Weekly Chit Chat 1/24 - 1/30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2009, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think anyone started a chat yet, so...

Wow, guys, it's almost February!

I found some info on those cysts - I think they are called Bohn's Nodules.

I can't get used to not being able to sleep in on Saturdays! Nora had us up at 8 am, which I guess is better than my normal 6:30 for getting ready for work. But we had a bit of a restless night due to her shots on Thursday. So, I'm a bit sleepy.

I'm still terrified every time I take her for a vax, but so far so good. No signs of any vax injuries yet, thank goodness.

AAM - I talked to my supervisor about working part time. She is going to talk to her daughter (the VP of the company) and see if it's going to be possible. I hope it works out! :

Alright, everyone, here's to another great week!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Happy Saturday!!

Carrie - Addie got me up at 8 today too! Well, she does everyday, but usually on the weekends Dh gets up and I get to sleep in a bit. Thanks for the info on those Bohn's nodules. I looked at that pic and it actually looks nothing like what Addie's got going on in her mouth. What she has are really big, right over where her canines would be. I mean, huge compared to that pic. Guess I'll do a little more digging about them.

Glad to hear Nora hasn't had any major reactions to her shots!! : you get to work part time!!!

AAM: Well, it was Dh's birthday yesterday and he went out drinking with his friend (the only friend who didn't cancel on him, but that's another story . He said he was only going to have 4 drinks.... but when you tell a bartender it's your birthday and said bartender is in a generous mood... well apparently you get free drinks and feel obliged to drink them. So Dh slept hugging the toilet last night and is now passed out in bed and no help to me at all today. Is it unfair to be mad at someone so miserable b/c I look forward to having parenting help on the weekends?

On a positive note, Dh's sexy friend always streaks through the living room in his boxer briefs on his way to and from the shower.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 01-24-2009, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

^Ooh, I didn't look at the pictures before I posted that link. I guess they sorta look like what Nora has, but hers is much smaller and is hard. And it is right on the front of the gum, where an incisor/eye tooth would be. The description said "filled with keratin" and that's what it feels like, which is why I thought it was a tooth.

We both might want to keep digging, just to see if it's something else entirely.

And yes, you have every right to be angry with your DH for not being able to help due to hung-overness! I would be! If it were me I'd be spiteful and give him the baby anyway, headache and all! Oh, and LOL about his friend! Bonus!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 PM

I think they are called inclusion cysts. Yeah, that pic doesn't look anything like what Annie has. Hers are where Nora's are also.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM

Wow, you all have been busy the last couple days! I've had busy days so I'm just catching up.

A couple posts that stick out in my mind.....

Jenn, that's so awesome that you can donate milk to mamas who really need it. I'm sure you're a true blessing to them.

Carrie, I hope your part time option comes through! I know you'll be a happier mama if you can be home more.

AAM: Ally Rae is sitting with Ryan right now and looking at me and squealing for attention with the occasional giggle. Guess I better feed her. This squeal is sooo cute though! I'll catch you all later.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 PM

Carrie, I'm always worried about vax side-effects, too. Ella's only had one shot so far (and one oral vax), and so far so good. She wasn't even grumpy after those! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your PT position!

Em, I'd be totally pissed, too! I get jealous that DH still gets to do stupid, reckless things, but those days are over for me! : At least you get to watch his friend, though
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
If it were me I'd be spiteful and give him the baby anyway, headache and all!
I did. And went and took a shower (which has been a long time in coming, I stank! ). And as I was drying off he comes in and practically throws her at me saying, "I'm going to puke on her!": So while he hugged the toilet some more I tried to juggle Addie while drying off, getting dressed, and combing my hair. Now they're both asleep in bed and I'm debating whether to try and get the dishes done or just read for pleasure. Hmm... wonder which one I'll choose?

