February "What Are We Eating" Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I'm assuming you know this but just in case you don't or maybe someone else doesn't, deli meat isn't a good idea when you're pg because of the bacteria it holds. That's great that you ate and kept it down though!
It wasnt the cold meat, it was the chicken bacon ranch... I dunno if that is the same cuz it was the chunks of chicken, cooked there... hmmm. I dunno lol.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 PM

For breakfast I had a couple "Froot Loops Straws" lol. Hmmm dont know how healthy those are but... they were yummy.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#123 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM

I think that's fine Maryann.

I totally forgot about that deli meat thing. I had a sandwich yesterday for lunch. Hell, I have sandwiches most days for lunch. I really question the danger of it all myself. I'll ask my MW what she thinks.
#124 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm eating pizza for lunch. I had a large glass of milk when I got up (got up late, 9:45). I know the pizza isn't healthy but it sounds and smells SO good! I need the cals so I'm telling myself it's ok to eat this crap for now.
#125 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
It wasnt the cold meat, it was the chicken bacon ranch... I dunno if that is the same cuz it was the chunks of chicken, cooked there... hmmm. I dunno lol.
Cooked is fine.

The deli meat thing came from my doula and her nutrition training with a CPM.

I think it should all be taken with a grain of salt. I think places like Subway just aren't a good idea to eat deli meat since the meat sits out, refrigerated in a very half-a$$ed fashion. I think it all depends on the quality of the meat, just like with eating undercooked steak.
#126 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM

So far today...

B - Eggs, Kashi waffles, skim milk, water

L - Chicken spaghetti(Barilla Plus) w/ spinach -yum!, skim milk, water

Not sure what snacks will be just yet...

S will be - Roast, potatoes, carrots, homemade ww bread, skim milk

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#127 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM

Well, yesterday turned out not to be the greatest day for me. I had the raisin bran for breakfast; leftover Roast beef, mashed poatoed and carrots for lunch; then for dinner I had the nastiest Hambuger Helper ever! I forced myself to eat a little, but couldn't do much. It smelled like ham & cheese, but there was no ham to be found. Ew. Anyway, I gave in and also ate a handfull of semi-sweet chocolate chips before dinner. Then after dinner I had 1/2 a kit-kat. Darn chocolate!

Today has been alright so far.

Breakfast- 1 pkg Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Lunch- 1 1/2 leftover blueberry pankackes and 3 sausage links (3!)

So far, 6 glasses of water (48 oz.)

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#128 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 05:51 PM

I ahven't been participating here because I am nto doing very good with my eating. Either I pig out or I can't stand the smell of anything, so I don't eat anythign like what I should. I'm hoping that as my nausea goes away, hopefully within the next couple months, I can do better with my food choices. Ugh, the nausea.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#129 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSomeday View Post
I ahven't been participating here because I am nto doing very good with my eating. Either I pig out or I can't stand the smell of anything, so I don't eat anythign like what I should. I'm hoping that as my nausea goes away, hopefully within the next couple months, I can do better with my food choices. Ugh, the nausea.
I feel you! Good luck!

#130 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM

Today was a little better:

Breakfast: peanut butter on whole grain toast

Second breakfast: Skipped

Elevensies: Macaroni and cheese (okay, not as good but it has protein AND folate)

Tea: Tea w/ milk

Dinner: whole milk yogurt and granola, and I think I am going to have some carrots

Supper: Curried chickpeas
#131 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like I ate like a beast today!

B: steel cut oats w/bananas & agave nectar
B2: rye toast with EB (earth balance)
L: Chinese - pint of fried rice sans egg & some Coca Cola (darn that Coca Cola, getting me like, every day!)
Snack: Luna Bar
Snack 2: 1.5 (un-frosted) strawberry poptarts
Dinner: Homemade Sub - lettuce, tomato, cukes, roasted peppers, olives, & avocado, with oil and vinegar. I'm about to go make this and I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Great food day for me, yay! Oh and I drank about 2 liters of water. Yay!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#132 of 216 Old 02-21-2008, 11:48 PM

Breakfast was *surprise, surprise* Cheerios..lol

Then lunch was a chicken sandwich that I managed to keep down(go figure)

And then for dinner I had some atomic chicken fingers, a taco salad and some fried ice cream and then promptly lost it all :sob

But I just had a slice of organic white bread from a local bakery, oh yum! I NEED A BREAD MAKER!!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#133 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 AM

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on hiker bagel

Lunch: homemade noodles & cheese sauce (mac&cheese) and carrots

Snack: sourdough baget w/olive oil & vinegar & an apple

Dinner: spinach salad w/mandarin oranges, red onion & sunflower seeds with a casodilla

Snack: Chips & guacamole

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#134 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I feel like I ate like a beast today!

