What, if any are your pregnancy symptoms? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been slightly nauseous for a few days now.. it's what tipped me off to do a test actually. Eating often seems to help keep it at bay and not severe. I'm hoping it doesn't get bad this time like I've done with some of mine. Last time I was able to keep it not too bad by eating often and getting regular exercise, so I'm trying that approach again.

I'm also a little more tired than usual, but it's not bad.

Anyone else really "feeling" pregnant?

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#2 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 04:24 PM

I am not feeling pregnant yet. I am peeing in the middle of the night and get sick feeling every once in a while.... but no, I don't feel "pregnant."
#3 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 PM

I'm peeing all the time, and quite often I just feel really hungry - like out of the blue, I need to eat NOW. Other than that, just tired but nothing really major. Oh, and my boobs HURT!!! I think that's the biggest symptom I have.

I'm only 4 weeks today, so I think it's too soon for me to be feeling anything more than this.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM

I have that superhuman sense of smell thing I always get. It's like I can smell *everything* in the whole house.

I couldn't finish my lunch. I was hungry but I could not make myself eat it. Not exactly nausea, but sort of revulsion at eating.

Some odd cravings, mostly for carbs.

When nursing my little one I've noticed my letdown feels more intense than normal.
#5 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 PM

I've felt a little shaky and light-headed today. But past experience tells me I won't get really sick until 6 or 7 weeks...then I'm out for the count until 14-18 weeks. Fun fun fun. I'm going to try a few different things this time though, with 3 little ones I simply can't check out of life for the next 4 months!
#6 of 103 Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM

There is a really good thread on preventing morning sickness. I'll post the link when I'm not nak.
#7 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

other than E nursing constantly, which is a little different lately, there isn't much...
i have had some cramping and hoping that doenst mean anything bad...my sense of smell is very acute. and my appetite has actually gone down. im trying my best to eat 3 meals a day which i dont normally do (usually only eat a brunch and dinner but eat ALOT). oh, and i have been feeling MORE energetic..strange!
#8 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM

I've had some extra energy in the last week too. I got a lot done this week, actually! I hope continues so I can get the house in shape before m/s sets in and everything goes to pot.

Cramping can just be your uterus stretching and accomodating. Hope it goes away soon!
#9 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 05:05 PM

This morning my husband made bacon and I really wanted to throw it outside. It just smelled gross.
I'm starving but the thought of eating makes me feel a little queasy. I did eat yesterday but I found I needed 6 small meals because I couldn't eat much at one time.
And ugh, when he cooked dinner tonight I thought I was going to die.
#10 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Nausea on and off. Usually worse towards the end of the day. Really tired. Sensitive nipples.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#11 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM

mild queasiness for three days. I'm so early. I'm hoping that's not a precursor of things to come! I'm going out tomorrow to get some milk thistle.
#12 of 103 Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I have that superhuman sense of smell thing I always get. It's like I can smell *everything* in the whole house.
See, this is what makes me think this is the month. I've had that "superhuman" sense of smell w/ all my babes. Today we were out in the van and I just *knew* I smelled a wet bag w/ a dirty dipe in it. The kids all thought I was nuts, lol. Its too soon for me to test but I've definately had this sense of smell thing going on early each time I've been preggo.

Other than that I've been peeing A LOT...like more than my usual post-O pee habit.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#13 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 01:47 AM

I have felt pg since 2 days after O/conception ... my pants actually started to feel too tight before I got my BFP! I am quite a bit bigger already, which I just can't believe! Its got to be retained water or something b/c my uterus can't possibly be growing that fast, can it? I sure didn't feel that with the first one for quite a while. Any other 2nd time + moms feel like the belly is busting out? It makes me worry that I'll be showing before I'm ready to tell my job.

Also, I was so lucky not to ever have nausea or m/s last time, and now I already have felt queasy-ish (not too bad) and had some food/smell aversions even this early. Definitely better if I just eat a little like every hour.

Today's the first day I really felt the fatigue coming on - we'll see how the workweek goes next week.
#14 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 PM

Being abnormally weepy with that weird 'need to eat but have no appetite even though I normally eat enough for three adults, I'll just have a cracker thanks' feeling were my first clues.

