Omg these hormones - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 02-09-2008, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This evening as we're preparing to make dinner, DS pulled the chair up to the sink to wash his hands. DP made some funny comment about it, I don't even remember what, just something random about DS climbing on things. I started laughing - then crying while laughing - not crying from laughing, just crying and laughing at the same time. : I couldn't stop! I was NEVER like this while pg with DS.

DP is going to go crazy before 9 months are up.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#2 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 02:00 AM

I completely understand. I was watching reruns of Full House this week and bawling. Stupid hormones. Not to mention, my skin is totally freaking out. I've never had great skin but it was under control until this cycle. I'm trying not to curse the hormones too much because they're supporting the bean!
#3 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 02:31 AM

I cried last night while reading a Pocket for Corduroy. It was SO sad/happy that Lisa sewed a pocket onto Corduroy's pants after he'd gone missing looking for a pocket. I am SUCH a hormonal mess!
#4 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, the kids books get me every time. DS is obsessed with Horton Hatches The Egg right now. And the storyline is a lot like DP's role with DS in comparison to my ex. So you can imagine how much it makes me tear up when I get to the end of the story....

#5 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 12:58 PM

^ "Love You Forever" is the one that gets me. Oh my, that one makes me cry when I'm not pg!!!
#6 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 02:09 PM

I finally told my youngest the other day and he has been wanting to "kiss the baby" all the time~~ I'm tearing up right now even thinking about it...
He's been my "baby" for the last 8 yrs and the idea of him being a "big brother" is still absolutely wild to me...

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#7 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh...you are sooooo having a girl!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#8 of 26 Old 02-10-2008, 04:01 PM

I cried just today twice, watching Stardust at the end when they are both stars in the sky and then listening to Carrie Underwood's new song American Girl lol. It was rediculous!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#9 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
^ "Love You Forever" is the one that gets me. Oh my, that one makes me cry when I'm not pg!!!
:

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#10 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 04:12 PM

I wish I was teary. That's a little easier to explain. I'm snappy and irritable. I try so hard not to be impatient, but it just sneaks out. I hate being impatient with dd especially. Dh understands at least. That doesn't excuse it, of course, but at least he knows where it's coming from. Dd is probably wondering where her "real" mommy went. Sometimes I just have to walk into another room and whisper my rant. !@#$&!

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#11 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM

I cried this weekend when I thought my husband made me breakfast, but it turned out that he made his own breakfast, and didn't bother making any for me
#12 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM

I dare you ALL to try to make it through "Charlotte's Web" (the movie-new version) without crying your eyes out
#13 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccrunchymama View Post
I wish I was teary. That's a little easier to explain. I'm snappy and irritable. I try so hard not to be impatient, but it just sneaks out. I hate being impatient with dd especially. Dh understands at least. That doesn't excuse it, of course, but at least he knows where it's coming from. Dd is probably wondering where her "real" mommy went. Sometimes I just have to walk into another room and whisper my rant. !@#$&!
This is me! I was so sappy with my first pregnancy, but I am not at all this time. I'm crankier and meaner.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#14 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

I understand! I'm a witch one minute and crying the next. I cried during a mutual fund ad yesterday. DH looked at me and asked "What's wrong." All I could say was "It's just so nice that that lady was nice to the other man." WHAT??!? I don't even remember what the ad was about anymore.
#15 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 PM

I have noticed a pattern for me, personally. When I am pregnant with a boy, I am irritable and impatient. When I am pregnant with a girl, I am sappy and cry over everything.
#16 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccrunchymama View Post
I wish I was teary. That's a little easier to explain. I'm snappy and irritable. I try so hard not to be impatient, but it just sneaks out.
OMG. I came in here just to say this same thing. I feel like a jerk and I can't help it!

It doesn't help when people call me out on it either. The one girl at work (who I told about the pregnancy) is being so difficult, that I had to tell her to stop making comments about my mood. I know I'm not the most pleasant person to be around right now, but damnit, stop saying things like, "Do you know you're cranky today?" b/c that srsly drives me up the WALL.

On the other hand, I weep and sob at songs on the radio, commercials on TV, and dramatic TV shows.

Dreams, what does that mean for me?! Please don't tell me that means there's one of each in there!!! :

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#17 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

im weepy and bitchy! argh!
#18 of 26 Old 02-11-2008, 11:01 PM

wanna get the waterworks going??
click on my name in my siggie...spend a few minutes checking out the songs I put into a playlist for my myspace profile
I pretty much the whole time i was making it....but it's pretty...

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#19 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_angel View Post
wanna get the waterworks going??
click on my name in my siggie...spend a few minutes checking out the songs I put into a playlist for my myspace profile
I pretty much the whole time i was making it....but it's pretty...
Oh man, you have some doozies on there. Ready, Set, Don't Go is one of my favorite songs and I've been bawling through it the past few days. I can't get over it. It's just gets me right in the heart! I even have the lyrics on my myspace. Love that Miley Cyrus.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#20 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 AM

I just cried during an episode of Monk! And my DH thinks something is seriously wrong with me because I think the card I got for my parents is hilarious and he says it's not. I don't know what to say. It's a really funny card.

And what is going on with my face? Really, I'm 28 and my face is this greasy? I feel like I'm 14 again!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#21 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Banned

omg my face has been breaking out left and right. its horrible!
#22 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

I've gotten a break from the face issues thank goodness. As a normal part of my cycle, at almost 27 years old, I still get greasy face and a couple pimples when AF is getting ready to show... so I'll thankfully take a break from that!

#23 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 AM

My face has actually cleared up in the last week, where the two weeks before it was horrible. With my first pregnancy it was terrible!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#24 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 AM

My skin is a nightmare. I don't have good skin to begin with but have always been able to keep it clear with ProActiv. Not anymore! I've really been trying to be diligent with my skin care regimin and I think it's finally getting a little bit better. I haven't had issues on my chest/shoulders/back since high school and it's back! UGH. I'll be so glad when I can wean off of this progesterone cream because I think it will really help my skin.
#25 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Oh man, you have some doozies on there. Ready, Set, Don't Go is one of my favorite songs and I've been bawling through it the past few days. I can't get over it. It's just gets me right in the heart! I even have the lyrics on my myspace. Love that Miley Cyrus.
Yeah...that one gets me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME...
it doesn't help that my oldest turns 16 this weekend~~
It is so bizarre to have a child that close to being "grown up" and to be starting all over again with this one~~
I become a complete mess just thinking about me 1st "baby" being old enough to drive...and now i'm crying again... geeeeez....

#26 of 26 Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM

OMG I cried twice over Sophie's Masterpiece last night. Do NOT check out Sophie's Masterpiece for your child if you're pregnant! OMG. Bawled. And yet, I feel an odd pull to read it again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page