Weekly chit chat: 2/10 - 2/16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, it's already time to start another thread! If I can make it without passing out from exhaustion today our plans are to head to the beach after church. (Benefits of living in Florida.) I make no promises to myself regarding a perfectly presented dinner tonight. In fact last night we ate leftovers, in front of the tv! We don't watch much tv in general but we all love this show Ninja Warrior, a bunch of people competing to finish this four level course where you need almost inhuman strength, agility, and sheer force of will. Hey, I'm not complaining, it is due in large part to this show that my child who doesn't really like to be active has been switching that tendency and becoming quite the participant at the park.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM

happy week, everyone!

I'm starting to feel more -or new- symptoms... seems like my doctor's promise of morning sickness is starting to be fulfilled, and the waves of exhaustion continue. I'm savoring it all.

I spent quite some time yesterday reading about twins and twin pregnancies, and wow... it was pretty humbling! I'm moving from PA to Portland, OR in May, and now I'm concerned about how big I'll already be!! So amazing. I was planning to rent a place there for a couple of years and then buy a house, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just try to get into a house before the twins arrive. I'm going to be parenting on my own! Anyway, it's all very exciting. I'm so grateful to be facing all of these questions... it's been a long road to get to this point.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 02-10-2008, 02:20 PM

I have more energy today than I've had all week so I'm going to take advantage of it and workout. I've got some new workouts I want to do.

We also need to go to the grocery store today. Terribly exciting, I know. And, I have to go to the mall to drop off a floor length formal to be hemmed. We're going to the Red Ball this Friday in support of the American Heart Association. Feb is Heart Health Month. It's black tie so I get to dress up one more time before I get fat! DH has to wear a tux! HOT! I need to go to the bookstore too and stock up on some books about prenatal fitness since I haven't needed to educated myself too much on that in my job yet. Now sounds like a good time! Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 PM

Subbing... Not much going on here. Took the kids out for pancakes so DH could sleep in. Doesn't happen often.

Ok, well someone needs wiped. bbl
Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Hi Girls! Can't believe it's been another week!

I finally told somebody today! I told my best friend in the whole world, and she is so super happy for us! She actually shed a tear, lol! I went to her apt this afternoon, and I'm so glad I was actually feeling GOOD today (not too tired, no nausea to speak of) and as soon as she let me in, I couldn't hold it in any longer and I told her the "real" reason for my visit! We went out to dinner and I could actually EAT for a change (though not much, but I did eat something) so that was nice. AHHH! It definitely makes it more real to have someone know!

As for other news, we picked out a nice paint color for our dining room (it's like a dark red), got some crown molding for the living room, picked up some tile to do the backsplash in the kitchen, and did a few odd jobs around the house. I've got laundry in now (woo hoo) and Chris is out at a martial arts defense class. He's going to be going every Sunday for the next 5 weeks.

Probably going to take my 6 week belly pic tonight! Can't wait to see the changes!

Alright, I'm off to find food. TTYL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Well, we didn't make it to church today, ds woke up with a cough bad enough to keep him out of his playgroup. We went househunting instead. Drove around for 3 hours checking up on the ones we liked off the mls listings. Two of the ones we liked the best had contracts pending... but there's one I'm going to make an appointment to see. From peering in the windows it looks nice inside and it has a nice backyard with the privacy fence that is such a big deal to me. Best of all, the asking price is affordable, our lending amount went down with this surprise little one since I'll not be working out of the home for the first 18 months - 2 years.

We didn't make it to the beach, either! It was way too windy so we did the park instead. Ah well...

Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Hi Girls! Can't believe it's been another week!

I finally told somebody today! I told my best friend in the whole world, and she is so super happy for us! She actually shed a tear, lol! I went to her apt this afternoon, and I'm so glad I was actually feeling GOOD today (not too tired, no nausea to speak of) and as soon as she let me in, I couldn't hold it in any longer and I told her the "real" reason for my visit! We went out to dinner and I could actually EAT for a change (though not much, but I did eat something) so that was nice. AHHH! It definitely makes it more real to have someone know!

As for other news, we picked out a nice paint color for our dining room (it's like a dark red), got some crown molding for the living room, picked up some tile to do the backsplash in the kitchen, and did a few odd jobs around the house. I've got laundry in now (woo hoo) and Chris is out at a martial arts defense class. He's going to be going every Sunday for the next 5 weeks.

Probably going to take my 6 week belly pic tonight! Can't wait to see the changes!

