Weekly Chit Chat 1/24 - 1/30 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
I am so overwhelmed by it. All those applications and such get out of control and I end up not even going to the site because of that.
I don't add too many applications. They are just there for fun. You don't have to have them to participate, or keep in touch. Seriously, give it another go! It's fun to keep in touch with everyone that way! And I love seeing all the photos!

:: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TARA! : :

I, too, think having a baby is like having your heart on the outside! Such a beautiful phrase and concept.

Enjoy your day, Tara! And don't feel like you "should" be leaving Ally Rae or something. If you aren't sure she's ready, don't do it.

This is probably my last chit-chat post as well. Wow, what a journey. I know it's been said, but I will really miss this DDC spot on MDC. I know we'll stay in touch but it won't be in our own little corner -- it feels so public out on LWAB!

Talk to you all soon!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#92 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Ah, the DDC is still open. I will post in here til its closed.

Happy birthday Tara!!!: I hope your day is a lovely one!

With FB, I ignore most apps and just read what people write and update my status and do photos. :

Jenn: a Katya! How pretty...
You will be fine with a 6 from what I can see and read. Here:
http://www.birdiesroom.com/DIDYMOS_sizing.aspx
I can't wait to see pictures. When do you get it?

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#93 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 PM

Jenn/Mamanurse I am 5' 10" and 170 lbs or so (size 16) and I can tie the FWCC with a size six, not a whole lot of extra length left but it works quite well still . I think you'll be just fine in a six!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#94 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Happy Birthday Tara!!!!

On FB - I too ignore anything that doesn't interest me. Like I did the "25 Things" b/c I thought that was cool. I haven't really done much of anything else though. I just like being able to see people's pics and stutuses (statusi?)

A really good friend of mine just announced she's getting married and they are TTC! : I'm not that big a fan of the dude, but I've only met him once and if she's happy, I'm happy. Yay for more babies!! She lives about 3.5 hrs away, so we won't be able to see each other that much more, but I love having friends having babies b/c I know Addie will have lots of playmates. That, and the friends without babies just don't get it, yk?

Awww, I'm gonna miss this place SO much! It's been the spot I go to first, even before checking my email most times!! You are all such lovey women and amazing Momma's and I feel honored to have met and gotten to know you and THANK YOU all so much for the support of this board! This DDC closing is definitely bittersweet b/c it means our childbearing year is over. :

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#95 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM

Happy birthday Tara!!

Not much going on so far today. I work from home doing online tutoring two evenings a week, and since DH is going to be gone tonight one of our friends is going to come over and help with Eleanor while I work. When she was younger I could manage both her and work on my own, but she's too active for that now. I like the job, but since having a baby it's really stressful having to do it while being home with her but not being able to take care of her. I'd almost prefer to work outside the home, just so I'd be able to focus only on that. Maybe one of these nights I'll go work at the library and see how that goes.

Eleanor is definitely trying to sit herself up.

The saddest sound in the world is when she wakes up crying from a nap. :

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#96 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM

I don't think our DDC has been this busy in weeks! Kind of funny that once you know something is going to be gone we just can't get enough.
#97 of 110 Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Oh...I didn't forget your birthday Tara...

Happy Birthday!
#98 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 AM

Haha! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! DH got home at about 6:15 (hooray for early!) and we went to dinner at Longhorn and that was nice. I ordered my fave dessert there (Caramel Apple Goldrush) but the server came back and said they'd all been burnt that day. BUMMER! He found one that wasn't bad though and didn't even charge us for it. Ally finally went to sleep nursing when I was halfway done eating. Ryan and Ally Rae got me princess cut diamond solitaire earrings. So gorgeous! My Mom got me my Zolo and it's on it's way!! She also got me a $50 gift card for Amazon : My MIL sent me $100 and I got cash from DH's Grandma's too. That's all going toward a great camera I've had my eye on. I'm anxious to get my RS so I can learn to nurse in it! Rae, I may call you and just come over for a tutorial since you've got that all figured out. So, a good day overall.

Guess I'll just keep posting here too since we're still unlocked! :
#99 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM

I'm glad to hear you had a nice time celebrating your b-day, Tara!! So glad you were born, mama!: Sounds like you made off pretty good in the gift department!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#100 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 12:39 AM

Awww that sounds so nice Tara!:
What style of Zolo did you get? I love mine. You will have to post pix on FB when you get it or on the LWAB thread.
I am making an Indian dinner right now so gotta go stir...daal curry, rice, raita and garlic naan. Am super hungry after yoga and a looooong nap!
I will upload a cute pic of Jasper and his yoga baby girlfriend in a bit here...too sweet.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#101 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideZ View Post
Jenn: a Katya! How pretty...
You will be fine with a 6 from what I can see and read. Here:
http://www.birdiesroom.com/DIDYMOS_sizing.aspx
I can't wait to see pictures. When do you get it?
My birthday is March 19, so we'll see when Oma sends it. Of course I'll post pics. I won't be able to restrain myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Haha! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! DH got home at about 6:15 (hooray for early!) and we went to dinner at Longhorn and that was nice. I ordered my fave dessert there (Caramel Apple Goldrush) but the server came back and said they'd all been burnt that day. BUMMER! He found one that wasn't bad though and didn't even charge us for it. Ally finally went to sleep nursing when I was halfway done eating. Ryan and Ally Rae got me princess cut diamond solitaire earrings. So gorgeous! My Mom got me my Zolo and it's on it's way!! She also got me a $50 gift card for Amazon : My MIL sent me $100 and I got cash from DH's Grandma's too. That's all going toward a great camera I've had my eye on. I'm anxious to get my RS so I can learn to nurse in it! Rae, I may call you and just come over for a tutorial since you've got that all figured out. So, a good day overall.

