Weekly chit chat 2/24-3/1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The whole being seperated from my baby thing is a huge reason why I have homebirths. There is no way I would be able to stand someone whisking my baby away for no reason for hours.
The whole drying baby thing, after both of my homebirths, there was no drying or vigorous rubbing of the baby at all and trust me, they did not get cold. Skin to skin with mama and a blanket over baby was plenty.
#62 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM

Well, I went in a day early for my ultrasound. It's NOT twins!!! Just one baby. I didn't really see a heartbeat because it was moving SOOO much! The MW said that's really just as good. She could only see one baby but couldn't see well and said she couldn't say for sure that it was inside my uterus. Freaky. So I'm going back in 2 weeks to make sure that it's where it should be.

Wooohoo! Only one baby is good news!
#63 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 05:32 PM

When DS was born, it was supposed to happen in a birth center where he never left my side. Instead, the birth center was completely full (never doubt that hurricanes bring on labor, this was RIGHT after Charlie) and I was coerced into going to the hospital where they let me have DS on my chest for a minute and then when I was about to nurse him, they took him away from me to put him under a warming lamp in the nursery. With me yelling at them the whole time that my baby wasn't supposed to leave the room and if they gave him a bottle I would sue... this time around I want NO chances of something like that happening. I still have to pick a midwife, though! Too much has been going on, I haven't even focused on that and it's a pretty important something to focus on!

I got my first bit of nb stash in the mail yesterday... about ten dyed preemie pfs and a couple nb size wool pants that are pretty neutral. They are so tiny, I love it! I checked my stash left over from DS and founds some Mutts and a couple other one size dipes I'll be able to use, as well as a couple small covers. I have ten infant pfs, a cover, one more fitted, and 3 small pocket dipes on their way as well that I'll use when out and about with both kiddos by myself. I'd like to round off the stash with maybe 12 Kissaluvs and several more covers. I'm also still attempting to learn to knit so I can make some soakers, but the ms has really gotten the better of me there.

Babycakes, glad the us went well! And Tara, I bet it's a load off your mind to have some people "in the know" at work.

I'm with everyone else, can't wait for the 1st trimester (and therefore the ms) to be over!!!!!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#64 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 05:33 PM

One baby! Yay! Isn't it funny how one baby is so incredibly awesome and exciting, but for most of us, two babies is a panic attack? I have twin brothers, I know all about twins, and please, Lord, give me lots of kids...one at a time!!!
#65 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Jord - Yay for having only one baby in there! Chris and I were incredibly relieved to see one baby as well. HUGE relief!

I wish NJ had birth centers. But honestly, I'm comfortable with what the hospital needs to do. I'm doing my best to be flexible and not be difficult just for difficult's sake, because if I start stressing now then it's no good for anyone involved!

Tara - feel better, babe. I'm glad you finally told someone at work, it will make you a lot less stressed!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#66 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 PM

Jord- congrats on your first ultrasound! They are so amazing, aren't they?

We're going to meet with the family practice doctor tomorrow, trying for a natural hospital birth. Cross your fingers for us!
#67 of 127 Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM

It's been a rough, rough week so far, and so very little has to do with this pregnancy. Though the fatigue has hit me pretty hard, I'm still m/s free and the boobs are only tingly, not terribly painful. I'm just waiting though, usually by six weeks I can't sleep without a bra. Even then, it hurts to move.

DS broke his arm on Sunday night, just above the elbow. After the ER actually SENT US HOME without doing surgery, we finally got it done last night and the surgeon was furious that we'd been kept waiting almost 48 hours before repairing the damage. Unfortunately, he couldn't get it back 100%, the break was just so ragged. So three pins later, an overnight hospital stay (DANG, those fold-out chairs are uncomfortable!), and one temporary splint later, we're back home. DS is a trooper and he's already running around playing like he's not down one arm for a month. It is going to be one LONG month.

I'll be calling my MW tomorrow to get in for an appointment. After the m/c, she wanted to see me before week 6, just to make sure everything is as it should be. Not sure if that will involve u/s or just blood/urine work, but whatever, I'm up for it. DS is so excited for a sibling, though he wants a baby brother and a baby sister at the same time. I wouldn't complain (too much...), but I'll be just fine with a singleton taking up residency in my uterus, thank.you.very.much. DS decided 5 weeks early was the perfect time to make his arrival, I can only imagine how early two would come!
#68 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 AM

faerie that is awful, my first son was taken away to be suctioned and then taken to another room for monitoring and it still bugs me to this day. My second was on my chest for two hours till I was ready to let him go.....
#69 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
Since I'm due so late in the month (Oct. 26), I feel like I am so far behind the rest of you! My first midwife appointment isn't until March 27, which seems like an eternity away! This is also my first pregnancy, so I keep wondering if everything is okay and progressing as it should. *sigh* I just have to keep waiting...

I am due the 27th with my first! I feel so far behing everyone too, its hard to be patient. I don't even have an appointment with the midwife yet. Well, Tuesday Dh and I are meeting her for a consultation so Dh can feel more comfortable about a HB, but no actual APPOINTMENTS. *sigh*

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 bikenew.gif,  DS2 jog.gif, missing our angel.gif, and another babyf.gif on the way!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 belly.gif23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#70 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Well, I went in a day early for my ultrasound. It's NOT twins!!! Just one baby. I didn't really see a heartbeat because it was moving SOOO much! The MW said that's really just as good. She could only see one baby but couldn't see well and said she couldn't say for sure that it was inside my uterus. Freaky. So I'm going back in 2 weeks to make sure that it's where it should be.