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 PM

I hope you are reading for pleasure so he can do the dishes. At least he'll be near the sink in case he has to puke.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM

B has a white spot where his incisor would grow in on top too.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 PM

Emily, I'd be unhappy with DH if he did that. As a Dad, he needs to realize that he has responsibilities to his family and it's not just him anymore. The drunken days need to be over for a while. I'm not saying that nights out with friends have to end but they can't be quite as crazy, IMO. I would've done the same thing you did.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:46 AM

Gee I haven't posted in weekly chit chat in a LOONG time!

Carrie, I was originally going to not vax until 2 but since Thierry is so fragile, if he were to get flu or anything, it could be fatal to him. So I gave in and got a couple of vax. He was pretty good with them but I am always scared that something is going to be wrong after vaxing. So far so good.

Well, Thierry gained about a pound in 2 weeks, which was really needed. He went from being 11/4 on Jan 7th to being 12/5 last Thursday. Im hoping he will top out at 13 lbs at his appt next wed.

I hope that everybody is doing really well and Im gonna be sad when i cant come and check up on all of you mamas!!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 01-25-2009, 03:19 AM

Thanks for posting MaryAnn. I was thinking about you and your Bearry. I'm glad he is gaining weight, it sounds like he is doing really well. :
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
^Ooh, I didn't look at the pictures before I posted that link. I guess they sorta look like what Nora has, but hers is much smaller and is hard. And it is right on the front of the gum, where an incisor/eye tooth would be. The description said "filled with keratin" and that's what it feels like, which is why I thought it was a tooth.
Jude had one of these on his bottom where a canine would be, but on the side. DH swore he was getting a tooth, but I told him it didn't feel right. And it's gone now. DS is definitely teething, but no sign of anything popping through yet.

Good luck on going part-time. Fingers are crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
A couple posts that stick out in my mind.....

Jenn, that's so awesome that you can donate milk to mamas who really need it. I'm sure you're a true blessing to them.
I saw that too and am so happy for you (and that other babe)! I pumped for a while for a mama with true low supply early on and her supply is back up now! Now, I'm pumping for a friend with a 6 mo who is struggling with her supply. She WOH and is having trouble pumping. She ended up giving him formula last week and so I offered her my stash and to keep pumping for her. I just need to talk more to her tomorrow to make sure she keeps up the pumping and bf'ing when with her DS; I'd hate for her supply to tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I hope you are reading for pleasure so he can do the dishes. At least he'll be near the sink in case he has to puke.

AAM: Jude is huge (18-19 lbs or so~ our scale is hard to tell on) and such a happy baby. I told DH the other day that we finally got a happy baby since our other 2 didn't smile a whole lot. Jude chatters and smiles so much!

On a depressing note: A friend I've known since junior high went to get induced with her second last night. I tried to talk to her about it numerous times in the last few days, but she was never available or didn't call me back. Her OB wanted to induce her for fear of a big baby (her first came 2 weeks early and was 8 lb 13 oz; she had him vaginally with no problems). She was only 38 weeks!

I left her a message yesterday afternoon to remember that she can say no to the induction and it is usually best to wait for baby to decide when to come (she is very trusting of dr's and unwilling to rock the boat). She went ahead, got cervadil, then pit, and ended up with a c/s this evening. And her huge baby? 8 lb 12 oz, 21". Sigh.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 AM

Happy Sunday, mamas!

No time to reply to everyone, though I did read. Real quick: Em, I'd be : at dh, too. Remind me to tel you my dh story about yesterday.

AAM I just snuck out of bed where I left my sweet, sleeping babe all warm and cozy...I'm headed in to work. Part of my heart is breaking leaving her. Dh said, "I'm her daddy, I know how to take care of her...we'll be fine. Now go have a good time ( he knows I love my job)." I know she'll be okay but its the thought of leaving your babe behind, yk? I'm only on til 8 am so I guess this is a good way to ease myself back into work. I do love being at births and I love being a nurse...I just don't like being away from my wee one. Wish me luck!

