Weekly chit-chat thread 3/2-3/8 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Of course, I've only ever been pregnant in Texas till now and it's year round summer there. As long as you've got A/C it's fab.
That's me this time. I am SO not looking forward to August and September! Especially with DS starting kindergarten and us walking him to school. Torture!

I got the call from my MW, and my progesterone is 29 and hcg is 1400, so she's really happy with those numbers. I'll have another blood draw on Thursday to make sure the hcg is increasing like it should, and then my first 'official' appointment will be in the next couple of weeks. We'll probably have an u/s then as well. At least I hope so... I'm just so nervous since the m/c, every little thing worries me. Though today I got my first round of m/s and it was NOT fun. Right around the time I had to pick up DS from pre-k and I honestly didn't think I'd make it.

Speaking of the little man, DS got his hard cast today. He was so brave, especially when the surgeon took off the splint and checked out the pins. I, on the other hand, just about passed out. I mean, there are METAL PINS sticking out of my child's elbow. I did cry when they took him in to x-ray by himself, but he was so brave. He just chatted their ears off! Everything looks good and is healing like it should, so the cast should come off in three weeks. Good, because that thing is a weapon. He's already nailed me in the hip and YEOWCHA! That hurts!

Back to napping. I feel like a complete wreck. Nausea is no joke.
#62 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 PM

I scrubbed my floors today and now I feel like someone beat me with a stick. What possessed me?!?!?!
#63 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
Speaking of the little man, DS got his hard cast today. He was so brave, especially when the surgeon took off the splint and checked out the pins. I, on the other hand, just about passed out. I mean, there are METAL PINS sticking out of my child's elbow. I did cry when they took him in to x-ray by himself, but he was so brave. He just chatted their ears off! Everything looks good and is healing like it should, so the cast should come off in three weeks. Good, because that thing is a weapon. He's already nailed me in the hip and YEOWCHA! That hurts!
Ouch! Who wouldn't cry about that? But he sounds like a trooper!!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#64 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 PM

I'm 6.5 weeks now and still only having slight nausea, plus I'm really tired (like, falling asleep by 8 pm tired). It has me kind of worried even though I was hoping I wouldn't get as sick as I have the last 2 times pg. Hoping all is well with the baby and I'm just lucky this time. Mostly I feel terrible in the early am, from 4 until 8 or so; I think due to an empty stomach. I have been taking milk thistle and B-6 religiously so I'm hoping it's just that they are helping with the m/s.

And I'm probably crazy, but I recently agreed (I had *just* found out I was pg when I agreed) to cleaning this smallish theatre to earn some extra money. My first day to start is tomorrow and I'm afraid I'm going to regret it since I'll probably be beat afterwards. The good part is I can bring the kids with me and all the money from that will go to offset the costs of this hb.
#65 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I scrubbed my floors today and now I feel like someone beat me with a stick. What possessed me?!?!?!
I do that too, start feeling good and then overdo it! At least now you can go lay down on your nice clean floors and just let the kids jump over you or something!

JMarie930 - it gets pretty sweltering here in August/September too and I'm not looking forward to having to be out in it with the huge belly!

I do think summer for the most part is going to be fun though, I'm really happy we're going to be out of the morning sickness phase by the time all the great fruits and veggies are hitting the farmer's markets up here. And ooooh, August will be ok b/c I can go pick blueberries!!!!! The biggest and fattest blueberries and all you can possibly pick! YUM!

That and I love rafting down our river (very light rapids, nothing dangerous, mostly just enjoying the wildlife and basking in the sun) and I think that will be so much fun while pregnant!!

I'm feeling grosser lately. Today was the first day that I've had the yuckiness all day long to the point where I pretty much did nothing and called off school b/c I was so close to throwing up (feeling better now after my nap though). It's been getting steadily worse the past couple days, but always hits the worst midmorning. Dh, the sweet man, tells me "Well, you got your wish!" : He's so lucky he was on the phone or I'd have strangled him! Yeah, I'm happy I've got hormones playing havoc b/c that means The Sprout is growing, but I still feel yucky!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#66 of 126 Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM

I can't say that I'm looking forward to being pg over the summer months. It's really hot and humid here in Missouri (not unlike the Georgia area, actually) and I HATE summer when I'm not pg! I can't imagine how miserably hot I'll be when I'm pg! Ugh. I am thankful though, that the summer time doesn't require much clothing! I can live in cute sundresses and flip flops, my normal summer attire. Less restricting and very little pressure on the tummy!

