What, if any are your pregnancy symptoms? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sooo thirsty all the time, sore nipples, nausea (no vomiting), lower ab cramps (scary one. that appeared before my m/c), blood hound nose, exhaustion, heavy boobs appear larger also, and everything smells/tastes different! Has this happened to anyone else? nothing tastes like I expect it to anymore. Its so weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 07:21 PM

Oh, I've got the thirsty all the time, thing, too. And every morning when I wake up my mouth is so dry I can barely swallow!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
Oh, I've got the thirsty all the time, thing, too. And every morning when I wake up my mouth is so dry I can barely swallow!
Me too! The first thing I think of when I wake up (after going to the bathroom) is getting something to drink.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:58 PM

My bewbies are getting worse. My nipples hurt and itch all at the same time and the pain is now in my breasts too, no just the nipples. My bras are uncomfortable so I've been wearing my fave sports bras instead. They're soft and just supportive enough but don't squish them down.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM

My newest symptom: dizziness:

My midwife's answer: "It means it was a good take...the kid stuck."

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM

^Really?!!? I had a dizzy "spell" earlier this afternoon. It didn't last long. I get dizzy sometimes but my BP is pretty low so I'm sure that causes it. Interesting take on it though from your MW! I like that better than my BP answer.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:21 PM

no symptoms here yet. I feel like it's not real

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
^Really?!!? I had a dizzy "spell" earlier this afternoon. It didn't last long. I get dizzy sometimes but my BP is pretty low so I'm sure that causes it. Interesting take on it though from your MW! I like that better than my BP answer.
Yeah, she said it is a good sign. Its more common in women who've been preggo a couple of times apparently.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 PM

Okay, does anybody else smell different "down there". I have heard that can happen later in pregnany but I swear it smells funny and so does my pee. That just started today. Anyone else????? Tell me I'm not alone!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bratton View Post
Okay, does anybody else smell different "down there". I have heard that can happen later in pregnancy but I swear it smells funny and so does my pee. That just started today. Anyone else????? Tell me I'm not alone!
Don't know if it means anything, but I just smell blank down there. Like, almost no odor at all, good or bad! My pee smells stronger but I think it's b/c of the vitamins. You can never tell!

Tara - the way you spelled "bewbies" made me LOL! You are a riot!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Okay, does anybody else smell different "down there". I have heard that can happen later in pregnany but I swear it smells funny and so does my pee. That just started today. Anyone else????? Tell me I'm not alone!
No, no, you're definitely not alone. I've already got the Pregnancy Funk going on - feet, 'pits, bits... you name it, it probably smells. Thankfully it's just earthy, and not a BAD smell.

Yet.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm just a pinch funky myself. Course, I'll freely admit I'm too tired to do anything about it.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 PM

Dads are usually the first to notice changes in the nither regions. I have dads tell me that at work all the time. I asked my dh if he noticed and he said, "yeah, I always notice you change down therewhen you're pregnant." Gee thanks for telling me that now...after 4 kids!!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Dads are usually the first to notice changes in the nither regions. I have dads tell me that at work all the time. I asked my dh if he noticed and he said, "yeah, I always notice you change down therewhen you're pregnant." Gee thanks for telling me that now...after 4 kids!!
LOL, I misunderstood what you wrote at first... I thought OTHER dads were telling you that you smell different down there! I thought, "that is some strong smell!" but I see you're a doula, so dads are telling you about their own wives.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany View Post
No, no, you're definitely not alone. I've already got the Pregnancy Funk going on - feet, 'pits, bits... you name it, it probably smells. Thankfully it's just earthy, and not a BAD smell.

Yet.
Is that why my feet suddenly stink???? I was wondering what in the world was going on! It's terrible, LOL

And I noticed first, before anything else, that my smell changed. It did with my first pregnancy, but later, and not like this. It's icky. But.. I'm too tired these days to care I haven't started the milky white discharge that I had with my first pregnancy, and for months after I had him. Wonder when that will happen, to add to the wonderful goings-on down there.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 02-11-2008, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh wow, I am soooooooooooo nauseated today. I couldn't stomach the thought of cooking so I ordered pizza for the kids. BARF. The smell in my house is soooo disgusting right now. All I want to do is crawl into a dark, not-stinky place and sleep.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemama View Post
LOL, I misunderstood what you wrote at first... I thought OTHER dads were telling you that you smell different down there! I thought, "that is some strong smell!" but I see you're a doula, so dads are telling you about their own wives.
LOL...too funny! Yup, I smell so funky that my patients dh's are telling me I smell down there, LOL and ewww!!

