Weekly chit-chat thread 3/2-3/8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy March, mamas!! Its time for a new thread already. Hopefully that means that time will start to pick up a bit and we can all make our way into the second trimester safe and sound.

My news this week...I got a script for Zofran so I can get it from a pharmacy in Canada...and cheap, too! It worked well for me in my 3rd pregnancy so hopefully it will work just as well this time.

I have several papers to write this week as I am trying to finish up my 3rd term of midwifery school...and part of that is trying to resist the urge to hang out here and/or buy dipes, LOL!

Have a great week mamas!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#2 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 11:07 AM

So I'm getting in early this time in hopes to keep up. I am always a bit overwhelmed when I see a thread that is five pages.

I know I spent plenty of time on MDC when I was finishing grad school. Writing a dissertation involved so much in front of the computer and I was constantly popping back over to reward myself after accomplishing something like writing a paragraph of making a new plot. Not quite as dangerous as the on-line shopping and coops, though, which I did plenty of as well.

We have so much to do around the house. Our house is sort of a fixer-upper, definitely livable but plenty of cosmetic issues. And my friend is coming to stay with us one night next weekend. This means that we have to clear out our guest room (presently full of boxes) so that she can make her way to the bed.

Still feel pregnant here. Little bit of MS but it's not too bad. Is the Zofran for MS? I'm glad you think it will work for you.

Is anyone else getting ready for a garden? We really want to put in raised beds. Because we are feeding a lot of people here (my in-laws are here) it could be a real savings since we keep hearing how food prices are going up. Nevermind the fun of it, but I am concerned about the amount of work to get it going. Since we both work all week we like having some flexibility on the weekends and I am not sure I want to feel like a slave to it . .
#3 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 AM

Hi ladies...
I'm trying to get in early, too. We'll see if that helps me keep up.
I have started to feel really pregnant--m/s and I am constantly drop-dead tired. I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy as it is our last, but it is hard for me; I'm just not one of those women who loves being pregnant.
Told my family yesterday. My sister and brother and his family were all over at my parent's house, so we had DD in a onesie that said "I'm going to be a big sister."
We're trying to get ready to go to Arizona for baseball spring training on the 14th. This is the first trip we've taken with DD, so there is a lot of planning to do.
We are planning a garden. Nothing too extravagant, but some tomatoes, corn, and other produce. It's nice for us since we live so far away from a grocery store.
Have a great week all!
#4 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM

NOW I feel pregnant! I am tired all the time now - I could just put my head down anywhere and take a nap. And the boobs, oh, they are SORE! Spotting finally stopped and I have the little twingy cramps, and the appetite finally went out the window. Yep, definitely pregnant.

I pulled out the diaper stash I started during my last pregnancy and I'm trying to figure out what more I'll need. The NB dipes are just so cute! I think I might actually be good to start, except for maybe some prefolds. I have about 2 dozen KL0's, 6-8 covers, and enough fabric to make about 6 dozen terry/velour wipes. Now if only I could get the tension right on my serger, those wipes would get finished!

We still haven't told most of our family/friends/co-workers, though I likely won't be able to hide it much longer. I'll have to post a picture in the Belly's thread, but I'm getting quite poochy! Not worried so much about family finding out, none of them live nearby. I just won't be able to hide it from my co-workers much longer.
#5 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Hello, all! I am the same as the above posters--I feel daunted when I see a thread that is multiple pages and I haven't read/responded at all, so I'm getting in on the ground floor here! I still don't really have M/S...I'll get a wave of nausea from time to time and won't feel like eating even though I'm STARVING, but no puking. I'm hoping to keep it that way! My boobs are super-sore, and I'm actually going to buy a new bra today that I can sleep in. My sports bras are too restricting and my normal pre-preg bras are all demis (meaning my boobs fall out if I try to sleep in them), so I'm going to try to find a nice, stretchy, non-underwire, full-coverage bra for nighttime. When I get up in the middle of the night to pee or get up in the morning, it's torture on my boobs!!!

I really want to start buying cloth dipes, but DH is trying to keep the baby spending in check so far. I get it--it's still kinda risky to start buying things now. I haven't bought anything baby-related yet, although we did make a trip to Babies R Us to price some things--scary! I'm hoping I have very generous friends and family who will show up at my baby showers.