In other news...today is our anniversary!! : Dinner and a movie tonight...and Iris is coming with!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Maryann, it's so good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear your little Bear is thriving and gaining lots of weight! He's bigger than Ally Rae!

Ashley, have a quick day at work. Happy Anniversary! :

Nothing new here. Ally is in need of a morning nap and boobies so I'm gonna head out. Have a great Sunday mamas!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I can't believe the weekend is almost over! I don't WANNA go back to work tomorrow!

AAM - I've spent a lot of time this weekend going through old threads looking for some info - when I felt Nora's first movements, my first midwife appointment, etc. Man, did it bring back memories. I'd forgotten so many things! The constant congestion, not being able to even open the fridge b/c of the smells, every night DH smelling like garlic (even though I bet IRL he didn't). So nostalgic now. Makes me wanna be pg again someday and record more of it!

Oh, and Hi to Maryann! I miss you around here! I'm glad you and Thierry are doing well!

Ashley - Happy anniversary! I hope you have fun! Enjoy! Oh - and boo about working, I feel you on that one.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:11 PM

It's hard to believe I'm going to be scheduling Eleanor's 4-month well-baby visit soon! DH is talking about having her vaccinated at this visit, but since I'll probably be the only one taking her to the appointment I guess I get the final say.

We had a busy day yesterday - DH is a Freemason, and we went to his lodge to make a dinner for about 40 people to celebrate Burns's Night (which celebrates the poet Robert Burns). We were there from noon until about 8:30, and I pitched in by making chili, grating 3 pounds of Gouda (which is not the easiest cheese to work with!), and then enjoying the meal and some harp and vocal music. Eleanor was so good - she smiled at almost everyone who came over to see her (which was almost everyone there), and only fussed when she needed changing or feeding. She was super smiley when I was eating. :

She's also started sleeping in longer stretches at night, which is very welcome.

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Today was a rough one but I survived. Poor DH called and I was in such a state that I was 'Oprah Ugly Crying' on the phone to him...I feel stupid for that because we only get ten minutes a week to talk and I used it all up crying. I have three sick kids on my hands and when one person is getting up in the night with three sick kids it doesn't amount to very much sleep for said person. But I did catch a nap in bed with Charlotte while the other two were napping so I am feeling much better. Plus the kids went to bed early (their choice : ) and I've had a very relaxing bath. I'm going to head to bed with a mug of cocoa and a good book and hopefully get a lot of rest tonight!

Will catch up with you all tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
AAM - I talked to my supervisor about working part time. She is going to talk to her daughter (the VP of the company) and see if it's going to be possible. I hope it works out! :
: for part-time status

Oh! Don't worry about thinking the cyst was a tooth. I don't think you're dumb and may have even made the same mistake myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
On a positive note, Dh's sexy friend always streaks through the living room in his boxer briefs on his way to and from the shower.
tsk:

J/k. I'd be all over that like white on rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Well, Thierry gained about a pound in 2 weeks, which was really needed. He went from being 11/4 on Jan 7th to being 12/5 last Thursday. Im hoping he will top out at 13 lbs at his appt next wed.
: Thanks for checking in MaryAnn. I'm always thinking of you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysunshine View Post
AAM: Jude is huge (18-19 lbs or so~ our scale is hard to tell on) and such a happy baby. I told DH the other day that we finally got a happy baby since our other 2 didn't smile a whole lot. Jude chatters and smiles so much!
Wow! That's a big babe. You're gonna have awesomely toned arms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
\AAM I just snuck out of bed where I left my sweet, sleeping babe all warm and cozy...I'm headed in to work. Part of my heart is breaking leaving her. Dh said, "I'm her daddy, I know how to take care of her...we'll be fine. Now go have a good time ( he knows I love my job)." I know she'll be okay but its the thought of leaving your babe behind, yk? I'm only on til 8 am so I guess this is a good way to ease myself back into work. I do love being at births and I love being a nurse...I just don't like being away from my wee one. Wish me luck!
I know exactly how you feel unfortunately.

