It helps that his mom admits to dropping him SEVERAL times when he was a baby! She actually went to the ped and asked what to do because he kept rolling off the counter...he was like, "Put that kid on the floor!" She didn't want him to get dirty
There's something about this that just struck me as funny-- not that your DH was dropped several times, but the "rolling off the counter " part. It also reminded me that I was terrified the first time DD fell off the bed b/c my mom said that her chiro told her (when I was an infant) that he'd have to report her to CPS b/c I'd rolled off the changing table. The woman is gullible, but I didn't get the impression that she'd known he was joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
It's Dh's 30th B-day today!! Whenever the little bug wakes up I'm going to go get him a gift card at his favorite coffee shop.
Em- that's what I call my DD too!

AAM: My DH came home at 1:30 from work today, played with the kids and I got to putter in the kitchen, indulge in a half glass of wine, make a fabulous salad and a couple of pizzas, and I feel human again! Bryson didn't cry all afternoon. Peace has returned to my house, and we had a wonderful family day. Thanks for all of your righteous indignation on my behalf, ladies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page