Wooohoo! Only one baby is good news!
One baby! YAY! I'll be sure to think of you lots and hope the little bean is where it's supposed to be.

Well, DH told everyone at work yesterday that we're pg. We had to. I teach a class there and the new session was supposed to start this coming Monday and I'm not going to be able to physically teach it. But, in order to cancel it, we had to tell them why. I didn't want to tell but we had to out of necessity. It's ok. Everyone was very excited! I just told DH that if the worst were to happen, he'd have to tell everyone and be sure they didn't talk to me about it. He works with my Mom and she said that he was absolutely glowing telling everyone. She said it reminded her of the way he looked on our wedding day. Oh how I love this man......
#71 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
He works with my Mom and she said that he was absolutely glowing telling everyone. She said it reminded her of the way he looked on our wedding day. Oh how I love this man......
It could be hormones, but that seriously brought tears to my eyes. How genuinely sweet!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#72 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
It could be hormones, but that seriously brought tears to my eyes. How genuinely sweet!
Mine too.....everything makes me cry too. But, I remember the exact look she's talking about and it's a moment that will pierce my heart forever. I'll find a pic of it and post it......my photographers caught it.
#73 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Is it just me or can you not stop yawning either?

So cute Tara!
#74 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 08:52 PM

DH seeing me on our wedding day

You can see the tears in his eyes in the 2nd pic....
#75 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM

Awwww! Thanks for sharing.
#76 of 127 Old 02-28-2008, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

I am soooo tired today. I didn't get even close to enough rest last night and I am paying for it bigtime now. Ugh.
#77 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM

I love my new doctor!

DH and I went to meet a family practice doc this evening. She's awesome...really open to natural birth, even suggesting a doula and alternative pain management methods. Also, if you are her patient, she will be at the labor, no "on call" doctors! I'm so excited!
#78 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 AM

Wow, that's nice. Good for you!

DiD- I feel ya. I am freaking exhausted.

I'm feeling that it's not so fair that I puked like 5 times with nothing on my stomach today and as soon as I had a nice, fattening dinner the nausea went away.
#79 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Knock on wood but I have yet to puke. I've come close a time or two but my morning sickness actually seems to be giving me a break during the day. I get hit hard at night but I'll take it, because at night I'm usually alone and can just lay down and wait for it to pass.
#80 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 01:23 PM

^ I haven't actually puked yet either. Knock on wood. I have come VERY close though, and that isn't pretty either.

We got our new bedroom set delivered today - at the buttcrack of dawn. I had to get up at 6 am. The window for delivery was b/w 6:30 - 9:30 am - They showed up at 7! It was rough, but they came and delivered it and it looks great! So exciting, I love new furniture!

Nauseous today, like usual. I am really excited/nervous about telling family this weekend. Am I really ready for everyone to know? As much as I hate keeping it a secret, once it's out, it's out, you know? I'm still really excited about it and can't wait to tell my in-laws. They are going to be so suprised...They think we're coming over to discuss plans for DH's birthday next week. Aren't they in for a shock!

9 weeks today, everyone! Yippee!

#81 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 PM

If you're not ready, that's ok. Keep it your own for a while if you want to.

New furniture is fun. I was just shopping online for a moses basket. My sister offered me hers but it's boyish and I'm feeling girly for sure. Guess I'll wait and see. If it's a boy, it's perfect.
#82 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM

Well last night wasn't a good night for me. I was puking most of the night. I finally passed out around 9 ish and slept hard all night. YEAH! i had a tough time draggin myself out of bed this morning but managed to get ready for work and the kids out the door for school. I'm still soooooooooo tired. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#83 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM

I think we're ready to tell, it's just going to be different not having it as a secret. I worry that if I wait much longer, my Mom might actually get ... I dunno, not insulted ... but she might be peeved that I didn't tell her sooner. I must still have issues or something, who knows - but no, we are definitely ready to tell!

Sleeping in sounds SOOOOOO good right now. I hope I can stay in bed past 9. These past few weekends I've had to get up b/c I was either starving or just couldn't sleep another wink.

#84 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
New furniture is fun. I was just shopping online for a moses basket. My sister offered me hers but it's boyish and I'm feeling girly for sure. Guess I'll wait and see. If it's a boy, it's perfect.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one shopping for a moses basket this early! I really want an organic one, but they all seem to be $200, which seems high to me.

My mom and I feel like I'm having a boy. Can't wait to see if we're right.
#85 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 03:20 PM

I just got my gorgeous Moses Basket in the mail day before yesterday! It is wonderful!! also got my first kissaluvs size 0 cloth diapers I seriously think they may be the cutest things I have ever seen in my life!!!

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#86 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Well, share! Where did you get it? We wanna seee!!!!
#87 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

I'll be 9 weeks on Monday. This week has absolutely flown by.
#88 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 PM

I know! I love it when that happens. I can't wait to get out of the first tri.
#89 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

I feel so bad. I begged my DH to stop and get me a cheeseburger on his way home from work last night. So he did and when he walked in the door I immediately felt super sick. I couldn't eat. So he ended up eating all my food and I sat on the couch bawling because I felt so awful. I was starving when I called him and asked him to stop but I guess I missed my window of opportunity to eat. He was so understanding but I still felt bad for asking him to stop and then not eating what he brought home for me.
And yet I feel perfectly fine during the day. I can eat all day long now, it's just night time I feel yucky.
#90 of 127 Old 02-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Luckily, I think my MS issues are already fading. I'm less nauseous and for shorter periods now and I'm not soo ravenously hungry when I'm not sick to my stomach. Fading out is a good thing. My boobies are still killing me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page