Alright, I'm off to find food. TTYL!
It had to be fun telling someone.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:57 AM

New here, not much to report since I just found out yesterday. I did take another test today since hubby is in denial. He says the first TWO tests were 'too light' because they were lighter than the control line.LOL Surprise surprise, still pg.

so far so good, no symptoms besides my sinusitis which went down considerably since yesterday. Now i'm pretty much just stuffy with a raw red nose from blowing my nose so much

Look forward to chatting with you all on our journey

by the way, Celeste, what made you feel you had twins? Intuition? or did m/s or other symptoms give you a clue? I admit, I was kinda surprised to see you coudl find out so early. *shrugs*

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 AM

Tomorrow Im in for another HCG level if it doubles we are good to go Wish me luck. This is the most unexpected thing and Im still in shock.

But I do want to know why if your boobs are majorly sore a 4 yr old MUST grind his little elbow into them to heave him self out of the chair where he is sitting beside you :

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 02-11-2008, 02:04 AM

Today we spent most of the day at my parents house. It was nice, msotly. I'm a little frustrated that they aren't happier. instead of saying nice things, I jsut keep hearing about what I can't do, I can't eat, etc. All engatives, no positives. Hopefully, this will change relatively soon or I am sure I will flip out one day and tell them how much it is upsetting me. Ugh.

Plans for this week include finding a midwife, going grocery shopping, not throwing up, getting rid of this persistant cough so I can finally get more than a few hours of sleep and relishing in my own little happy pregnant world.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
Old 02-11-2008, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today was the day from hell. We took the kids out for DD's birthday pics and everyone was going insane, running, screaming, etc. They were overbooked so even though we had an appointment we had to wait 40 minutes to get in and then none of the kids would cooperate so DD and I took pictures alone. We got one that is so beautiful and sweet I cried over it. Then we had another hour and a half wait to get our pics when they said it would be 15 minutes, the kids were freaking, I was starving and feeling faint, it was awful. Remind me never to do that again.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
Tomorrow Im in for another HCG level if it doubles we are good to go Wish me luck. This is the most unexpected thing and Im still in shock.

But I do want to know why if your boobs are majorly sore a 4 yr old MUST grind his little elbow into them to heave him self out of the chair where he is sitting beside you :
Good luck on the test!

Oh, yep DS has also decided my boobs make a good pushing off point for his elbow. He doesn't get why I yelp in pain every time!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Today was the day from hell. We took the kids out for DD's birthday pics and everyone was going insane, running, screaming, etc. They were overbooked so even though we had an appointment we had to wait 40 minutes to get in and then none of the kids would cooperate so DD and I took pictures alone. We got one that is so beautiful and sweet I cried over it. Then we had another hour and a half wait to get our pics when they said it would be 15 minutes, the kids were freaking, I was starving and feeling faint, it was awful. Remind me never to do that again.

Oh, I sympathize. That is exactly what our session is like every time my mother decides she has to get her children and grandchildren together for portraits. It's actually almost comical to look at a serene looking photo and remember the chaos surrounding that one second pose.

I'm glad you got a really good shot in there!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

we went up north (northern NH) for the weekend and just chilled out. the place up there is far far away from everything so its nice to just get away.

my partner's BIL passed away on Sunday and so we are going to have to see his extended family this weekend for the funeral. we werent expecting to see them until Easter adn were planning on telling them then..and i so do NOT want them finding out we are pregnant at a funeral so i dont know what to do. i already look pregnant! seriously! im really wondering if we are having twins. w/ the nausea and the tiredness, im not sure one of the women wont pick up on it....

its so sad too...SIL and BIL were together for close to 40 years but he was only 57 (the met freshman year in college). itsjust sooo sad....their children are grown (the youngest is at a great prep school and doesnt live at home..he's 17). i cant imagine losing a partner after that many years, plus SIL is still pretty young too.

so that is going to be the focus on my week...when we go back to VT.

school vacation for ds2 begins Wed. so it will be nice for him to be home. i cant wait to homeschool my smaller ones! lol!

feeling tired. nursing is getting easier. feel nauseous but not vomiting.

and i really really need some pants! lol!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 PM

6 weeks today! That's an exciting little milestone. I'm going to have a gyro for lunch. I DREAM of chicken gyros.

