Hormones and emotions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am NOT an overly emotional person normally - as in I don't get overwhelmed with it, cry a lot, that type of thing, it's just not my personality. But already the hormones are seriously kicking in. I was reading one of the Berentstein Bears books to my son at bedtime, and I literally teared up at the end. It really wasn't a tearjerker of a story, Sister Bear won a Double Dutch jump rope competition after being snubbed by another bear. I have pity on those around me if this is a precurser of the next nine months...

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I teared up looking at the Pedipeds website, all the cute little baby shoes.
#3 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

hahah..there is a pampers commercial running right now..where the dad puts the baby down (in a crib of course) at night and says "dada". the baby, of course, says "mama". he repeats it once, puts the baby calmly down and walks away. baby wakes up early next morning and eating breakfast w/ daddy, looks over and says "dada".

i cry every time! hahahaha
#4 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 07:58 AM

I cried over looking at newborn diapers today. I am such a dork.
#5 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 01:00 PM

the day before i got my BFP i cried watching the American Idol auditions .....
It was one ofmy clues maybe "something" was going on~~

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#6 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#7 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM

So glad I am not the only one I was so irritable that is one thing that clued me into the fact I was expecting. My poor husband... I am really trying not to be so emotional and snippy. Luckily things should even out here soon.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#8 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM

I just started sobbing while singing along with music. It was a sad song, but still, sobbing? The emotional side of this wasn't something I could have forseen, but it's definitely interesting.

The other day at work, a co-worker was in a bad mood and was taking it out on me bigtime. Usually I just fight back or ignore her, but for whatever reason I took everything so personally, and I had to leave for lunch and just cried and cried. I had to go home for a few minutes and lie down because I was so emotionally drained. I just couldn't understand why I was letting her affect me so much, and when I talked to DH about it (was crying to him on the phone) he was helpful in making me realize it's the hormones/emotions getting the best of me. So silly, but they're so hard to overcome b/c they're real emotions.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 14 Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 PM

One of the reasons that I tested early to see if I was pregnant was because I bursted out crying in the middle of my gym when the Britney Spears story came on (you know - the film of her hugging her child in the bathroom so they wouldn't take him away). Okay - so it is a sad and horrible story, but it just isn't like me to cry like a baby in public. I don't even normally watch that stuff. I remain emotional - and cry with kid books too

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#10 of 14 Old 02-03-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
It really wasn't a tearjerker of a story, Sister Bear won a Double Dutch jump rope competition after being snubbed by another bear.
:

Oh my! I'm not in your DDC, I'm a couple months ahead, and I'm laughing with complete and total empathy! I've been there, and I can say that it MAY get better as time goes on. Hormones are amazingly powerful things!

I cried at a Purina One commercial when I was pregnant with #1 ... it was all about your dog being your companion for life, and had slow-mo clips of dogs enjoying being alive, and how you should feed him the very best so you can enjoy life together. I was so touched that I sobbed aloud. About an hour later, I tried to remember what I had cried about, and laughed uncontrollably when I realized it was a dog food commercial.

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#11 of 14 Old 02-03-2008, 01:39 PM

Yep - I've definitely been more emotional. I cried all the way home from watching Charlie Wilson's War a few days ago. Just wait until AFTER the baby arrives though. It gets worse - especially after the first baby.
#12 of 14 Old 02-03-2008, 02:43 PM

I had noticed when I started taking birth control pills 4 years ago that I was more emotional than I felt I should be. And yeah. It's back again. It's still so very early so I haven't cried at anything seemingly innocuous yet, but I can tell it's there. My poor husbandperson only had a very short time of me being me, and not on-the-pill me or pregnant-me.
#13 of 14 Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
Yep - I've definitely been more emotional. I cried all the way home from watching Charlie Wilson's War a few days ago. Just wait until AFTER the baby arrives though. It gets worse - especially after the first baby.
I used to just look at DS1 and just cry and cry because I loved him so much. I am tearing up now just thinking about that : oh, and Signing Time gets to me too.

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#14 of 14 Old 02-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
I had noticed when I started taking birth control pills 4 years ago that I was more emotional than I felt I should be. And yeah. It's back again. It's still so very early so I haven't cried at anything seemingly innocuous yet, but I can tell it's there. My poor husbandperson only had a very short time of me being me, and not on-the-pill me or pregnant-me.
I tried 4 different pills during college - but all of them made me way too emotional and neurotic! I can't do bc pills. After this one, I think I'm going to opt for an IUD.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page