I didn't feel too bad today! I had a rough early morning but I didn't have to get up so I just rested. I felt much better by the time I got up. Although, after I finished teaching a step class tonight, I thought I was going to pass out driving home. I felt just awful! Exhausted, lightheaded, pale-faced-hot-feeling (wasn't actually pale). Anyway, I had a little peanut butter and a small glass of juice when I got home and felt better. Dinner's in the oven now (lasagna) and DH is on his way home.
#67 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 03:27 AM

Ugh, am I the only one that gets so hungry my stomach is rumbling but the thought of actually eating makes me feel reallly sick? It's so irritating. I wish I could just not be hungry when I feel sick!

It was really cute earlier, three of my kids fell asleep in quick succession after dinner, all of them sprawled out on the couch. Soooo cute. They all woke up within 15 minutes of each other too. I have a feeling bedtime will be a little later than usual tonight.
#68 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
May not be quite as strenuous but last Friday I walked around carrying DS for 4 hours at the rodeo/carnival here and the next day my whole body was sore sore sore!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#69 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 AM

So excited...there is a chance my DH could be home tomorrow! I can't wait. Plus we should find out by the end of the week if he is getting sent to the Gulf for six months...I have a strong feeling he already knows the answer to that and is waiting until he gets home to tell me *sigh*

I have my first pre-natal visit with my doctor today...I better go and shave my legs (getting a pap) as it's been a while since my DH has been home so there hasn't been a need to shave!
#70 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysunshine View Post
And I'm probably crazy, but I recently agreed (I had *just* found out I was pg when I agreed) to cleaning this smallish theatre to earn some extra money. My first day to start is tomorrow and I'm afraid I'm going to regret it since I'll probably be beat afterwards. The good part is I can bring the kids with me and all the money from that will go to offset the costs of this hb.

I sorta did the same thing. I'm working sunday's cleaning the office buildings I work at...yeah it's extra money but I agreed just before I found out i was pg. ugh. it's wiped me out. I'm sooooooooooooooo tired afterward. I may do this for another month but that's probably it. Oh and I may give up my 2nd job too..yeah ihave 3 jobs...lol! I work 2 nights a week at a drop in daycare.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#71 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post

I have my first pre-natal visit with my doctor today...I better go and shave my legs (getting a pap) as it's been a while since my DH has been home so there hasn't been a need to shave!
I hate that. I never know what they expect to see down there.
#72 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow-due 10/23. I've seen all of your little baby bellies and posting and im so excited to see women that are due around the same time as myself.
#73 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Ugh, am I the only one that gets so hungry my stomach is rumbling but the thought of actually eating makes me feel reallly sick? It's so irritating. I wish I could just not be hungry when I feel sick!
No, you're not the only one! That was me yesterday! Rumbly stomach and any food made the gagging way worse. I finally convince Dh to go to mexican food for dinner and that for some reason went down without a hitch and was soooooo yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post
So excited...there is a chance my DH could be home tomorrow! I can't wait. Plus we should find out by the end of the week if he is getting sent to the Gulf for six months...I have a strong feeling he already knows the answer to that and is waiting until he gets home to tell me *sigh*
Yeah for Dhs coming home!!! Mine works out of town a lot and I've hardly seen him in weeks, obviously not as bad as your situation, but I feel for you. I hope he's bringing good news back with him!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmamaAgain View Post
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow-due 10/23. I've seen all of your little baby bellies and posting and im so excited to see women that are due around the same time as myself.
Congrats and Welcome! This is an awesome group of gals!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#74 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Oh man, I have got a severe case of the crankies today. I am ready to bang my head into a wall repeatedly.
I have been really moody and grouchy the last two days. I feel short-tempered with the kiddos, and I had a fit at DH last night I'm sooo emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I hope I'm not going to live to regret saying this but I'm so glad I'm going to be pregnant over the summer - !
I am always pregnant over the summer (both DS and DD were born just after - August and October). My maternity wardrobe is pretty much in-season for me again. I do love the cute sun tops and skirts. I like being able to be barefoot when my feet feel swollen. I'm not too thrilled with wearing swim suits this time around, though.

I'm 10 weeks today - and get to hear the HB next week. I'm so jealous of those of you who get to know betas or see u/s. Our midwife is low-key as far as such technology goes. I support that, but the impatient side of me is wishing I knew more. Oh well, at least the heartbeat will be reassuring to listen to. Hang in there ladies!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#75 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
You're not alone! Up until the last couple days, I haven't been hungry at all AND food didn't sound good. But, all of the sudden, my appetite is picking up but but food still doesn't sound good! Terrible combination! Blech. I feel your pain!
#76 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 PM

Has anyone checked how many are in our ddc? I counted 106, but I could have definitely miscounted. Wow! That seems huge!

#77 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM

^That's probably right! Sometime last week, I counted 86 I think and we've had a lot of new mama's since then! WOW! We were all busy during the writer's strike!
#78 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 PM

Ha ha! : What else can you do when everything is a rerun?

