Spotting again? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Prayers please.

I had spotting for the exact 5 days when my period should've been right after my BFP. It didn't worry me because it was definitely brown and very watery since it was mixed with lots of CM. Plus, I knew it was normal since that's when my period was supposed to be.

Well, I've got more spotting that just started. I haven't seen any spotting since those first 5 days so it's worrying me. It's not bright red but it's not as brown as the first spotting was. It's still really watery, no clots or anything. Just, please, if you could think some sticky thoughts for my baby I'd really appreciate it. I know spotting in the first tri can be very normal so I'm hoping that's all this is. Maybe it's because I had that little anxiety attack yesterday so my body is stressed? *sigh* I can't get ahold of my doula to help ease my mind.
#2 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 01:36 PM

If you're not feeling crampy or a loss of pg symptoms, I'd try not to worry for now. Did you have sex last night? Sometimes that can irritate the cervix.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#3 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 PM

I'm thinking of you and hoping it's nothing. Rest and try not to stress. Take a nap if you can. Definitely no classes today if at all possible.
#4 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

^Thanks. No cramping just feeling crappy b/c of m/s. I'm definitely hoping that's a good sign. We didn't have sex last night. I wish we had (my drive is crazy right now!) but DH had oral surgery day before yesterday so he's not up for much right now. I could sure use the stress relief it provides!
#5 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM

I agree. Try not to worry. It won't help and you'll just make yourself nuts. FWIW, in my first pregnancy, for the first three months, I had spotting for a few days whenever it would be time for a period. Totally freaked me out the first time. But everything went fine. And brown blood is old blood, so it's not active bleeding. Bright red blood is more concerning. Even though mine wasn't triggered by sex either, I did call a halt to any more sex in the first trimester just in case, but I was so sick I didn't really want it anyway.
Sending :for a

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#6 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Hey Tara, I'm sending lots of good sticky vibes your way. Try not to worry, try to take your mind off of it - easier said than done, I know. Maybe try to take it easy for a little whille. When I was spotting, I just put my feet up and watched tv for the night, no exercise, no running around, no nothing. Feel better, and just try to think positive happy thoughts. Big hugs!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I just had a BM and thought there would be more spotting but there wasn't so that's got to be good. I'm really trying not to worry but it's definitely easier said than done. I've been laying on the couch watching TV and re-reading Gentle Birth Choices. It's definitely easing my mind to read such a positive book. I've also been talking to my baby. It helps. Thank goodness I'm not scheduled to teach any classest today! Also, my evening personal training client cancelled because she had pink eye. So, no responsibilities today at all. *phew* Maybe my body just needs a break. Thanks again.....
#8 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 PM

Im so sorry and as so many said, try not to let it eat at you, and just take it easy for now... Sending lots of : your way

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#9 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM

I had some very light brownish spotting over the weekend too. It happened after I'd been running the day before, so I think maybe it was due to that. I also had a day or so of light watery bleeding a couple of weeks before I got a bfp that I've been assuming was from implantation? This spotting business is unnerving, but it sounds like it's normal for some people. I think the fact that you have m/s is a very good sign.

I hope you can take it easy today and can avoid working out/teaching classes till this eases up.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#10 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

^I just looked at my schedule and with the exception of the meet and greet appts with the OB and CNM tomorrow, I have nothing until Monday. I'm going to enjoy the break. You all do such a great job of making everyone feel better. I'm so blessed to have this resource.
#11 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 03:40 PM

Sending lots of sticky thoughts your way!! So glad you can relax until Monday.
#12 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Praying for you and the babe. I have to agree with nccrunchymama about the brown vs red blood....

Given the amount of activity you do, your body may be a bit tired. Enjoy the rest. And post away if you need more support!
#13 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGirlVA View Post
Praying for you and the babe. I have to agree with nccrunchymama about the brown vs red blood....

Given the amount of activity you do, your body may be a bit tired. Enjoy the rest. And post away if you need more support!
My thoughts exactly. I think it's my body saying, "don't you know you're pg? You need to chill the he!! out for a bit!"
#14 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM

I'll be sending good vibes your way!

Jenn Partner to Chad, Mommy to Austin (9) & Cameron (4), and Stepmom to Dakota (11)
#15 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 05:53 PM

I'll be sending thoughts your way. And I agree with everyone who advised slowing down a bit. And don't forget to eat enough. You are so active you might need even more nutrients than the average person.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#16 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head, Tara, you're body is telling you to take it easy. It can be hard for us 1st timers (or anyone really) to realize just how much work our bodies are doing right now even though we can't see it or feel it. I hate the stereotypical "Should you be doing that in your condition?!?" type of thing, but to some extent it is true. We need to be taking extra good care of ourselves, getting lots of rest, and eating really well. And while I think lots of us like to think we can still do everything we could before, for some people we do need to cut down. And it's a good thing, not a bad one.