B: steel cut oats w/bananas & agave nectar
B2: rye toast with EB (earth balance)
L: Chinese - pint of fried rice sans egg & some Coca Cola (darn that Coca Cola, getting me like, every day!)
Snack: Luna Bar
Snack 2: 1.5 (un-frosted) strawberry poptarts
Dinner: Homemade Sub - lettuce, tomato, cukes, roasted peppers, olives, & avocado, with oil and vinegar. I'm about to go make this and I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Great food day for me, yay! Oh and I drank about 2 liters of water. Yay!
That sounds like an awesome day. And that sub, me being carniverous and all, is making ME drool !

#135 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
But I just had a slice of organic white bread from a local bakery, oh yum! I NEED A BREAD MAKER!!!
LoL that was on my "christmas wish list" but not this year lol

#136 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 AM

For me yesterday was:

Breakfast: Bacon, 2 eggs, and a bowl of oatmeal w/ butter, peaches, spoonful of yogurt and a drizzle of honey. I couldn't finish all the oatmeal.

Snack: 16oz milk

Lunch: turkey burgers and honey baked lentils, salad

Snack: 8oz milk

Supper: Was supposed to be roast chicken but my stomach turned and the thought of touching a chicken was threatening my ability to keep from vomiting. So instead we had alfredo sauce over rice noodles, because I can always stomach making alfredo lol. And salad.

Late snack: 8oz milk.

Going to try and do better nutrition wise today, I love alfredo sauce but since I didn't use home made cream cheese it wasn't as healthy as it could have been.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#137 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Ok, yesterday was horrible. I honestly don't want to post because it wasn't good at all.

Breakfast: 1 pkg apple cinamon oatmeal
Lunch: Leftover pancakes & 3 sausage links
Snack: Several handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Dinner: Grilled cheese sandwich
Snack: 2 Thin mints (I totally wouldn't have had these if it weren't for DH.

Today is no better though...

Breakfast: Biscut & 3 peices bacon (it was so gross I didn't even want to eat it, but I was startving!)
Lunch: 1 peice Parmesan chicken (no sauce) and abou 1/2 cup fried rice
SnacK: I'm trying to hold off eating the brownie sitting next to me on the desk.

Um, who can tell that chocolate has suddenly become my weakness?

It weird because I don't even like chocolate all that much- I hardly ever eat it. And you know what sounds amazing... Chocolate Milk!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#138 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 05:31 PM

So far today-

Cheerios!

So I think I am going to change my name to CheerioPreggo! LMBO

Lunch was a slice of pizza which immediately made me gag...

Then I had a half of a turkey, ham, pickles and tomato sub.

And for dessert, I had a small blueberry pie slice and some neopolitan ice cream.

Not too bad for today!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#139 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Ham and green onion scramble for breakfast

Homemade ravioli bolognese for lunch

It seems my ms is slowly getting better. I can actually stomach things now, whereas b4 everything was repulsive!

#140 of 216 Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 PM

I need more veggies. I had no appetite today. None.

Breakfast: whole milk yogurt and granola. tea w/milk

Lunch: leftover pasta salad, chicken salad on whole grain.

Dinner: tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I'll probably snack on some carrots later too.
#141 of 216 Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 PM

So far today I've had: a breakfast sandwich (two friend eggs, one slice of cheese, english muffin), a tangerine, a CLIF bar, and a bowl of left over curried chick peas.

I think I am going to make chicken sausage, green beans, and macaroni and cheese for dinner.

I still don't have much of an appetite.
#142 of 216 Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM

Today has been crap and will continue to be crap because of the concert we're going to tonight.

We went out to lunch with DH's grandma at a buffet style restaurant. I had a couple small pieces of fried fish, a small helping of mac n cheese (not very good), a cinnamon roll, and 2 glasses of milk. Since we'll be at a concert tonight, out of town, we'll eat there. I'll probably end up with nachos and sprite, maybe Dippin' Dots.
#143 of 216 Old 02-24-2008, 06:59 PM

Well today started out good...

