What to say... (OT) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A woman in my parenting group on myspace just lost her husband while he was on deployment. I’m making something to honor him and am going to post it on the main page of my group so that everyone can see it when they visit the group.

I was thinking of making something that says...

"In Loving Memory...

Loving husband, father, friend, and soldier.
You will never be forgotten.
God bless you and your family"

Then his name and the years for his birth and death and a picture of him in the corner.

Think that would be okay? I’ve never done anything like this before, so any suggestions on what to say would be great... I’m not that eloquent so I need all the help I can get, lol.

Thanks...

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 PM

Honestly, I think that is beautiful.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM

It's okay... We're a military family and not so much fans of the whole God bless thing. Nice gesture anyway.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
It's okay... We're a military family and not so much fans of the whole God bless thing. Nice gesture anyway.
I only put that in there because I know that Faith (the wife) and her family are really religious. I personally am not, but wanted that in there for her.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM

I think it's very appropriate. My prayers go out to that family.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I was going to say something similar about the religious aspect but figured you knew the woman well enough to know whether or not to put that in.

Does she know you're going to do this?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Does she know you're going to do this?
I'm not sure... We know she's been online, has received messages sent to her, and everyone has been offering her their condolences. We (as a closeknit group) wanted to do something special in remembrance of her husband because she was always so proud and bragging about him and how he was her brave soldier. I don't know if she's visited the group and seen us talk about doing it though. She hasn't talked to anyone though and we're getting small updates from her sister and other family.

User Tag List