Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
1 glass of tang (thats right... tang)
Are you trying to grow an astronaut?
#62 of 216 Old 02-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with mock hollandaise sauce, fake canadian bacon, and avocado. Potatoes, bell pepper, and onions on the side.

Snack: Glass of milk, pistachios, bannana

Lunch: Homemade chimmichangas with flour tortillas, cheese, homemade refried beans, cabbage and more avocado

We had a late start, so not sure if I'm going to eat much more than another snack, but I'm sure I'll get hungry again! I feel like I'm eating all the freakin' time, but then when I look at a list like that it doesn't seem like enough!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#63 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethshimon View Post
Are you trying to grow an astronaut?
lol, i havent drinken it since i was like 7 and then met dh and he LOVES it and there is less acidy taste than orange juice lol

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#64 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Lunch: Homemade chimmichangas with flour tortillas, cheese, homemade refried beans, cabbage and more avocado
now im drooling on the computer!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#65 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 AM

MMMMM, they were So good too!

But really, homemade refried beans are SO easy, we'll never eat store bought again!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#66 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

I feel like a champion! I just ate one and a half tacos! I kept them down! Woo hoo! I also had a few spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream (vegan, of course) and I feel full now. I almost threw up 3 times but I managed to keep it all down - AND I ran the dishwasher! Woo hoo!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#67 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 AM

i eat so much more than anybody oh well.

breakfast: bowl of matzah ball soup with two big matzah balls
1 blueberry pancake
1/2 cup coffee

snack: gummi bears

lunch: omlette and french fries

snack: mixed nuts

dinner: chili, salad, cornbread and some of dh's french fries.

#68 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Linguini with tomato sauce, wheat based fake sausage, chard, and sunflower seeds with garlic toast!

I'm such a pig! I totally feel you iamleabee! Go Baby Cakes!!! Way to keep it down!

#69 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned

i usually eat a lot but the last few days i havent been able to. i am trying ...at least ill eat salads and stuff but i just feel so nauseous that i cant even thinnk of eating and definitely not oatmeal!!! yucky
#70 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 PM

Yesterday I had a pretty decent eating day but I have a feeling that today won't be that great cause all I have a taste for at this point it potato chips.

Yesterday I had...
scrambled tofu with oven fried potato wedges
berry smoothie
kombucha tea w/ ginger

veggie sushi
vegan chocolate chip cookie (hey, I gotta keep my glucose levels up, right?)
Clif bar

big, garden salad
bow-tie pasta w/ broccoli and vegan chicken
kombucha tea w/ ginger
Vitamin Water lemonade

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#71 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 01:00 PM

I'm heading to whole foods in a while to pick up some stuff for smoothies. I've never been able to make a decent smoothie but I'm going to give it another shot. Any great ideas or recipes?
#72 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I'm heading to whole foods in a while to pick up some stuff for smoothies. I've never been able to make a decent smoothie but I'm going to give it another shot. Any great ideas or recipes?
Bananas, strawberries, and pineapple work great for me. I just throw them in the blender with some soymilk and maybe protein powder and/or water for consistency.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#73 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Here's today for me:

Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (1 pkg)
Lunch: I'll have leftover meatloaf and rice pilaf (ate all the peas last night with dinner)
Dinner: Plans are roast, with onion, carrots and mashed potatoes
I might snack on a few grapes when I get home.

I'll also probably splurge and eat either a browine or a couple girl scout cookies before bed.

Well, I thought I was eating a lot this weekend, but this doesn't seem like much... and I'm not sure I ate more than usual. I'll have to try and remember what I ate this weekend and write it down.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#74 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, when I made smoothies while trying to get some calories in, I would put a teaspoon on Coconut Oil in. Gave it a really good flavor/texture too. Also, just some really good fruits that you like, either fresh frozen, or buy fresh and freeze yourself, add some juice, water, whatever liquid you like and blend. They might also have smoothie powder. Im not sure where would sell that but it gives it an awesome flavor. I LOVED the ones I got at Whole Foods in California. There is no such thing in San Angelo, TX...

#75 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I use a 6-8oz container of yogurt, a whole banana and about a 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries, about a 1/4c of milk and then fill blender with ice. Blend and enjoy. It makes 2 servings worth for me. Very yummy and thick enough to give you something to chew but thin enough you could get it through a straw.
#76 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 04:31 PM

I got a ton of fruit and cut a lot of it up in teeny pieces and froze it all. I figured that way I can just take when I need from a baggie instead of cutting it all up at 7 am. I got yogurt and milk too. I wondered about frozen yogurt. That sounds yummier to me albeit not as healthy. I also got honey and liquid chlorophyll to add to it. I'm going to give raw egg yolks a shot since they're a whole food protein unlike powders.

We had rotisserie chicken breast (skinless) with avocado and tomato in flour tortillas for lunch. Thank the gods, for now the nausea is gone.
#77 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Little to no nausea today for me, which is a HUGE difference from yesterday. Couldn't find much that I wanted to eat though, bummer.

large glass of chocolate soymilk
2 mini bagels with herbs & chives Better Than Cream Cheese
1/2 bean burrito
few tortilla chips
2 sour candies

I bought tater tots last night at the store and I'm so looking forward to eating them with a ton of salt and ketchup. Right now it's the only thing I can even remotely think about eating for dinner, lol.

