pregnancy teas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-28-2008, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am so confused. at times i wish i didnt know this early..that way i wouldnt worry so much.
i have been having cramps..it was the main reason i took a test. for those of you who havent seen my obsessiveness over the last few days, my EDC is either jan. 8 or 11th.
i bought some raspberry tea and some pregnancy tea b/c someone said that may help with the cramps, b/c it strengthens my uterus. so ive drank a few cups over the last few days. then someone else told me they are bad for me.
the teas are by Traditional Medicinals and i know they arent as good as brewing homemade but i LOVE the Mother's Milk tea...after i drank that (not preg.) I could FEEL my let down. It worked very well. If anything had worked better than that I would have been a faucet. so I do believe they work well...better than anything else I can get in a box, thats for sure.
does anyone know if i shouldnt be drinking the Preg. Tea or Red Rasp. teas??
tia
rach
#2 of 6 Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM

I drank RRL tea almost every day of my last pg.
#3 of 6 Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 PM

THere's a good article about herbs during pregnancy in this month's Mothering Magazine. I drink pregnancy teas and teas from Earth Mama Baby Angel during pregnancies. I don't have more than one cup a day - and not even every day. In the late 2nd and 3rd trimesters I have had lots of RRL tea.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#4 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM

I drank iced RRL tea by the gallon my entire pregnancy and never had ANY preterm labor. No problems at all.
#5 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I drank iced RRL tea by the gallon my entire pregnancy and never had ANY preterm labor. No problems at all.

Do you mind if I ask how you made it iced and what brand you used? Did you make a gallon at a time and just keep it in the fridge? I've only ever made it one cup at a time hot. I think I might like it iced better than hot, especially this summer. I want to be good about drinking it faithfully this pregnancy!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#6 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 PM

I used traditional medicinals and made it just like any other iced tea.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page