Quote:
I can't believe the weekend is almost over! I don't WANNA go back to work tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyowl View Post
She's also started sleeping in longer stretches at night, which is very welcome.
: Getting more sleep is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post
Today was a rough one but I survived. Poor DH called and I was in such a state that I was 'Oprah Ugly Crying' on the phone to him...I feel stupid for that because we only get ten minutes a week to talk and I used it all up crying. I have three sick kids on my hands and when one person is getting up in the night with three sick kids it doesn't amount to very much sleep for said person. But I did catch a nap in bed with Charlotte while the other two were napping so I am feeling much better. Plus the kids went to bed early (their choice : ) and I've had a very relaxing bath. I'm going to head to bed with a mug of cocoa and a good book and hopefully get a lot of rest tonight!

You are such a strong mama! I hope your kiddos start feeling better!

AAM: C&P from my tribe.

Frickin vomit central around here :Puke Olivia woke up harfing this morning after having diarrhea all day yesterday I'm pretty sure she got it playing at UG on Friday so I'm hoping none of the other mamas who were there have sick kiddos. Keeping my : that Hazel won't get it, not to mention me.

And no, Matthew, I will not wear Hazel in the sling to clean up puke just so you can play video games and ignore your sick daughter in the name of avoiding getting sick.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:

AAM - I've spent a lot of time this weekend going through old threads looking for some info - when I felt Nora's first movements, my first midwife appointment, etc. Man, did it bring back memories. I'd forgotten so many things! The constant congestion, not being able to even open the fridge b/c of the smells, every night DH smelling like garlic (even though I bet IRL he didn't). So nostalgic now. Makes me wanna be pg again someday and record more of it!

Oh, and Hi to Maryann! I miss you around here! I'm glad you and Thierry are doing well!

Ashley - Happy anniversary! I hope you have fun! Enjoy! Oh - and boo about working, I feel you on that one.
The end of the weekend is no fun but it's so much worse if work awaits you on Monday morning.

I've been reminiscing a lot lately too. Reading through my pg journal and such. It's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyowl View Post
Hooray for that! : A well-rested mama = happy mama = happy baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post

So sorry you're feeling emotional and lonely w/o DH. I'm sure having a house of sick kids doesn't help that any. Don't feel bad about spending your 10min crying. That's what you needed at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
AAM: C&P from my tribe.

Frickin vomit central around here :Puke Olivia woke up harfing this morning after having diarrhea all day yesterday I'm pretty sure she got it playing at UG on Friday so I'm hoping none of the other mamas who were there have sick kiddos. Keeping my : that Hazel won't get it, not to mention me.

And no, Matthew, I will not wear Hazel in the sling to clean up puke just so you can play video games and ignore your sick daughter in the name of avoiding getting sick.
Sucky that you're dealing with illness at your house too.

: at your comment directed toward Matthew.

One year ago today, Ally Rae was conceived! : I can hardly believe it's been that long already.

I was giving Ally her bath tonight and I poured a cup of water over her tummy and she laughed out loud...this big, full, belly laugh! It was SOOO cute! I called Ryan up to see and She did it everytime I poured water on her....that's new today. I get in the tub with her (usually in underwear and a tshirt and just squat down) so DH couldn't even tape it because I wasn't decent enough to share the recording. Oh well. Hopefully she'll do it again at her next bath (that's the only time she'll do it so far) and I'll make a point to wear shorts so we can record it.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I was giving Ally her bath tonight and I poured a cup of water over her tummy and she laughed out loud...this big, full, belly laugh! It was SOOO cute! I called Ryan up to see and She did it everytime I poured water on her....that's new today. I get in the tub with her (usually in underwear and a tshirt and just squat down) so DH couldn't even tape it because I wasn't decent enough to share the recording. Oh well. Hopefully she'll do it again at her next bath (that's the only time she'll do it so far) and I'll make a point to wear shorts so we can record it.
That sounds so cute! I hope you do get to record it soon!