Hope all you mamas have a wonderful week, and I'll try to keep up with all the chatter!
#6 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 01:04 PM

This week actually flew by! Thank goodness! This 1st tri is totally dragging by. Anyway, I had a really good day yesterday. I was able to eat multiple meals and didn't feel nauseous except a tiny bit in the morning! I was tired but that's because I had problems going back to sleep after peeing 4 times overnight. Today is a different story. I feel like absolute crap. I stayed in bed for about 2 hours after waking up because I thought I was going to puke. Ugh. DH is making me blueberry pancakes right now so we'll see how I feel after I eat.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
#7 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Hi everyone! I, too, haven't been keeping up, but I really want to start getting to know everyone, so here I am, reporting for duty!

I am feeling really lousy, too... in addition to the m/s (which for me starts after breakfast and lasts all day, then is worst in the evening) and exhaustion, I'm having some pretty intense sinus problems.

I'm love to hear from those with experience what they did for sinus drainage. The approved OTC allergy meds aren't helping at all - I desperately need a decongestant - the pressure is killing me and is leading to a daily headache. I hate to resort to going to my primary for an antibiotic, but I am getting desperate! Help, please!!

Meanwhile, I'm finally feeling confident about expanding the circle of people who know about my pregnancy... so far it's been immediate family and closest friends. I'm going to tell my 3 living grandparents today, over the phone because they're about 5 hours from here. I'm so excited to give them some good news... they're all in their mid-80s and it's so awesome to be able to share happy news with them, you know? When I see them in early May, I should be showing quite a bit already because of the twins!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#8 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicnicBear View Post
Little bit of MS but it's not too bad. Is the Zofran for MS? I'm glad you think it will work for you.
So glad you're only experiencing a little bit of MS, J. It is no fun at all. I don't know what I was thinking when I expected to escape MS this time like I did w/ Lib's pregnancy. I had such high hopes...ah well, I guess I got one relatively easy pregnancy out of my 5!

Yup, the Zofran is for MS. Its actually used mostly as an adjunct to chemotherapy meds for intense nausea realted to that experience but it has been proven extremely safe in pregancy for MS and HG as well. It worked really well with my pregancy Bastian considering I couldn't even keep water down with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle_kate View Post
I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy as it is our last, but it is hard for me; I'm just not one of those women who loves being pregnant.
I hear ya on this one. This is my absolute last, too (actually the last one was the "last" but you know how plans can change unexpectedly ) and I am really finding myself wanting to savor every minute of it...except it is easier said than done with how crappy I feel. Once the MS passes I usually enjoy being pregnant tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
I pulled out the diaper stash I started during my last pregnancy and I'm trying to figure out what more I'll need. The NB dipes are just so cute!
Okay, stop it with the cute NB dipe talk...I've spent waaay too much already on dipes and I'm only 7 weeks, LOL! They are addictive though, aren't they?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
so I'm going to try to find a nice, stretchy, non-underwire, full-coverage bra for nighttime. When I get up in the middle of the night to pee or get up in the morning, it's torture on my boobs!!!
I love my Bravados nursing bras. They're sooo comfy and they're also the only bra I've ever been able to wear at night w/o feeling my skin crawl in them. Besides, every mama needs a leopard print nursing bra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Today is a different story. I feel like absolute crap. I stayed in bed for about 2 hours after waking up because I thought I was going to puke. Ugh. DH is making me blueberry pancakes right now so we'll see how I feel after I eat.
Sorry you're feeling crappy today. One day at a time, right? Sounds like your dh is taking good care of you though. Blueberry pancakes sound strangely good to me right now...and its lunch time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
I am feeling really lousy, too... in addition to the m/s (which for me starts after breakfast and lasts all day, then is worst in the evening) and exhaustion, I'm having some pretty intense sinus problems.
Your MS sounds exactly like mine. Pretty much starts right after I eat breakfast and lasts til I go to bed. I had a horrible night last night, waking up at 3am and feeling incredibly queasy. I really considered taking a Tylenol pm just to get back to sleep. I didn't though. I might get some Unisom as that is frequently recommended for bad night nausea.

Have fun telling your grandparents! How cool that they're gonna have two great grandbabies!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#9 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Yup, the Zofran is for MS. Its actually used mostly as an adjunct to chemotherapy meds for intense nausea realted to that experience but it has been proven extremely safe in pregancy for MS and HG as well. It worked really well with my pregancy Bastian considering I couldn't even keep water down with him.
I wonder what the difference is between that and diclectin which is what they give in Canada for morning sickness. My sil has hypermesis and uses that.

I had such bad nausea last night I was thinking maybe I should go on it...but checked myself this morning. I have bouts of nausea but really it's not stopping me from eating, nor am I puking so I really don't need to be on anything, just need to stop being a suck.

I never had much nause with my other pregnancies so this is new to me. I think it's just reminding me that this too is my last pregnancy.