#79 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
Has anyone checked how many are in our ddc? I counted 106, but I could have definitely miscounted. Wow! That seems huge!
106 that are on the due date list but there are a few more that did not ask to be added to the list.
#80 of 126 Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
I am always pregnant over the summer (both DS and DD were born just after - August and October). My maternity wardrobe is pretty much in-season for me again. I do love the cute sun tops and skirts. I like being able to be barefoot when my feet feel swollen. I'm not too thrilled with wearing swim suits this time around, though.
I've only been pregnant over the summer three out of four times I have one September baby, one December baby and with my February baby, I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of the summer so it was not fun being hot and feeling sick. I'm so glad I'll be past the nausea by the time the warm weather hits. That said, I still don't have a cute summer maternity wardrobe and am really looking to cute clothes this time!
#81 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 AM

I am soooo glad I am not in early pregnancy during summer. I would die feeling the way I do and being hot on top of it. I am excited to get a cute swimsuit to show off my little bump. Hopefully the AZ weather isn't too cruel to me.
#82 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I've only been pregnant over the summer three out of four times I have one September baby, one December baby and with my February baby, I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of the summer so it was not fun being hot and feeling sick. I'm so glad I'll be past the nausea by the time the warm weather hits. That said, I still don't have a cute summer maternity wardrobe and am really looking to cute clothes this time!
Right after saying that, I went out today and got some cute tops and one pair of maternity pants on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell View Post
I am soooo glad I am not in early pregnancy during summer. I would die feeling the way I do and being hot on top of it. I am excited to get a cute swimsuit to show off my little bump. Hopefully the AZ weather isn't too cruel to me.
I should add that I've been miserable both summers towards early August in Seattle! We don't have airconditioning (most people don't up here, as you only need it a few weeks out of the year). It gets sooo hot in the house when it is in the 90's outside! I lived in Texas most of my life, so I got spoiled with indoor a/c. There were some nights when I literally slept on the stone floor in one room downstairs and next to an open window. Here we go again! This time I'm springing for a portable a/c or something!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#83 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM

We live in Co now... not everyone here has AC either. Thank goodness we rented a place that does! I grew up in Texas too and everyone there has to have AC.
#84 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 11:56 AM

i am also looking forward to summer, i am so tired of the cold already. although i didn't really like being pg in the summer i think part of that was due to the fact i delivered in august. it was unbearably hot. i think this time will be better due halloweenish.
#85 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 11:57 AM

I'm in NJ and the summers here can get very humid and sticky. We don't have central air but we have 2 window units and a pretty small house so they work quite well. Worse case I'll just go hang out at my in-laws either in the a/c or in the pool!

Chris and I are actually planning a trip to Hawaii in a few weeks, kind of a last-trip-before-baby getaway. We were going to go anyway, before we got pg, but now it seems like it's the last time we'll get to go away like that for a long time, so we're going to go for it! If we go in early May like we plan, I should be sporting a teeny bump at around 16-18 weeks, and I'm hopefully going to be feeling much better in terms of energy and nausea, so I'm really looking forward to going!!!

By the way, my nausea is back today. It seems like I get two days without, and then two days with. Stinks but at least it's somewhat predictable!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#86 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Good morning everyone!!!

I'm interviewing with a midwife this evening, so wish me luck! She's a CNM who only does home births and is really into herbs, but she can do IV's and other medications at home so that should be a plus if needed. She's also a big fan of water births which I'd like to try. AND, she's a really good friend's Mom, so hopefully we'll click and everything will work out. She's the most expensive in the area though, so we may be trading some remodel work by Dh for her fee.

Other than that, m/s is hitting hard. And everyone's comment is "Well you wished for it!" Yeah, I did say it'd be reassuring to have, but I still feel yucky!!! I get a break in the afternoon, but it's back around dinner/bed-time.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Thursday!

#87 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM

^I hate when people say crap like that! (Well, you wished for it.) My mean pg hormones make me want to shake them and scream, "No I wanted a baby! Not to have the flu for 3 months!"

#88 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Well, I'm feeling pretty good today! No nausea this morning and not even really any cramping. I had terrible heartburn for the last 2 nights though. That sucked. I'm craving Peanut Butter Capt'n Crunch which is funny since I haven't wanted any kind of cereal at all. I really don't want to go to the store but I guess I'm going to have to because the craving isn't going away. I have other errands to run anyway so I'll just add it to the list.
#89 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
We live in Co now... not everyone here has AC either. Thank goodness we rented a place that does! I grew up in Texas too and everyone there has to have AC.
Ooooo...i'm in CO too! im in Fort Collins...are u anywhere close?

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#90 of 126 Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 PM

I don't really know where that is. We're in the springs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page