Nora has shown us some new skills today, too. She officially found her hands -- she spent quite a few minutes at different times of the day intently staring at her outstretched hands! So cute! She has also started grabbing her feet! She throws her legs up and grabs her feet and pulls them towards her!

She is also starting to grab at toys. This is such a fun and exciting time, for us as well! I really love watching her bloom.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 AM

^I'm hoping we can catch it on camera next time so I can share it here!

That's super cute about Nora playing with her feet! I keep hoping Ally will start doing that soon. I love seeing babies playing with their feet...it's just so darn cute! Ally found her hands in the last week too. She looks at them and ends up cross-eyed.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Tara: I so hope you can catch that on tape. I love baby laughs!

Carrie: Isn't it fun to watch our babies grow and learn new things. Charlotte is my third and I still get so excited to see her learn new things.

Jenn: I hope your kids are feeling better and that you aren't getting it yourself. Take care!

Ashley:

AAM: I got a decent sleep last night so today I am feeling much better. : The kids seem to be on the mend as they slept through the night last night.

Charlotte has a new skill...she is now a thumb sucker! I think it is so cute but DH hates it. Our oldest sucks her thumb and he thinks we are now going to have to get braces for two out of three of our kids...whatever...it gives me a little extra sleep some nights so I'm all for it! She also discovered her hands a few weeks ago and now she loves to clasp them in front of her and look like a little lady! She also seems to be adjusting to our new night time routine which is such a relief for me. Of course, we will just get into the swing of things and DH will come home and we will have to adjust back to the old schedule!

Warning...small rant ahead! Alright, I'm usually a pretty level headed person but yesterday I lost it. As I said before, I had a really rough day yesterday and than my MIL called. I have a pretty good relationship with my MIL because I understand her and accept her. She basically blames me for everything and anything that she doesn't like about DH's life (ie him joining the military). I was talking to her yesterday about how things were going and that the kids were sick and it was a bit tough at the moment and she proceeds to tell me that she knew that I wouldn't be able to handle the military life and that she was the one who told DH and I that we shouldn't go this route because I would find it too hard...WTF??? Nice way to make me feel better. Whatever. She is suppose to come down this week-end but I might politely tell her to stuff it!

Better go...I hear the kids movie is almost over : Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM

^that's so infuriating re: your mil, orion!

Bryson was conceived a year ago today! When I told DH that, he asked, "was that the last time we dtd?" While it may feel like it to him, he is mistaken.

Enjoy your week, mamas!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Good morning mamas! I hope you had a good night's sleep and are ready for the week.

I'd be really hurt by that comment Orionbelt! Why say something like that when nothing can be changed?! I highly doubt you ever thought life w/o DH would be easy and I'm sure you both thought this decision thoroughly through! You're intelligent people and good parents and are doing what is best for your family. How annoying that others feel the need to judge you and play the "I told you so" game. That's awful. If you decide to welcome her into your home next weekend, I hope she can bite her tongue long enough to enjoy her grandkids and offer you some much needed help. Ally likes to clasp her hands like Charlotte does too. My sis is the one that thinks that's cute. I think it's funny when she clasps them and then gets mad because she can't get them in her mouth like that.

Kelli, yay for conception day! Too funny that our conception days were one day apart and so were the births of our babes. I, unfortunately, can count on one hand the number of times we've DTD since conception. :
Old 01-26-2009, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Bryson was conceived a year ago today! When I told DH that, he asked, "was that the last time we dtd?" While it may feel like it to him, he is mistaken.

Quote:
I, unfortunately, can count on one hand the number of times we've DTD since conception.
Me too. Since her birth, even. No fun.

Orion - Your MIL was so out of line! Doesn't she know how un-helpful it is to hear stuff like that, especially when you're already upset?? So cute that Charlotte is sucking her thumb though! I wish Nora would b/c losing the paci every now and then is getting old.

