Weekly chit-chat thread 3/2-3/8 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 126 Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like crap this evening. I took a nap this afternoon and woke up with a sore throat and a cough. My skin hurts which is a classic sign of a fever for me so I took my temp and sure enough, I'm running almost 2 degrees higher than normal. Blech. So, I think date night is a no-go for tonight. Maybe tomorrow if I feel better.

I'm assuming I've just caught a touch of a flu bug since I'm in so many fitness centers all the time but, is it possible that this should worry me? Could it be related to the pregnancy?
#122 of 126 Old 03-08-2008, 12:04 AM

Tara, just keep an eye on that fever... and I'm sure you'll get good advice from your doula! Sorry you've gotten sick. Having just been ill myself, I am really feeling hit hard by all sorts of ailments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
That is so my drink! I love those - passion tea half sweet, I call 'em. Even DS loves them, he asks for 'pink tea.' DH, on the other hand, thinks they're gross. What does he know?!! Love him anyway.
I read somewhere recently that lemonade and pretzels are a good combo for combating m/s. Just thought I'd share since it seems like many of you are halfway there with your drink choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleesan View Post
i have used papaya enzymes at othertimes when quesy, but they are too pill-like for me to get past the gag reflex right now.
Are the ones you have chewable? Mine seem more like Tums - I know what you mean about pills, though. ugh! I threw up today trying to take some tylenol... it was pretty nasty. But I will say that I also have tried dried papaya in my previous pregnancies (m/cs), and it really helped with the nausea.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#123 of 126 Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Ugh! I've felt so queasy but yesterday I thought I was finally getting better (Ha ha! I'll be better in 9 months!) but now I'm lying in my bed feeling horrible. I'm hoping I'll still be able to meet up with my bf at 1pm.

What is up with cereal? I never ever eat cereal but for the past week I've been eating it at least once a day. BTW, I use to love crunch berries as a kid, DH thinks that is so gross!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#124 of 126 Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM

We went out to dinner last night with some friends and oh my goodness, I ate way too much. I was completely miserable. I will [hopefully] never do that again. What a miserable night of sleeping too.
#125 of 126 Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Today I had a really good day, no nausea, very little fatigue - FINALLY! We went to Wegmans and I totally hit up the olive bar, and I'm sitting here noshing on a ton of delicious greek olives. Sorry for those of you that just totally grossed out. I also got a pickle, which I can't wait to eat, lol. Since I have an appetite today, Chris is pulling out all the stops and making BBQ Seitan and Coleslaw from Veganomicon for dinner. Can't WAIT to actually EAT for a change!

We also went to Loews to get paint and the guy was a total idiot and said we couldn't get the color we want in a flat finish. What is so difficult about this? We left so pissed, we just want to paint the dining room already and the guy gave us such a hard time. Jeeze. It was disappointing.

I called up my sister in CT and finally told her the news! She was excited too! So now, everybody knows -- hope everything stays good so we don't have to break *bad* news or anything. Still haven't told work, so I can't quite go shouting from the rooftops, but still, having the whole family in the know is a really good thing!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#126 of 126 Old 03-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
Ugh!

What is up with cereal? I never ever eat cereal but for the past week I've been eating it at least once a day. BTW, I use to love crunch berries as a kid, DH thinks that is so gross!
Hey, me too! I usually prefer a hot breakfast, but I am so queasy in the morn that if I don't eat cereal right away I'm miserable.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page