Guess I'll just keep posting here too since we're still unlocked! :
Great birthday and dinner Tara!
#102 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Tara I'm so glad you had a good birthday, and WOW on the earrings... .... that's awesome that your Mom got you the Zolo. I did use RS's exclusively for a long time (cause I didn't know about any other good baby carriers lol), I've pulled mine back out this week a little bit even. I'll be honest with you I've only ever managed nursing on my left side in a RS LOL! My RS's are all 'right shouldered' and I can't figure out how to nurse next to the ring .. haha

Well I have Samuel's FOUR MONTH check-up tomorrow morning (he'll be 4 months on Sunday!!!).. and I hope the doctor and I can figure something better out for his reflux. We are quite decided that he must come off the Reglan, it's to known for bad bad side effects.

ttyl girls....

DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#103 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM

OrchideZ, my Zolo is the Solstice. So pretty and still gender netural for future babies. I'll def post pics when I get it.

Rae, I hope Samuel's appt goes well today and you can get that little man off Reglan! Let us know what happens please.

AAM: We're leaving town in a few hours for the weekend. DH's cousin is getting married. He's playing trumpet in the wedding for her walk down the aisle, Trumpet Voluntary. Beautiful! I prob won't get a chance to post again until Sunday so I wish you all a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!
#104 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post
Well I have Samuel's FOUR MONTH check-up tomorrow morning (he'll be 4 months on Sunday!!!).. and I hope the doctor and I can figure something better out for his reflux. We are quite decided that he must come off the Reglan, it's to known for bad bad side effects.
I hope the appt went well Rae. Maybe he got switched to Zantac?

A mom in my BAM group was confused on the meds for reflux. She thought that Reglan decreased stomach acid, but what it really does is increase gastric emptying. Zantac directly treats the acid. You probably already know all this, but thought maybe some of the other moms might want an FYI. Reglan is also one of the drugs that's used off label to increase milk supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
OrchideZ, my Zolo is the Solstice. So pretty and still gender netural for future babies. I'll def post pics when I get it.

AAM: We're leaving town in a few hours for the weekend. DH's cousin is getting married. He's playing trumpet in the wedding for her walk down the aisle, Trumpet Voluntary. Beautiful! I prob won't get a chance to post again until Sunday so I wish you all a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!
The Zolo Solstice is gorgeous Tara! I hope you and dh have a good time at the wedding.
#105 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Tara I look forward to seeing your sling when you get it . I'll share about our appointment today in my AAM.

Jenn Thanks I actually did know what it does (causes the stomach to contract/empty faster).

AAM Well I feel sort of frustrated after our appointment. Even though I 'got' what I wanted... I don't know I feel like the doctor was not happy/did not agree with me SIGH. He is treating it more of a trial to see if the baby will be okay without Reglan, and we are going to drop one dose every week till he's off it. Though he will remain on his PPI meds (Prevacid).

On the regular checkup part of things Samuel is hitting his milestones well, and is about 14lbs and 25" long (average).

#106 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 03:17 PM

Oh I meant to wish you a good trip today Tara!! My DH plays trumpet too, neat .

#107 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Have a good trip, Tara!

Rae, sorry for the dr was a douche. At least Samuel is getting off the med, as you wanted.

AAM - not much new here. I have off Monday which is exciting! 3 days with my baby girl, yay!

I am also confessing that I am stalking the Oct 09 board a little bit obsessively. It is just too weird.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#108 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 PM

How frustrating Rae! At least you did get what you want. Have you considered looking for a new CP for Samuel? It sounds like your doc isn't going to continue to support what you know is right. I sure hope his doc sees that you were right and Samuel is able to get off the Reglan easily and whatever new meds you try work well! That's crazy that your DH plays trumpet too! Maybe our honey's would enjoy time together like we have. We should all get together for dinner some night.

Carrie, you're too funny! Stalking the new board. :

AAM: We got to our destination safely. I'm sitting in the hotel room. Ally Rae just went down for another nap and is sleeping alone (YAY!) on the bed so I have a min to post.
#109 of 110 Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 PM

Carrie: you have put a little bug in my ear and now I wanna stalk it too!

Tara: Very pretty sling...yay!

#110 of 110 Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 AM

:Hazel rolled over:

I'm super excited since Olivia didn't do that until she was over 4 months old. She's 3 months, 1 week old tomorrow. That is all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page