A scrambled tofu burrito with fresh salsa, yellow corn grits, and OJ for breakfast, but by lunch I wasn't feelin' it at all. I sat down with a plate of Whole Foods tater tots, a veggie burger on a sprouted bun, and a Vitamin Water to drink. I got as far as the tater tots and it all came back up.

Dh just came in and asked me what I wanted for dinner and I nearly chased the poor man out of the room.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#144 of 216 Old 02-24-2008, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh, today has been an AWFUL eating day. I had some cereal for breakfast, which was pretty good - then the m/s hit and I was bound to the couch for the remainder of the day in a pissy mood. I must have had at least half a bag of sour patch kids (the only thing I can eat lately), some chocolate frosting from the can, a banana (ooh, healthy, lol) and 4 or 5 pieces of veggie bacon that I FORCED myself to eat for protein.

I've had this relentless craving for a sausage biscuit after watching Supernatural the other night, (don't ask), and since I'm vegan it's not like I can just run out and get one. I've been pining to get some Gimme Lean (fake vegan sausage) and Bisquick so I can make up this delicious concoction. I just ran out to the food store all by myself to get it (yes it is almost 10 at night) and I was so pissed b/c they were out of stock of the sausage! I could have cried! There was even a spot for it but there were none in stock.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#145 of 216 Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM

CheerioPreggo checking in..lol

Guess what I had for breakfast????

No fair peeking!!!

Ok, ok...Cheerios! LOL(but DH added protein powder to my milk this morning, he is concerned about my protein intake..isn't he sweet?? )

Then I had a chicken quesadilla for lunch and then birthday cake for dinner

It's my birthday tomorrow!!!!

#146 of 216 Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!

Today for me:

B: Dutch Babies w/lemon juice and powdered sugar

S: Banana

L: Hiker bagel with spinach and melted cheese & Barbara's cheesepuffs (yum!)

S: Apple & pistachio nuts

D: Homemade pizza w/Yves fake pepperoni and wheat-based fake sausage (Another yum!!)

And drank my infusions too.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#147 of 216 Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 AM

2 Eggs and 2 Eggo waffles for breakfast
Sauteed yellow squash and zucchini for lunch
Honey Baked Pretzil Twists for snack
Stuffed venison burger (sans the bread) with mushrooms sauteed in olive oil.
What DH coined Pregnancy brownies, which was just brownie mix, peanut butter, coconut and pecans...

#148 of 216 Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM

My appetite is so unpredictable these days. I usually can eat pretty healthy early in the day, but once afternoon gets here it all goes south. I just nibble on whatever sounds good while the nausea is in full swing. Sometimes it's healthy stuff I crave, but sometimes I give in to unhealthy cravings. I'll feel a little bad about it the next day, but at the time I could care less. It's all about what will stay down at the moment. Oh well.. I know this awful nausea will pass soon. I think I'm about 9wks now, and this is usually when the yucky phase peaks for me. Typically it starts gradually decreasing around 11-12wks and is completely gone by about 16wks. So, I'm hoping just a few more weeks of the yuckies.

So far today I've had...

Breakfast-
2 poptarts(I know bad, but they sounded so good and we're out of oatmeal!)
2 fried eggs
skim milk

Lunch-
Roast, carrots, potatoes(I've been craving beef like mad lately)

Supper is going to be-
Meatloaf, baked potatoes and okra

Oh, and my oldest dd is grinding some wheat right now, so there'll be fresh homemade ww bread for snacking and supper.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#149 of 216 Old 02-25-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
CheerioPreggo checking in..lol

Guess what I had for breakfast????

No fair peeking!!!

Ok, ok...Cheerios! LOL(but DH added protein powder to my milk this morning, he is concerned about my protein intake..isn't he sweet?? )

Then I had a chicken quesadilla for lunch and then birthday cake for dinner

It's my birthday tomorrow!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! :

Well, I felt surprisingly good last night during the concert but I felt awful this morning, as if I'd been drinking! I'm a little better now but I still don't feel normal. I feel just generally uncomfortable and tired. So far today I've had:

16oz milk (that's all that sounds good!!!)
mac n cheese (yes, the bad-for-you Kraft b/c that's what DH bought)
Water
#150 of 216 Old 02-25-2008, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mamatolea - Happy Birthday!!!

Today is a No Appetite day. Here is the rundown so far:

BFast: Orange & some almonds
Lunch: Rye toast with EB margarine, some icky underripe canteloupe, chocolate soymilk
Snack: Silk Yogurt, Luna Bar

I think I'm going to make cupcakes tonight. We shall see.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page