Am I the first one here? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out that I'm pregnant 10 minutes ago. My last period started 12/26/07, so that puts me at 10/01/08! I'm excited to meet other October mommies-to-be!
Mandi

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#2 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 07:08 PM

I'm due 9/28, but this could very well end up being a October baby!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#3 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll be taking a test in the next 2 days. But I don't know how we could have "missed" it. KWIM Congrats!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#4 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Yay! Other people are here!! I've been waiting for someone else to be the first to post. I just found out yesterday!

The first date of my last period was 12/28 so I'm getting an EDD of 10/3.

I don't get or like how asinine it is for them to count the first two weeks of your cycle toward pregnancy. Everywhere I look for 2 weeks pregnant (technically I'm 12 days pg) says that my body is getting ready to ovulate!! GRRR! I have to actually look at 3-4 weeks pregnant to get the right information. So lame, don't you think??

Anyway, I went out and bought some books today, I'm really excited and hoping that the nugget sticks!

Congratulations to all of us!!:

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I just found out that I'm pregnant 10 minutes ago. My last period started 12/26/07, so that puts me at 10/01/08!
Congratulations! My LMP was 10/26, I am due 8/1 and I was also the first one in my DDC.

Blessed mama of four
::
#6 of 41 Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 PM

not in your DDC (sept. acutally) but I've been 'stalking' the thread wondering when the first poster will be! Congratulations mama!
#7 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 AM

i am technically due 22 sept but i have a feeling it will be closer to october
#8 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 AM

I am watching my triphasic chart, but not sure if I'm pg yet. I took a test today and it was very negative. I'm only 10 DPO though. Maybe I'll be back!! If I am pg my EDD would be 10/3.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#9 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dropping in from the May DDC to welcome all the "newbies"!! Congrats Congrats Congrats on your pregnancies! Can't wait to see more ladies pile in.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#10 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM

Dropping in from the March DDC to say welcome and congrats! Wishing all of the new Oct. mamas happy and healthy pregnancies!
#11 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 04:34 PM

I just found out 2 hours ago. I havent even told anyone yet! I am still in shock. Holy crap I am pregnant!
#12 of 41 Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good wishes! Good luck to those mommies who are already expecting and to those TTC. I can't wait to see how our Oct. 08 group fills up over the next few weeks

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#13 of 41 Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 AM

Congrats Mamas! I'm really hoping to join you in a couple of weeks!
:
#14 of 41 Old 01-23-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheOnlyOne View Post
I just found out 2 hours ago. I havent even told anyone yet! I am still in shock. Holy crap I am pregnant!
WELCOME!!! Congratulations! Lots of sticky baby dust your way!

I have only told one person (besides the husband, of course) who I'm close to at work and trust 110% not to spill the beans. It was hard to hold it together at work today - I trust all the people I work with but it's just too early to say anything. It's probably the hardest secret in the WORLD to keep!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#15 of 41 Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 AM

You're not the only one, Mandi!
I just tested this weekend, and you and I have the same LMP so we are due date buddies! Wow. Still excited/reeling that it worked on the first try TTC#2, *and* I'm bf! (we used frozen donor sperm - it took 6 months the first time around).
#16 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 AM

Congrats, Tryingmommas! That's awesome you got pg on the first try!! I bet you were a tad shocked!

I still don't know if I belong here. Thought AF was starting today, but nope! Nips are very sore, and I feel exhausted.

Really it would be fine if I weren't pg yet, because I'd be fine with a bit more space between my LOs. But it's still exciting to think about being pg!

#17 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 AM

Is it okay if I lurk here? I don't know 100% for sure yet but my tests should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. My uber-intuned sister says she woke up the other day and just KNEW I was pregnant. She's done that to me 3 out of my last 4 pregnancies.
Here's the weirdness: My LMP was 11/21 but I know when I ovulated and my EDD based on O date would be 10/06/08.
#18 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
That's awesome you got pg on the first try!! I bet you were a tad shocked!
We did it on the first try too! Needless to say we were BOTH a little shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingMommas View Post
You're not the only one, Mandi!
I just tested this weekend, and you and I have the same LMP so we are due date buddies! Wow. Still excited/reeling that it worked on the first try TTC#2, *and* I'm bf! (we used frozen donor sperm - it took 6 months the first time around).
Tryingmommas - Yay! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Is it okay if I lurk here? I don't know 100% for sure yet but my tests should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. My uber-intuned sister says she woke up the other day and just KNEW I was pregnant. She's done that to me 3 out of my last 4 pregnancies.
Here's the weirdness: My LMP was 11/21 but I know when I ovulated and my EDD based on O date would be 10/06/08.
Dreams!! Yay! Of course you can hang out with us! I really hope this is it for you! Good luck!