AAM - I got very little sleep last night; since Friday, really. I think we're having problems with nipple preference or something, or maybe Nora's just getting older and doesn't want to be all cute/cuddly while she nurses. But man, during the night, she latches on/off/on/off and drives me NUTS. She can't seem to keep the nip in her mouth the way she used to. I used to be able to just get her latched and then fall back asleep and let her do her thing, but not anymore! And she gets all frustrated and kicks and punches -- she doesn't wake up all the way, but she kicks me and throws her arms and head around. GEEZ. It's driving me mad. :

I actually thought to myself it would easier to just warm up a bottle of EBM rather than try to nurse her! I'm so mad for thinking that now! At least I didn't DO it, I only thought it.

Any advice? Besides quitting my job and staying home full time, lol?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM

nak

^ally has been doing that for weeks. it's so annoying! i find she does it more when she's tired and fighting sleep....like now. : she cued me that she's ready for her first nap of the day and is now doing that. sometimes she'll pop off and talk to me and sometimes she'll squirm around and stiffen her body. i just hold her tight as if she were swaddled and shhhhhh to her and she'll calm down normally and fall asleep quickly. like she just did! i hope you find something that works! there's nothing worse than feeling guilty for those fleeting thoughts of doing things that go against your parenting beliefs. btdt
Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
AAM - I got very little sleep last night; since Friday, really. I think we're having problems with nipple preference or something, or maybe Nora's just getting older and doesn't want to be all cute/cuddly while she nurses. But man, during the night, she latches on/off/on/off and drives me NUTS. She can't seem to keep the nip in her mouth the way she used to. I used to be able to just get her latched and then fall back asleep and let her do her thing, but not anymore! And she gets all frustrated and kicks and punches -- she doesn't wake up all the way, but she kicks me and throws her arms and head around. GEEZ. It's driving me mad. :

I actually thought to myself it would easier to just warm up a bottle of EBM rather than try to nurse her! I'm so mad for thinking that now! At least I didn't DO it, I only thought it.

Any advice? Besides quitting my job and staying home full time, lol?
This is EXACTLY what Lars Oskar has been doing - and for the same length of time as Nora has been doing it. Last night it was driving me bonkers. He'd get the nipple in his mouth, spit it out, root around, find it, spit it out, root around again, etc. Except that finally he woke up ALL THE WAY - screaming mad. I don't know what the issue is - it is worse with the left breast during the day, but last night it was the right breast causing the most issue.

Oh and don't feel bad about thinking about warming up EBM and giving it to her in a bottle. I actually did that because I couldn't take it anymore two afternoons ago. And it didn't work

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM

AAM sorry girls I don't seem to be able to keep up right now.

I have read through the thread.. but all I can handle right now is to say HI.. we are doing okay here..

just really busy lately, and trying to get ready to hold LLL at my house this Wednesday (heads up to Tara), by getting ahead on laundry/cleaning (bwahaha... okay um doing some then???? errrr).

Samuel's reflux is going a bit wonky here lately, and I just found out one of his reflux meds (Reglan) is addictive (gggrrrrrrr!!!) and has all kinds of side effects that get WORSE the longer your on it. Sigh. He will have his 4 month check-up on Friday.. and we are sooooo gonna discuss his reflux/meds!

Well the kids are fighting, I'm trying to do laundry, Samuel's sleeping in the swing (rare!), and it's lunch time.... lol so I'd better go. TTYL girls,
~Rae~

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
Oh and don't feel bad about thinking about warming up EBM and giving it to her in a bottle. I actually did that because I couldn't take it anymore two afternoons ago. And it didn't work
Hmm, it didn't work?? Maybe it is an age thing?? Shoot.

Hi Rae! Thanks for stopping by! Sucks about that medication -- you do your thing and get that all straightened out.

:GOOD NEWS!:

As long as the president of my company says ok, looks like soon I'll be a part time workin' mama! Tues, Wed, and Fri! Oh, cross all your crossables that he says ok!!!

User Tag List