#78 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 PM

Today I've had:

oatmeal, 2c milk
2 eggs, 1 with yolk, 1 w/o, 2 pieces whole grain bread, and 2 slices of cheese....egg sandwich. I really enjoyed it! Yum. I haven't had one in forever.
TONS of water of course!

I've found that I won't need to eat as much as the Brewer diet suggests because the labels on my food show the serving sizes to have WAY more protein that what they guesstimate. That's good because I just can't eat that much!
#79 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 06:32 PM

I tried the brewer diet... it's hard to manage and I've known people who gained a TON on it. I can't fathom that happening with you but it is a lot of food to put away. I'm trying to just pay attention to how much protein I eat and later on, I'll be more careful to get more if I'm not getting enough.
#80 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM

^It seems to be pretty close to what I'm already eating so I'm not worried about gaining crazy weight, especially since I'm teaching 10-12 classes a week right now. But, thanks for sharing the weight concern. I didn't really even think about it. My Doula just said this is the diet that most mw's recommend so I thought it'd be awesome. Like I said, I won't have to eat as much as it says since my labels are showing a lot more protein in a serving than what the diet guesstimates. Thank goodness! I wonder if others have gained lots of weight because they assumed they knew how large a serving size was (most people way underestimate) and they were wrong or the diet incorrectly guessed the amount of protein so they ate more than necessary?
#81 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Well, if you think about it it's very hard to get that much protein without a pretty good amount of fat also. Working out 12 times a week, I would imagine whatever you gain is what your baby and body truly NEED. I was a SAHM and not exercising at all when I was doing it. I didn't really stick with it, I modified it because it was hard and too much food. A lot that I didn't like.

You're really lucky to be starting out with such a healthy lifestyle. I bet your birth will be easy peasy.
#82 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM

Today was much healthier!

Breakfast: protein bar (and I thought I was going to vomit, I think I need to get some Luna or lara bars)

Second breakfast: whole milk yogurt and granola

Lunch: whole grain toast, turkey, cheese wedge

snack: carrots and roasted red pepper hummus, also tortilla chips

dinner: home made pizza with red peppers and onions

I am also going to boil a bunch of eggs.

I want to buy one of those egg "circles" so I can make McD's-like breakfast sandwiches.
#83 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap and I can't wait for those tater tots. Chris is making the most elaborate and garlic-y smelling sauce, and I just want him out of the kitchen so I can make them.

Hey guys, do you know any way to get a husband to stop making really fragrant, pungent, and non-appealing food? I've tried asking. I've stopped eating the food. But for the past few days, he's been making new and old recipes that take forever, and smell so pungent that I need to physically smell lemons so I don't start gagging, and there is no WAY I can eat them. He sure has been enjoying his dinners, though. I just hate being rude about it, lol.

#84 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I just woke up from a 2 hour nap and I can't wait for those tater tots. Chris is making the most elaborate and garlic-y smelling sauce, and I just want him out of the kitchen so I can make them.

Hey guys, do you know any way to get a husband to stop making really fragrant, pungent, and non-appealing food? I've tried asking. I've stopped eating the food. But for the past few days, he's been making new and old recipes that take forever, and smell so pungent that I need to physically smell lemons so I don't start gagging, and there is no WAY I can eat them. He sure has been enjoying his dinners, though. I just hate being rude about it, lol.
Throw up on his shoes.

That'll learn 'em.
#85 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Baby_Cakes, tell him the food he's making is upsetting the baby........guilt trips always work!
#86 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 PM

Breakfast: "Hiker" bagel (all the toppings: garlic, sesame, poppy, etc.) with peanut butter and an orange

Snack: Banana & pistachio nuts

Lunch: Leftovers of linguini, wheat based fake sausages, rainbow chard & tomato sauce

Snack: Yogurt

Dinner: Garlic mashed potatoes with nutritional yeast gravy & tofu and cabbage/carrot coleslaw.

I'm currently doing a 5 day diet diary to see how well I'm managing to get all the nutrients I need according to Anne Frye's lacto-ovo veggie diet. I think I'm doing ok, but will need to up the protein!!! Even though I've been super hungry, it's still hard to eat this much! I feel like I'm constantly in the kitchen.

#87 of 216 Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 PM

I had leftover chili for dinner with a small glass of milk (yes, I drink a LOT of milk). I need to add up the protein I've had for the day. I was doing pretty good but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit 100 for the day. I'm thinking I've had closer to maybe 75 or 80.
#88 of 216 Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 AM

I did the brewer diet, and it worked well, for me. I'm 5'10" and I gained 30 lbs. DS was 9lbs, 5ozs of that!

Today I ate eggs, cheese, turkey ham and bacon on a tortilla for breakfast.

French fries, just a few,

leftover beef stroganoff for lunch

a coke and a grilled chicken sandwich for dinner

and a few peices of cheese.
and a few cups of coffee.

sigh....it hasn't been the best day in the balanced nutrition department...

DS just woke up and yarked his french fries up all over DH and himself:Puke
I hope I don't get sick from them too!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#89 of 216 Old 02-19-2008, 12:44 AM

Steak fajita and steak quesadilla. Mmmmm, so good!

#90 of 216 Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethshimon View Post
Throw up on his shoes.

That'll learn 'em.
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page