Quote:
My boobs are super-sore, and I'm actually going to buy a new bra today that I can sleep in.
Oh that sounds awful, I hate hate hate sleeping in a bra and I am sooo glad I haven't experienced any painful boobies...especially since I am still nursing. In fact I sooo look forward to taking the bra off at night to sleep. I hope the pain goes away for you soon, and that you are able to find something to make sleeping better on your boobies.

I will be 7 weeks tomorrow so only what 6 more weeks and i'm out of the first trimester...sigh...lol
#10 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 PM

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow! My morning sickness has been really improving, a little each day. I feel almost normal during the day and just have a couple evening hours of yuckiness. I'm still super sleepy and have been sleeping like 10 hours a night. Hopefully my energy will pick up a bit in the 2nd trimester so I can get my house clean again
#11 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 05:19 PM

Yeah! I'm so happy to get in on the beginning of this thread. I haven't had any more spotting, which is awesome. But definitely the beginnings of m/s which I've never had before. I hate the general feeling of nausea and not wanting to eat anything because everything sounds horrible.

I've been reading my pregnancy journal everyday and today it said my baby's arms are starting to look more like paddles instead of flippers.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#12 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Subbing- Not much going on here. MS is a little better, i've got the most disgusting break out right now on my BACK I could vomit... my hormones are wacked out. I can't remember how many weeks I am and keep having to look it up.
#13 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 06:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Glad to be participating in this thread! I'm 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and each day is DRAGGING by. I can't wait until my first US at 7w4d.

A question: Has anyone else had an increase in appetite? I feel like I'm hungry all. the. time. No m/s yet, other than the night I found out I was preg., but that could have been from the shock/excitement as well. My mom said she didn't have ANY m/s, so I'm hoping I'm as lucky.

So, anyone else a 'fridge raider so early?
#14 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Subbing- Not much going on here. MS is a little better, i've got the most disgusting break out right now on my BACK I could vomit... my hormones are wacked out. I can't remember how many weeks I am and keep having to look it up.
Me, too. I went to the doctor the other day and didn't know how far along I am. It's weird because with my first pregnancy, I knew to the day. Now I can't seem to remember.
#15 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM

YES! I feel like I'm starving all the time. It's hard because I'm also really struggling with weight gain after losing a lot this year. I've gained about 5 pounds already at almost 9 weeks! What is strange is that I'm really not eating much more at all so I guess my metabolism has changed already. I'm thinking of ordering pizza for dinner. Nothing sounds good today.
#16 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm impressed with you ladies who respond to multiple people in one post--that takes dedication! I'm jealous right now because I have SOOOO many friends who are either late in their pregnancies or have already given birth, and I feel like I'm so far behind (weird and lame, I know). I spent the whole day today shopping for two baby showers, and I spend most of last week with my best friend who just gave birth to her first baby, Beckett. He's adorable and so precious! Anyway, I'm even far behind most of you (I'm 6w exactly), so I'm feeling like a sad little tagalong puppy
#17 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I'm impressed with you ladies who respond to multiple people in one post--that takes dedication! I'm jealous right now because I have SOOOO many friends who are either late in their pregnancies or have already given birth, and I feel like I'm so far behind (weird and lame, I know). I spent the whole day today shopping for two baby showers, and I spend most of last week with my best friend who just gave birth to her first baby, Beckett. He's adorable and so precious! Anyway, I'm even far behind most of you (I'm 6w exactly), so I'm feeling like a sad little tagalong puppy
I'm only 7w2d. I've been thinking about how quickly some of you will be out of the 1st tri and I'll still have a few weeks left. I think we have some here that are 4 or 5 weeks though. I hate that you feel like you're tagging along...you're absolutely not. Everyone here is valueable and we're happy you get to be here!
#18 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 09:52 PM

^I agree with Tara! I love seeing you guys who are early, like 4-7 weeks because it makes me realize we are all on different legs of the same journey. Plus it's helpful to you guys b/c you have a bunch of us here who have just gone through what you're going through right now. Now that there are so many of us here, we are all here to help each other out and share stories!

I'm 9w2d today, and honestly, I felt fine Friday and Saturday, but then today - BOOM - hit with serious nausea for most of the day. It was debilitating. I didn't want to do ANYTHING! I'm really getting anxious for the next few weeks to be over - so that I'm out of the woods, and so that this nausea subsides...