A good friend and current doula client has had issues with cramping/contractions and bright red spotting her whole pregnancy and has had some issues with refusing to slow down or try to accommodate a new lifestyle now that she's pg. (Not saying you or anyone is doing that, it was just her thing) Finally, at 30 wks, her doc told her she could only work part time after numerous bed rest stints... and almost immediately all her contractions and spotting has stopped and she actually feels GOOD.

Anyways, sending good positive relaxing and sticky baby vibes your way!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#17 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head, Tara, you're body is telling you to take it easy. It can be hard for us 1st timers (or anyone really) to realize just how much work our bodies are doing right now even though we can't see it or feel it. I hate the stereotypical "Should you be doing that in your condition?!?" type of thing, but to some extent it is true. We need to be taking extra good care of ourselves, getting lots of rest, and eating really well. And while I think lots of us like to think we can still do everything we could before, for some people we do need to cut down. And it's a good thing, not a bad one.

A good friend and current doula client has had issues with cramping/contractions and bright red spotting her whole pregnancy and has had some issues with refusing to slow down or try to accommodate a new lifestyle now that she's pg. (Not saying you or anyone is doing that, it was just her thing) Finally, at 30 wks, her doc told her she could only work part time after numerous bed rest stints... and almost immediately all her contractions and spotting has stopped and she actually feels GOOD.

Anyways, sending good positive relaxing and sticky baby vibes your way!
Thank you for this! I've been trying to stay away from using my pregnancy as an excuse for not being able to do anything so I think my body is forcing me to slow down. Maybe it's time for me to cue some of my classes without actively participating. I haven't told any of my students or dept managers though so I've been hesitant to do that.
#18 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM

i'm thinking of you and sending you LOTS of sticky sticky vibes.
#19 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM

How have things progressed, Tara? Have you spoken to the doula? Have you stopped spotting? I've been thinking about you all day...

My name, ironically, is Tara....you'd never know by my screen name, though.
#20 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still spotting but it's just like the spotting I had right after my BFP. Brownish and paired with a lot of CM. My stomach feels unsettled and I can't tell if it's cramping or just because I haven't eaten enough. It's a cramping feeling but it doesn't really feel "dooming".....it feels like it's ok. Does that make sense? It comes and goes with no pattern at all and isn't dibilitating. Uncomfortable, yes, but not to the point that I can't function. My period cramps are way worse than this. I'd defnitely be more worried if the spotting were bright red or the "cramping" was severe. I think maybe this is just my body's version of m/s. I guess we'll see over the next few days. If it were bad, how quickly would it progress? A couple days? A couple weeks?
#21 of 27 Old 02-21-2008, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGirlVA View Post
How have things progressed, Tara? Have you spoken to the doula? Have you stopped spotting? I've been thinking about you all day...

My name, ironically, is Tara....you'd never know by my screen name, though.
No, I haven't spoken to my doula yet. Well, she emailed today me to let me know her kids have hidden her phone and it has yet to be found. A normal day in the life of a SAHM with 3 and 1 on the way! I emailed her back about the spotting but I haven't heard back. Thanks for thinking of me...

Tara, wow! That's very strange! I don't come across many Tara's.
#22 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Just jumping in with tons of sticky thoughts.... keep taking it easy.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#23 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

I talked to my doula. She said that when the placenta forms during this time, it's not uncommon to see spotting from that. I hope that's all this is. The cramping is pretty well gone this morning, especially now that I've had a huge glass of milk. She said the cramping is probably related more to my stretching uterus since the spotting isn't red. Thank God I have her.....she's so reassuring but not falsely reassuring. Does that make sense? Thanks for thinking about me everyone. I'm convinced it helps. The power of women's positive thinking is extreme.
#24 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Still thinkg of you and your sweet babe (((Tara)))!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#25 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Continuing to think about you. Hope you can have a nice relaxing weekend!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#26 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 PM

I'm coming a little late here, but I really hope everything is fine for you. With my 3rd I had brown (with touches of pink every so often) for 2 months. It was awful and nerve wracking. I thought for sure I had lost the baby, but, all was well, she was perfectly healthy.
#27 of 27 Old 02-22-2008, 05:53 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm thinking nice, sticky baby thoughts for you right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page