I'm actually a nurse now and hear that a ton at work from dads. The first guy I ever heard talk about it openly told me waaay more than I wanted or needed to know about his wife's funk.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Just today started feeling a little queasy, and have had a few dizzy spells. On Saturday I had terrible gas!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 AM

The Tiredness hit me today. I was in Wal-Mart with my mom and my kids and all of a sudden I was so tired I felt like I couldn't move. With my last pregnancy I was more tired than sick. . . I remember crying if I couldn't get a nap in. Looks like it might be the same deal. Hmmm, maybe another girl?

I'm grateful that my kids get along amazingly well and entertain each other (no small feat at ages 2 and 4) while I doze on the couch. I'm also grateful that my parents live down the street. My mom kept my oldest a lot of afternoons and fed us A LOT during the first trimester with my last pregnancy.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 AM

Upper digestive track gas, (I'm burping like a trucker) slight queasiness, and all I want to do is sleep!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear so many others say this too. I was beginning to think something was wrong. It's not bad, just different. But I don't remember this happening with my first.

I'm having moments of nausea. Usually if I wait too long to eat, or an hour or so after I eat. I keep waiting for the "all day sickness" I had last time, but maybe I won't get that this time. : I also have moments of superhuman smell. But again not constant like before.

But I have to pee all the time, I'm cranky and irritable and supersensitive. I get tired really easily. Often fall asleep while nursing dd to sleep. But if she wakes me up during the night, insomnia kicks in. Usually at least an hour or two before I get back to sleep.

I also have the constipation and gas and intermittent cramping low in the pelvis. Funny, I can usually distinguish whether it's a gas cramp or a growing uterus cramp. I like the growing uterus cramp! That means growing baby!! The gas, I could do without.

Overall, this pregnancy feels a lot different than the first. I know that most are different, but it's a bit strange to me that every thing seems milder. I hope that's not a bad sign. Oh yeah. I'm also a little paranoid.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 PM

ok i am going crazy. All day i say i am going to take a nap and never do. then comes bed time and i can't sleep i wake up every two hours. i wish i could just sleep i feel so tired but just can't get comfortable.

mom to dd 2002:,ds 2005 , and my youngest ds : 2008 and wife to a wonderful husband.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm sooo tired but were all getting over the flu so it might be from that. I have to pee like 4,000 times a day and all meat tastes like metal.. but just meat. I'v ehad small boughts with nasusea but nothing too bad yet.

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
Old 02-13-2008, 02:43 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if this headache I've had for a week is a pregnancy symptom. UGH! I hope it's not a permanant thing.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM

^I had a headache last night when we went to bed and I'm blaming it on the pregnancy. I rarely get headaches. It's very abnormal for me. I've got terrible gas pains today. Ugh. I feel just absolutely *blah* today.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 PM

My symptoms are

Near constant peeing
Near constant thirst
Nausea - not actually been sick yet, that doesnt normally kick in till 6/7 weeks
Heightened sense of smell
Exhausted but not able to sleep - Sooo frustrating!
Constipation
Sore nipples - breasts are ok its just the nipples

Now I have to go pee again and its only been about 20 minutes!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
My newest symptom: dizziness:

My midwife's answer: "It means it was a good take...the kid stuck."
this is good to know! I just started with dizzy spells yesterday.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Yes! I noticed this a few days before I got my BFP! It's gotten a little stronger since then. I remember reading a post somwhere where the mama said "she smelled pregnant" before her BFP. So you're not alone!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:51 AM

I sit here tonight, feeling a little queasy - not full out nauseated, but just blechy in the tummy area, you know? I can't decide if it's maybe morning sickness starting, or if it's the potentially ill-advised Pizza Hut we had for dinner. :
Old 02-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Here's one the first-time moms won't be lucky enough to experience yet: Round ligament pain. I've had it off and on all day today and it suuuuucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccrunchymama View Post
Does round ligament pain come sooner second time around? Not there yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I don't know that it came sooner for me the second time around but this is the first time I've had it so early. I'm on baby #5.
Oh! There it is! Definitely earlier than the first time. 6w6d. I wonder, though, if it's really earlier, or if I just recognize it this time? I've felt that lovely stabbing pain 2 or 3 times today. I sure am glad I know what it is.

User Tag List