Weekly chit chat 2/24-3/1 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope everyone has a good week! I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow. Time is flying!
#2 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 PM

No kidding! It always amazes me how quickly a pregnancy passes...although while you're preggo it can seem like an eternity!

Since this is it for us I really want to treasure the experience of this pregnancy. I'm even trying to make friends with my MS, lol. I'll be doing the usual things like belly pics and several casts but I feel like I want more. Any ideas?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#3 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Have you ever gotten belly henna? I did during my last pregnancy and it was soooo cool.
#4 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

AAM: My morning sickness has been doing some weird stuff lately. I wake up in the morning now mildly nauseated, then I make a giant leap to starving must eat now I will tackle you to get to the kitchen. And I don't feel too bad throughout the day now, just very tired. But then around 9PM I start to feel awful. And it progresses worse and worse until I am the very knife's edge to vomiting. And I stay that way until morning, if I wake up during the night it's because I'm dry heaving in my sleep.
Weirdness.
#5 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:00 PM

I'm just 5 weeks now, and feeling the odd little wave of nausea. I remember this from my last pg--little waves of nausea, me thinking "well, if this is morning sickness, then it's no big deal, I can handle it" and then it kept getting worse and worse and worse each day til I could barely function. We'll see how it goes this time!
#6 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
No kidding! It always amazes me how quickly a pregnancy passes...although while you're preggo it can seem like an eternity!

Since this is it for us I really want to treasure the experience of this pregnancy. I'm even trying to make friends with my MS, lol. I'll be doing the usual things like belly pics and several casts but I feel like I want more. Any ideas?
Time goes SOOOOO SLOW while im pg. I don't get it lol!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#7 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Have you ever gotten belly henna? I did during my last pregnancy and it was soooo cool.
I wanted to get that last time. I am thinking once i pop my belly out this time I will get it done

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#8 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Tomorrow is my 1st appt with my mw and I am super excited about that And on Tuesday I will be 8 weeks pg Hopefully progressing wonderfully! Also, I have to take my poor lil puppy pomeranians to get their vaccinations and rabies shots I feel so bad for em when i take them in... But then I can finally get them groomed. Poor things are all grown out and even though I brush em every other day they get matted fur where their collars are

#9 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Time is absolutely creeping for me. Even DH said this 1st tri is taking FOREVER. I'm still having what I'm assuming is m/s in the evening starting at about 8pm and continuing until about 4am. I feel so crampy and nauseous. It's that feeling of extra saliva in your mouth and a gagging type feeling. ICK.

I noticed this morning my belly seems to feel harder even though I'm not bigger and I only notice it when I'm laying down. Maybe all this cramping is my uterus stretching and I can finally feel my uterus? I sure hope so because I've felt awful every evening for over a week. I can handle it as long as I know it's functional and purposeful. Oh, and, the spotting seems to have stopped! YAY!

We're going to a concert tonight and it starts at exactly the same time that my m/s has been starting. I'm so afraid I'll feel like @$$ for the whole thing and won't be able to enjoy myself. It's Martina McBride....she's my FAVE!
#10 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Time is absolutely creeping for me. Even DH said this 1st tri is taking FOREVER. I'm still having what I'm assuming is m/s in the evening starting at about 8pm and continuing until about 4am. I feel so crampy and nauseous. It's that feeling of extra saliva in your mouth and a gagging type feeling. ICK.

I noticed this morning my belly seems to feel harder even though I'm not bigger and I only notice it when I'm laying down. Maybe all this cramping is my uterus stretching and I can finally feel my uterus? I sure hope so because I've felt awful every evening for over a week. I can handle it as long as I know it's functional and purposeful. Oh, and, the spotting seems to have stopped! YAY!

We're going to a concert tonight and it starts at exactly the same time that my m/s has been starting. I'm so afraid I'll feel like @$$ for the whole thing and won't be able to enjoy myself. It's Martina McBride....she's my FAVE!
Thats awesome that the spotting stopped. I know how unnerving that can be! And I hope you feel good at the concert

#11 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 PM

Glad to hear your ms is getting sort of better DreamsinDigital!

Triple07- I hope your appointment goes well.

AAM- Nothing much to report. MS sucks but I'm only nauseous, not vomiting. I am up 4 pounds and it's really motivating me to get off my arse and on the treadmill. I've been too tired to cook so we haven't been eating very healthy.

Constipation sucks...

My appointment is Thursday so time is dragging by so slowly. I had a dream last night and in it were 2 swaddled babies. One in a pink knit hat and one in a blue knit hat. (beautiful hand knit of course ) I'm feeling kinda over the anxiety about twins. I think I can handle it but I'm still hoping I'm just psyching myself out and there is really just one baby. Guess we'll see!

Heading down to work on some diapers. Have a great day!
#12 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Since I'm due so late in the month (Oct. 26), I feel like I am so far behind the rest of you! My first midwife appointment isn't until March 27, which seems like an eternity away! This is also my first pregnancy, so I keep wondering if everything is okay and progressing as it should. *sigh* I just have to keep waiting...
#13 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I did with my 3rd pregnancy. Here is a pic of it. It was done at my Blessingway at 38 weeks. I did a small henna with my last pregnancy b/c I scrapped my belly pretty bad and the henna stung like mad.

