What, if any are your pregnancy symptoms? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A new, lovely symptiom for the week (besides this wonderful MS that has hit full-on)...greasy hair. It is the grossest thing ever and no matter how much I wash it, it just gets worse.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#92 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM

^OMG! Is that really a sign!? I just thought it was because DH is forever combing my hair with his fingers when we're on the couch! It's rediculous! Thank goodness I live in ponytails!
#93 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
A new, lovely symptiom for the week (besides this wonderful MS that has hit full-on)...greasy hair. It is the grossest thing ever and no matter how much I wash it, it just gets worse.
me too - for a while now - my skin is similarly affected! i've never had so many zits!!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#94 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 07:31 PM

I've had really bad gas. Better today because I ate bland food, but last night was awful.
#95 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 PM

I'm 4 weeks and so far, just mild nausea in the evening, very mild heartburn occasionally and some crampy, lower belly (making room for baby) feelings. I keep hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get MS, but from what I read, it looks like I have a week or 2 to gorge myself on flavorful, odorous foods. Also yesterday, after going to the farmers' market, I thought I would pass out from exhaustion.

I was starting to worry that I didn't have any symptoms (no complaints), but after typing this I guess I do have mild symptoms. Here's to hoping it stays that way! Can you tell I'm a first time mom??
#96 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 PM

I've been nauseous, tired and a bit grumpy. My boobs are incredibly sore and ds does not understand why I get grumpy when he jumps on them or pushes on them to get my attention.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#97 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 PM

I'm also feeling kind of bloated.
#98 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 PM

Heightened sense of smell
Constant peeing
Ravenous, although today I was a bit less so and had to force some of my food...
And today also first time feeling a bit queasy, guess m/s is on it's way!
General grumpiness blah feeling
Off and on mild cramping
GAS!
And my left boob has gotten bigger and the areola darker... but my right is making no signs of catching up! It's pretty funny, I'm totally lopsided!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#99 of 103 Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Heightened sense of smell

And my left boob has gotten bigger and the areola darker... but my right is making no signs of catching up! It's pretty funny, I'm totally lopsided!
Oh, these remind me. I've had the heightened sense of smell for about a week or more but it comes and goes. The best was when I thought I had a brain tumor because I could smell the new scented kitty litter from three rooms away.

And my boobs *seem* a bit fuller, but I'm still not certain.
#100 of 103 Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazamada View Post
I'm 4 weeks and so far, just mild nausea in the evening, very mild heartburn occasionally and some crampy, lower belly (making room for baby) feelings. I keep hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get MS, but from what I read, it looks like I have a week or 2 to gorge myself on flavorful, odorous foods. Also yesterday, after going to the farmers' market, I thought I would pass out from exhaustion.

I was starting to worry that I didn't have any symptoms (no complaints), but after typing this I guess I do have mild symptoms. Here's to hoping it stays that way! Can you tell I'm a first time mom??
Yup. This was me two weeks ago. Now, I am carefully considering everything I put in my mouth, in hopes that it won't make me gag. I say this not to scare you, mind, but because I was just as concerned about not having symptoms. Now, I'd like them to go away a little bit please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethshimon View Post
And my boobs *seem* a bit fuller, but I'm still not certain.
I still would like to put in my order for fuller/bigger boobs. Typically, I'm more than perfectly fine with being on the small size (I wear a "nearly" b, how cute ) but if I can have bigger ones for a bit that would be good too.
#101 of 103 Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM

as of now, nausea/vomiting all day everyday. Even when I drink water! The only thing that has helped even a little is sparkling water... so i bought a case today. The nausea gets especially bad at night (like when I get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom...)

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#102 of 103 Old 02-19-2008, 02:50 PM

^Any nausea I've had is in the middle of the night too! I thought it was odd. I'm glad to see someone else feels yucky in the middle of the night. Although, I wish we all felt good instead!

I think my m/s has started. But, like I said, it's in the middle of the night when I get up to pee! I've felt awful for the last 2 nights in a row and the thought of trying to eat a saltine makes me want to gag. It's always gone by morning but getting back to sleep and sleeping well is difficult and sometimes doesn't happen at all. *sigh*
#103 of 103 Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM

My m/s has abated and turned into food aversion 24/7. I would say that the nausea never gets as bad as it was during week 5, when I would have said it was a 7 out of 10 - 10 being vomiting hardcore. I still haven't actually thrown up. I hope I don't! I would say I'm at like a 5 most days, with it sometimes getting up to a 6 or 7. At least it isn't constant like it used to be.

Mine is typically all day until about 4 o'clock. When I get home, I can usually eat, albeit very specific things, unless I take a nap. Then I wake up and it starts all over again!

My boobs are still sore as hell, and I'm starting to lose my waistline. Fat is definitely redistributing around my midsection.

My nails look gorgeous and they are hella strong.

My face continues on with the breaking out, lol. I'm considering a facial this weekend, just to get some of this junk out.

Lately I've been craving ice cold coca-cola classic. Don't try to give me a pepsi. It has to be coca-cola. Weird. I limit it, though, just a bit to get me through the craving!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page