We told our immediate families this weekend, I'm going to post a new thread about it b/c it's just such a big story, lol!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#19 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
I'm love to hear from those with experience what they did for sinus drainage. The approved OTC allergy meds aren't helping at all - I desperately need a decongestant - the pressure is killing me and is leading to a daily headache.
I have sinus/allergy issues. The best natural remedies that I've found include the Neti Pot (read directions, but you basically flush your sinuses with warm salt water - the shape of the pot does it well). I also drink apple cider vinegar (I'm brave, so I can do a shot glass full in the morning. Now that I'm pregnant, I haven't been, but then my sinuses are fine right now). The ACV is AWESOME for sinues stuff. Drink it with lots of water (and you can put a pinch of baking soda in it and mix with water if it is too acidic for your stomach). It thins out the mucus and you feel drainage right away - ongoing use can really clear things up. I once cleared a sinus infection that a round of antibiotics didn't do a thing for in only three days with ACV (taking small amounts throughout the day). I can't find anything that says it isn't safe for pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidpineapple View Post
A question: Has anyone else had an increase in appetite?
I go in spurts of major hunger and then no hunger. I usually get aggressively ravenous when BFing babes, though

Well, I've been off the board for a week. We had a horrible virus run through the four of us. DS and DD had major vomitting, sore throats, high fevers, etc. and are still recovering five days later. DH nearly got meningitis - and still has headaches and body aches. I got a sore throat and major headaches (like three days of migraines)! I didn't take anything because of the baby - it was rough. So I think we've made it past that. Here I am again. No big news, but my abdomen is starting to push out and get hard, so I should be showing soon. I can't wait to hear the HB in 11 days!!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#20 of 126 Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 PM

I've been fluctuating between being ravenous and having no appetite. And from day to day, the foods I want to eat and can't stand the thought of are ever changing. I was making fruit smoothies every day and suddenly I nearly retch at the thought. I hardly ate at all yesterday and then right at about 9:30 last night I was starving and went to Dairy Queen for a burger and a blizzard. That was heavenly. :
#21 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:29 AM

Well this week has been going by slowly for me. I am ready for the next 8 weeks to go by! I really hate M/S At least it is nothing like it was with my dd, where it didn't go away till I was 28 weeks and I lost 18lbs. I think I might look in to getting a RX to help. On a good note, I really am feeling pretty decent, I just don't want to wake up to that feeling anymore.

Glad to see that everyone is feeling pretty well!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#22 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 AM

I spoke too soon. I spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening laying on the couch feeling like I was going to hurl at any moment. I'm lucky enough to have had a break from daytime nausea but I wish it wouldn't come back.
#23 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I spoke too soon. I spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening laying on the couch feeling like I was going to hurl at any moment. I'm lucky enough to have had a break from daytime nausea but I wish it wouldn't come back.
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I hurled for the first time today and let me just tell you it was wonderful...not! I do not miss that! I hope we all start to feel better soon!

#24 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 AM

I feel like doodoo today, the m/s has been a nuisance all friggin afternoon and now it's almost midnight and I'm still feeling pukey! GAH! All I have to say is Minute Maid Frozen Limeade is my best friend right now. I swear. Never thought anything like this would make me feel better, but it does.

And darn this pg brain! I thought while DH was out at his defense class tonight I would do the laundry. I didn't realize he had ALREADY DONE IT and I just spend the last 2 hours washing clean clothes. Isn't that brilliant?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#25 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
My news this week...I got a script for Zofran so I can get it from a pharmacy in Canada...and cheap, too! It worked well for me in my 3rd pregnancy so hopefully it will work just as well this time.

Have a great week mamas!!
I really need to look into getting some Zofran, maybe I could function!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicnicBear View Post

Is anyone else getting ready for a garden? We really want to put in raised beds. Because we are feeding a lot of people here (my in-laws are here) it could be a real savings since we keep hearing how food prices are going up. Nevermind the fun of it, but I am concerned about the amount of work to get it going. Since we both work all week we like having some flexibility on the weekends and I am not sure I want to feel like a slave to it . .
I really want a garden, but our space and sunlight isn't condusive at all for it So I have to stick with shaded plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
I pulled out the diaper stash I started during my last pregnancy and I'm trying to figure out what more I'll need. The NB dipes are just so cute! I think I might actually be good to start, except for maybe some prefolds. I have about 2 dozen KL0's, 6-8 covers, and enough fabric to make about 6 dozen terry/velour wipes. Now if only I could get the tension right on my serger, those wipes would get finished!
You are so lucky you have your stash already! I am working building my up as we didn't start CDing our DD till she was 6 months. I am loving all of the little diapers though!

Quote:
My boobs are super-sore, and I'm actually going to buy a new bra today that I can sleep in. My sports bras are too restricting and my normal pre-preg bras are all demis (meaning my boobs fall out if I try to sleep in them), so I'm going to try to find a nice, stretchy, non-underwire, full-coverage bra for nighttime. When I get up in the middle of the night to pee or get up in the morning, it's torture on my boobs!!!