I'm thinking I might hire a professional photographer for the birth. We've always had picture mishaps and I am so anal about having the whole thing documented. With DD's birth the person that was in charge of the camera was also my massage therapist and she was bawling the whole time so all my birth pictures are blurry. Dh could do an awesome job but its been my history to have him pretty occupied!

Tara- so relieved for you that spotting has stopped! Yay!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#14 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I did with my 3rd pregnancy. Here is a pic of it. It was done at my Blessingway at 38 weeks. I did a small henna with my last pregnancy b/c I scrapped my belly pretty bad and the henna stung like mad.

I'm thinking I might hire a professional photographer for the birth. We've always had picture mishaps and I am so anal about having the whole thing documented. With DD's birth the person that was in charge of the camera was also my massage therapist and she was bawling the whole time so all my birth pictures are blurry. Dh could do an awesome job but its been my history to have him pretty occupied!
I plan to have a casting of my belly made and I'm also having some sexier photos taken when my belly is big. I have a client who's a photographer and one of her specialties is what she calls "coquettes". They're tastfully sexy pics done partially clothed and nude and I had them done for DH as a wedding gift. I want to do them again but with my big belly this time and include some really cute shots with the baby name spelled out in blocks or something. Here's her site:

http://www.kelley-photo.com/
#15 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:05 PM

I did a belly cast last time and will be doing one again this time. I think I did it at 34 weeks though and I'll wait a little longer this time.

I have the option of having a professional birth photographer because one of my close friends is a photographer and she offered to do it for free. I want to but I have to admit, I'm pretty uncomfortable with anyone taking pictures of me naked out of my house. If I can get over that, I may. I know I'd want the pictures when it's all said and done. It's just one of those mental things I'd have to get over.
#16 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I plan to have a casting of my belly made and I'm also having some sexier photos taken when my belly is big. I have a client who's a photographer and one of her specialties is what she calls "coquettes". They're tastfully sexy pics done partially clothed and nude and I had them done for DH as a wedding gift. I want to do them again but with my big belly this time and include some really cute shots with the baby name spelled out in blocks or something. Here's her site:

http://www.kelley-photo.com/
Her site is great!

Here is a pic is a series that dh took of me last time around and another of some we had taken at the beach together in my final weeks of pregnancy.

I've always had so much fun with pregnancy photography. Our room is basically all black-and-whites of photographs of my pregnancies and our babes. Dh loves it but jokingly calls it the "breast and belly shrine". I say: get used to it...you're married to a midwife-in-training!!

#17 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:17 PM

^I wish she had some of the maternity pics on her site! My coquettes she did used to be up but she's recently redone the site. I'm planning to ask her to trade services so I can get the CD with all my coquettes (that I've already done) since I only have them in print form.
#18 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Tara, check the due dates thread! You finally have a due date buddy!
#19 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM

^All right!!!!!!
#20 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Jörð- Wow, what a vivd dream. Maybe you are baking twins in there?

birthdancedoula- I love your belly henna. I think that I might do that this time, although I still have some nasty stretch marks from DD. I really don't need any other decoration. And I love your pregnancy pictures! Wow!

Tara- So glad that your spotting stopped!

I am six weeks tomorrow, yea! I am starting to really feel pregnant. Still struggling with supply issues...I so hope that I'll be able to nurse DD until at least a year, but I'm not sure how. Pumping is becoming so hard. I was always able to get so much, but now I'm finding that I have to pump for thirty minutes just to get an ounce.

I have a meet and great with the family practice doctor on Thursday. I'm really excited about that, hoping for a natural hospital birth. :
#21 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM

to those dealing with m/s!!! Today was the first day I've felt a wave of nausea, but I hadn't eaten in a while and it went away pretty much as soon as I started eating. I'm 5 weeks 4 days, so I'm waiting for it to catch up to me soon!

Yeah Tara! I'm so glad your spotting went away! Way to go, listening to your body! And those sample pics seem like they'd be really cool pg pics. I want to hire a photographer as well b/c we didn't have any professional pics done at our wedding and I told myself I'd make it up to myself by getting pg pics done!

I haven't even started calling midwives for interviews, I'm just really not feeling a rush to do so. Part of me wants that to make it seem more real, but another doesn't quite want to let anyone else in on my pg yet (even though the whole world knows! Dh has a big mouth! )

Here's to a healthy & happy week for all of us!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#22 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Yep - cool pics on that site, Tara. I had a weekend of light spotting with DS and laid on the couch the whole time praying - it went away and he's a handful now I'm glad yours stopped too.

Beautiful shots - birthdancedoula! I really hope to get some good ones this time. Here is one of my favorite from my pregnancy with DS: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...l/IMG_0153.jpg

Jord, I have had strange "twin" like dreams too. It all comes from my grandmothers and mothers trying to divine that I'm going to have them. DH's grandmother and both my paternal and maternal grandmothers had twins and triplets, so they think it will hit my gen. I don't know. I had a dream that I was on Noah's ark protecting two small bunny rabbits in my lap with all my life. Since then, I keep seeing two sets of animals in dreams - 2 snakes, 2 birds, 2 jaguars. Last night I dreamed that a m/w was feeling my belly and my belly had 2 bumps - but they were oddly shaped (like a camel's 2 humps!) I can't wait to find out once and for all so that I can just accept whatever I'm having just as it is.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#23 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM

Ah all you ladies up at 8 weeks already!! I've just gotten to 5 weeks lol!