#19 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Welp, looks like I won't be in the Oct DDC after all! AF visited today. It's OK with me though, I'll be in one again soon enough!

I'm excited for all of you!!

#20 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Welp, looks like I won't be in the Oct DDC after all! AF visited today. It's OK with me though, I'll be in one again soon enough!

I'm excited for all of you!!
I'm so sorry AF found you. Big big
#21 of 41 Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM

Dreams are you testing tomorrow?! I got my BFP at 11dpo!

It was faint but you saw it, are you gonna do it tomorrow? Did you get your tests in the mail today?

#22 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 03:26 AM

No I didn't get my tests yet. I'm 11DPO tomorrow so I'd really *like* to test but seeing as how I have a 25 pack of tests on the way at some point I can't yet justify going out and buying some. I tried to talk DH into buying me one on the way home but he told me just to wait until the tests come in the mail. Argh.
#23 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

i took a test yesterday and it was positive! i know the annoyance about timing...i KNOW i am about 2 weeks (no more b/c we were out of town w/ 2 kids in the room with extended family)....my lmp was 12/24...oh well...seems this is why many drs. think women are giving birth at 44-45 weeks.

Im calling my MW later today and hope to see her soon! This time WILL be a homebirth!!!

i am soo excited. i am going to try to talk about something OTHER than my prego....but it will be hard! lol!
#24 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Can I join in? I got a positive result the night before last. We're all surprised and happy. This will be our 8th, and all the kids are totally thrilled. Our youngest will be 1 next week, and I never even had a cycle since her birth. I was just noticing a few weeks ago that I thought I might be ovulating for the first time since dd's birth. I guess I was, lol! I also had what I think must have been implantation spotting on Jan 9. I actually thought I was starting my first pp cycle, but it fizzled out and was never more than light spotting for less than a day. I was reading that implantation typically occurs 5-10 days after ovulation, so going on that makes me due end of Sept/first of Oct. I always go a few days past my due date, so I'm thinking October. Anyway, congratulations to all the rest of you, and I look forward to sharing the next 9 months with you!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#25 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
No I didn't get my tests yet. I'm 11DPO tomorrow so I'd really *like* to test but seeing as how I have a 25 pack of tests on the way at some point I can't yet justify going out and buying some. I tried to talk DH into buying me one on the way home but he told me just to wait until the tests come in the mail. Argh.

Hey there! I remember you from the Feb 2007 due date club. Don't know if you'd remember me or not, since I lurked more than posted. But, anyway, hope you get a positive soon!

#26 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post
Hey there! I remember you from the Feb 2007 due date club. Don't know if you'd remember me or not, since I lurked more than posted. But, anyway, hope you get a positive soon!
Oh how cool would it be to share a DDC with you again! I hope my tests come today so I can quit hanging in limbo. The suspense is driving me batty!
#27 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Oh how cool would it be to share a DDC with you again! I hope my tests come today so I can quit hanging in limbo. The suspense is driving me batty!

I can only imagine. I'd have caved and driven to the dollar store by now. Does this seem like a close age gap to you? I thought last time that it was a really close age gap at 21mo apart, and these two will be only 20mo apart. Those first few months pp last time were : while our 1 1/2 yo tried to adjust. Actually things have just started to get normal again, and here we go again. It's all good though!

#28 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post
I can only imagine. I'd have caved and driven to the dollar store by now. Does this seem like a close age gap to you? I thought last time that it was a really close age gap at 21mo apart, and these two will be only 20mo apart. Those first few months pp last time were : while our 1 1/2 yo tried to adjust. Actually things have just started to get normal again, and here we go again. It's all good though!
This is actually a further spacing than #3 and #4, who was my February baby. They are 14 months apart, and surprisingly it was easy for us and we really enjoyed it.
#29 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 04:21 PM

:

I would be honored if I got to join you guys! : I'm only 5 DPO though. I feel like I'm jinxing myself by posting that, but oh well!

-
#30 of 41 Old 01-25-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
This is actually a further spacing than #3 and #4, who was my February baby. They are 14 months apart, and surprisingly it was easy for us and we really enjoyed it.

That's neat. I think some of what made it hard on me was the fact that my baby was very demanding. She's been one of my worst sleepers and just high needs in general, and that made it harder for me to divide my time between the younger ones especially in the beginning. I'm already praying for a calm, laid back baby this time and that my now almost 1yo settles into a better sleeping pattern before next October.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page