We spent the weekend tossing around names and thinking about diapers. Awww! I'm going this week to pick up around 2 dozen fitted thirsties. I'm knitting a wooly wonders wonderbag right now. It's coming along beautifully. It's the most god awful boring thing you could imagine knitting...but it's cute as a button. I'm making it in pink. I could swear this baby is a girl. Luckily, I think we've decided on a name, or 2, for each gender. I'm planning for a girl so I imagine I'll be stunned if it's a boy. I do adore boys though. I think they're soooooo much easier than girls. All the girls in my family are high strung and out boys are relaxed and laid back. I enjoyed my boy more than I can explain. He makes me want a thousand babies just like him.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Hi! I'm going to join you all if you don't mind. I'm about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with child number 2. We told the grandparents yesterday - so much fun They are super excited. I'm going to call my midwife later this week to find out when she likes to start prenatals. Last pregnancy, I saw an OB until I was 33 weeks prego, and then decided that the hospital was just not for me! I am so excited to see a midwife from the beginning this time!
Nice to meet you all! And congrats on the babies!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:56 PM

hey all. I'm new here... just found out this morning. baby #8 will arrive around 10/19. it will 6 yrs since I had my last, so i'm kinda starting over. having a few more symptoms...like nausea off and on and my boobs are getting more tender. Other than being tired all the time, I'm doing alright.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

welcome to the new ppl! this group is going to be huge! thats so awesome!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Wow, I've been offline for about 4 days, and this place has exploded! Welcome to the new pregnant girls! I love logging on and seeing who just took a pregnancy test.

I've been gone helping my grandma go back and forth from the hospital to see my grandpa. He has congestive heart failure, kidney failure, pneumonia, and diabetes that is acting up. Amazingly enough, he's coming home today! I sure hope I inherit those genes. He just won't quit.

My hubby doesn't want to tell ANYONE about the pregnancy. I feel like it's all just pretend and I'm not reaaaaally pregnant. I need to get good and sick, then we'll have to tell people! grumble grumble.

On an up note, I am in love with chocolate milk. When nothing else sounds good, chocolate milk to the rescue!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 PM

mmmm...chocolate milk! With my previous pg's I used to wake up around 3 a.m. and make some toast with jam w/ a glass of chocolate milk. soooooo good!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

chocolate milk!!! I have already had 2 mugs full. It's my sweet indulgence
Old 02-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Jut got the call my hcg is up to 900 ( from 245 on Friday) ::::::

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM

yay!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 6 weeks today!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM

hey, me too! according to my doc. I thought I was 4 days later, but I caved to my emotional need to know and got an ultrasound that dated me exactly 6 weeks today! woohoo!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 PM

Hi all! Hope you all had a good day...

Welcome to all the new friends!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
by the way, Celeste, what made you feel you had twins? Intuition? or did m/s or other symptoms give you a clue? I admit, I was kinda surprised to see you coudl find out so early. *shrugs*
Hi there, and welcome! I'm a victor over 8 years of fertility issues! I was doing fertility treatment, so I'm very closely monitored. I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks, and it showed one perfect embie, but last week when I went in, there were TWO with hearts beating perfectly. They're measuring ahead of the norm!

Quote:
Jut got the call my hcg is up to 900 ( from 245 on Friday)
How many DPO were you with your first HCG?? Those are awesome numbers!!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post

How many DPO were you with your first HCG?? Those are awesome numbers!!

Im not to sure. This is way unexpected. LMP was 1/9 my cycle is usually 29 days I usually O late in the month. Im guessing about 15dpo and 18dpo. If I hadnt gotten an occular migraine I wouldnt have even looked at the calendar to see I was due ( I always spot a day or 2 prior to my af )

Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Im not to sure. This is way unexpected. LMP was 1/9 my cycle is usually 29 days I usually O late in the month. Im guessing about 15dpo and 18dpo. If I hadnt gotten an occular migraine I wouldnt have even looked at the calendar to see I was due ( I always spot a day or 2 prior to my af )
I'm so used to knowing exactly when everything's happening, it's magical to think about not knowing! I'm thrilled for you - how are you feeling so far?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Jut got the call my hcg is up to 900 ( from 245 on Friday) ::::::
Woohoo!! So glad to hear that!! Best news I've heard all day!

I've have a weekend of Blessingways. One of my friends had hers on Saturday and I threw one for my bf yesterday. The pics are in this thread if ya wanna check them out. I celebrating preggo mamas!!

Other than that I'm just tired.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi to all the new mamas, and celesterra, great news on your numbers.

I had a good day yesterday but I never even left the house. I did get the gumption to do my workout routine, and the rest of the day I spent catching up on schoolwork and laundry. Laundry is the first chore I slack on when I don't feel well, and the exhaustion has really kept me from caring.

Last pregnancy I lived off of chocolate milk - in fact, I drank it all morning like coffee. So good....

User Tag List