Glad to hear there are some of you getting through the m/s too - mine is totally evening sickness, which I also had with my boys. The past few days I've felt so incredibly exhausted. Today I had to force myself to work in the kitchen because I knew I had to get the food made but I was so tired.

I feel like the weeks are passing slowly for me, but that's probably because I'm waiting on the early weeks to pass. This week I think will go by quickly. DP and I are getting married tomorrow (Mon) moring I'm calling the local midwife this week, and I'm giong to a local baby wearing group I heard about at the LLL meeting to get to know some of the mamas in the area (since we're new here). So a big week for me. And my birthday is March 1 I hope this means it will go by fast and I'll be 6 weeks pg before I know it.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#24 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Her site is great!

Here is a pic is a series that dh took of me last time around and another of some we had taken at the beach together in my final weeks of pregnancy.

I've always had so much fun with pregnancy photography. Our room is basically all black-and-whites of photographs of my pregnancies and our babes. Dh loves it but jokingly calls it the "breast and belly shrine". I say: get used to it...you're married to a midwife-in-training!!
LOVE those pics! So very cute. A week before I was going to get maternity pics done, I went into labor. I am hoping this time I will be able to do some really awesome fine art ones with my big ole belly, dh, and ds

#25 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Congrats on getting hitched Skrimpy!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#26 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 PM

AAM: So I had a lousy day. I was just so emotional, crying at everything Chris did and just plain felt like doo. I layed on the couch all day, and couldn't stand the though of eating anything. Sucky day.

Of course, now that it's almost 9 pm, I have a sudden burst of energy and am starving, and there's nothing to eat in the house! Just my luck! I might bake cupcakes just because I feel like it.

I'm 8 weeks along, and on Tuesday I go for my first ultrasound! I'm excited and anxious, and just tired of keeping this a secret. It is really wearing on me that I haven't told anyone, I just want this to be common knowledge. It's crazy how much energy it takes.

We ordered shirts today for my in-laws - Grandma & Grandpa to "bee" shirts from cafepress. Hopefully they come by the end of the week! Our plan is to tell them this weekend. Can't WAIT to see their reaction! I'm much closer to them than to my own mother - who I'll tell 2nd and I don't really know how I'm going to do that yet.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#27 of 127 Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on getting married Skrimpy!

AAM again: I am so confused by my morning sickness! Today is totally not following the pattern of the previous four days. I fell asleep on the couch and made DH take care of the kids for 2 hours. Then I got up and felt horrible until my wonderful husband cooked dinner. I didn't think I could eat it but I did and I feel tons better now. I will be so glad to be out of the first trimester.
#28 of 127 Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 AM

Okay, so seriously, in ONE DAY my pants have gotten too tight and uncomfortable. I'm only in my 5th week and am feeling like I suddenly got a huge fat belly. It's obviously not baby, but where could all this pudge come from in one day?! Shouldn't this happen later with my first? I don't feel like I've been : all the time, but I have been eating regular meals & snacks daily. Seriously, tonight I could pass for second tri!

ETA: Good luck with the u/s Baby_Cakes and with telling family!!

#29 of 127 Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Okay, so seriously, in ONE DAY my pants have gotten too tight and uncomfortable. I'm only in my 5th week and am feeling like I suddenly got a huge fat belly. It's obviously not baby, but where could all this pudge come from in one day?! Shouldn't this happen later with my first? I don't feel like I've been : all the time, but I have been eating regular meals & snacks daily. Seriously, tonight I could pass for second tri!

ETA: Good luck with the u/s Baby_Cakes and with telling family!!
its just bloating. i feel like such a fat but ATM but i know it is bloating too.

#30 of 127 Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
AAM: So I had a lousy day. I was just so emotional, crying at everything Chris did and just plain felt like doo. I layed on the couch all day, and couldn't stand the though of eating anything. Sucky day.

Of course, now that it's almost 9 pm, I have a sudden burst of energy and am starving, and there's nothing to eat in the house! Just my luck! I might bake cupcakes just because I feel like it.

I'm 8 weeks along, and on Tuesday I go for my first ultrasound! I'm excited and anxious, and just tired of keeping this a secret. It is really wearing on me that I haven't told anyone, I just want this to be common knowledge. It's crazy how much energy it takes.

We ordered shirts today for my in-laws - Grandma & Grandpa to "bee" shirts from cafepress. Hopefully they come by the end of the week! Our plan is to tell them this weekend. Can't WAIT to see their reaction! I'm much closer to them than to my own mother - who I'll tell 2nd and I don't really know how I'm going to do that yet.
I hope you feel better soon And good luck for the u/s on Tuesday! I am still wondering if my mw will want to do an early one since I am not POSITIVE on my due date...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page