I really want to start buying cloth dipes, but DH is trying to keep the baby spending in check so far. I get it--it's still kinda risky to start buying things now. I haven't bought anything baby-related yet, although we did make a trip to Babies R Us to price some things--scary! I'm hoping I have very generous friends and family who will show up at my baby showers.
I ALSO love my Bravado Nursing bras they are so comfortable! I have also tried to keep the new baby spending to a limit but it isn't happening...hehe. We have the money right now to get the few things we need so I'm just getting them now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
This week actually flew by! Thank goodness! This 1st tri is totally dragging by. Anyway, I had a really good day yesterday. I was able to eat multiple meals and didn't feel nauseous except a tiny bit in the morning! I was tired but that's because I had problems going back to sleep after peeing 4 times overnight. Today is a different story. I feel like absolute crap. I stayed in bed for about 2 hours after waking up because I thought I was going to puke. Ugh. DH is making me blueberry pancakes right now so we'll see how I feel after I eat.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Yummy blueberry pancakes! My DH just made me some for dinner!

Quote:
I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow! My morning sickness has been really improving, a little each day. I feel almost normal during the day and just have a couple evening hours of yuckiness. I'm still super sleepy and have been sleeping like 10 hours a night. Hopefully my energy will pick up a bit in the 2nd trimester so I can get my house clean again
I really need to clean my house too! That was the reason the first month we were TTC I made sure the house was spick and span because I knew once I got preggo I wouldn't feel up to cleaning! Ah well, the plan didn't work too well, I'll try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
I've been reading my pregnancy journal everyday and today it said my baby's arms are starting to look more like paddles instead of flippers.
I really need to read my pregnancy journal, I always find I start falling behind. And LOL at the flippers! One of my preggo tickers says the baby is a size of a rice grain right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I got the SAME thing with my DD! Thank goodness I have skipped it so far!

Quote:
I often get that feeling too, but I have to remember within a month there is always and huge range and I just get used to being on the end of that!

#26 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I feel like doodoo today, the m/s has been a nuisance all friggin afternoon and now it's almost midnight and I'm still feeling pukey! GAH! All I have to say is Minute Maid Frozen Limeade is my best friend right now. I swear. Never thought anything like this would make me feel better, but it does.

And darn this pg brain! I thought while DH was out at his defense class tonight I would do the laundry. I didn't realize he had ALREADY DONE IT and I just spend the last 2 hours washing clean clothes. Isn't that brilliant?
AH! I hate when I re-wash clean clothing! Unfortunately my dh doesn't do it too often, lol, so I don't get it too mixed up! Funny what things help us when were not feeling good! That limeade sounds good and refreshing!

#27 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 01:59 AM

Wow Jessica, I am awed at your multi-quote skills.

My DH walked down to the store to get me a Snapple red tea. I <3 him.
#28 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Wow Jessica, I am awed at your multi-quote skills.

My DH walked down to the store to get me a Snapple red tea. I <3 him.
Aren't DH so great! Mine has been so wonderful this time around!!

Oh and the Multi-quoting is pretty simple. All you have to do is look at the post that you want to quote then in the bottom right hand side of that post there is little quote symbols with a plus sign, just click that, and instead of the response post popping up it saves it. So do that to all of the ones that you want to quote and then Click Post Reply on the bottom left hand corner and then all of the posts will show up! And that is how you multi-quote! GL!

#29 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 02:53 AM

Oh I know how to multi-quote. I'm just too lazy and usually have nothing brilliant to say in reply to others' posts. I can blame placenta brain, can't I?
#30 of 126 Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Hi Everyone! I wanted to jump in before it got too many pages in and too overwhelming to join. This is my first post in the October 2008 thread but I've been lurking for a bit.

A little about me...I'm from Nova Scotia, married to my high school sweetheart who is in the Navy and we have a beautiful daughter (12/11/05) and a handsome son (03/13/07) and of course number three due in October. I think that I am going to be relying on this board a lot for support as DH could possibly be leaving in a few weeks for the Gulf and be gone for six months. I'm kind of hoping that it falls through as this is probably going to be our last child and I don't want him to miss the whole pregnancy and birth but whatever will be will be.

As far as symptoms go, I've had a touch of m/s and I'm really tired but it doesn't help that I still nurse DS through the night and my DD has hit the wonderful two's and has started with nightmares. Night time is not fun in my house especially since I am doing it all by myself (DH has been away for a month but back at the end of the week )

I hope everyone is feeling great!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page