In the past two days:

That almost-insomnia that seems to be unique to pregnancy.
Queasy feeling if I don't eat in regular intervals.
Queasy feeling when I DO eat, regular or not.
Crampy-stretchy feelings.
And the peeing. Ohgod. The peeing. Sigh.
#15 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 12:31 PM

I feel like I am having every symptom in the book, if I would have known it would be this way, I would have saved alot of money on PG tests in the last year:

Insomnia
Very sore breasts ever since ovulation
A lot of CM after ovulation, lasting 7 days
Nausea
Lower ab cramping
Pink spotting on CD 9 with temp dip & rise on CD 10
High temps
Emotional
#16 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 02:39 PM

I was a little nauseous but I'm not much anymore. The baby has switched on the exhaustion button though and I can't get enough sleep. I've also had a bit of cramping but that's pretty normal for me.
#17 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm honestly a little nervous. This is day 4 of queasiness for me. It's not horrible, but it is getting worse every day, and it is all day long. I've never been nervous about that before, but it is worse this time. Of course, I have a friend who has been having bad hyperenemesis (I'm probably spelling that WAY wrong), so now I'm nervous!
#18 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 PM

Ugh I woke up to full-blown morning sickness this morning. UGH.
#19 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Isn't it funny how this early every day seems different? I haven't felt nauseous yet, but yesterday I just couldn't talk myself into eating anything until afternoon. I just drank milk and kombucha all day. I was also tired, but I feel better today. Which is good, lots to do to get ready to be sick! (how often do we get to "plan" for being sick? not often!)
#20 of 103 Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM

Very sore boobies
BAD insomnia
Exhaustion
Mild nausea
Heightened sense of smell
Cervix turned upward
Irritable
BLOATED- in fact, I was determined to test positive when my pants would hardly button this morning. I wear my jeans snug so that usually happens right away.
#21 of 103 Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Ok... my boobs have already gotten bigger and just ache all the time. Past few days I've been getting lightheaded easily, hungry more often, but nausea keeps creeping up. I can feel my uterus, it feels very heavy in there and I can feel "things" happening. And, I'm bloated. AF isn't even due for another couple days... sigh. With DS the morning sickness didn't hit heavily until right at 6 weeks, so hopefully I can make it that long this time without it.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#22 of 103 Old 02-01-2008, 05:38 PM

***groan*** I do not recall EVER being this ill ,this early with any of my other kids~~~
and how is it possible to be exhausted and have insomnia at the same time???
...but i keep reminding myself all these symptoms are good right??? it means the hormones are doing there thing and the little one is settling in and makinghim/herself at home....right?? right???
it's going to be a loooong 1st trimester at this rate....

(((but i love it....)))

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#23 of 103 Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM

I am like that too! Exhausted, but with insomnia. Maybe it is the prenatal vitamin in the evening that keeps me up? I have to take three a day. Otherwise, I'm having to pee all night long! It never hits me until the evening. Still, I'm delighted to be in this predicament!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#24 of 103 Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 PM

well after being extremly tired for a week my house went to heck, so i have been cleaning for the past couple of days. other than that i still have ...
sore bbs and heavy
breaking out
bloated alot
my smelling is really good. my husband dips and right when he walk in the door i said you had a cig.didn't you (he ran out of dip) yucky stuff!

oh and i pee alot i guess we better all get used to that huh

mom to dd 2002:,ds 2005 , and my youngest ds : 2008 and wife to a wonderful husband.
#25 of 103 Old 02-03-2008, 02:03 PM

My pre-pregnancy jeans don't fit anymore,
I almost started crying during Signing Time,
bloating, gas, that full heavy feeling, dizzy, exhausted.
No ms yet but I know it is probably coming soon.

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#26 of 103 Old 02-03-2008, 02:04 PM

My first "symptom" (clue, really) is in my sig. I've been checking my chart multiple times a day (why? it's not like it's going to spontaneously change ) ever since it went triphasic. I've also been a little queasy here and there, and for the past three days have had some weird tummy thing going on. It doesn't feel like normal nausea, but I just feel BLECH and it only gets worse and I start really hurting unless I eat pretty regularly. My boobs have also had some sharp twinges here and there, but they don't actively hurt, and they certainly haven't gotten any bigger yet. I'd like to completely fill out my B cup now, please.
#27 of 103 Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

woudl anyone like MORE symptoms? i mean, come on..im pregnant!!! other than achy boobies and peeing more, im not feeling much! i am starting to wake earlier though.
#28 of 103 Old 02-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Yep - I would like more symptoms I never get much morning sickness - just twinges of nausea further into the first trimester. Sometimes I wish that I felt it more strongly just to connect with it. Latlely, though, I feel a pulse in my womb that is comforting.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#29 of 103 Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM

So, I fell asleep during the Super Bowl! That's a new one for me.
#30 of 103 Old 02-04-2008, 01:51 AM

-nausea
-insomnia
-exhaustion
-cramping
-sore breasts
-hyperemotional

I have more pregnancy symptoms at 5 weeks than I had at 15 weeks with my first. Feels weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page