Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yesterday- really bad day

handful of cracklin oat bran
rootbeer float ice cream bar
potato soup
glass of whole milk
~ 1 cup oj with prenatals

that is it, at least we made the switch to whole milk to get those extra calories.
#62 of 129 Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I didn't eat much today. Hmm. I traded nausea for no appetite it seems.

B: 1/2 bowl Flake & Strawberries (great new cereal by Newman's Own)
S: Orange
L: Ordered out Chinese, got veggie dumplings, ate 6
S: Orange soda

That's it. Hmm, I'm going to eat a lot when I get home. I'm just not eating enough, it seems.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#63 of 129 Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still sleeping a lot during the day trying to get rid of this bug so I'm not eating much.

Today I've had:

Carnation Instant Breakfast with whole milk
Peaches
Fruit juice

No idea what I'll do for dinner. DH is out of town for work until tomorrow night so I'm on my own for dinner. I'm sure I'll end up with mac n cheese or something.
#64 of 129 Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Today I've had

B-2 pieces of cinnamon toast and 1 cup skim milk
L- Bowl of beans with cornbread, again. Mini Dr. Pepper
S- natural calm mag supp. Not yummy. 1 cup of fresh strawberries
D- We're having Taco Bell..DH wants it. I'll have 2 chicken soft tacos. Eh, they have 14g protein each.
#65 of 129 Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM

Dang- I think I kind of overdid it. Add to that nachos and 3 chocolate chip cookies. I feel sick!
#66 of 129 Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM

Ugh - I have managed to stop my actual throwing up with crystallized ginger, but I can't find anything that I want to eat. So today I had a bowl of high protein all natural cereal (forget exactly what it was) with rice milk. That gave me slight indigestion, so then I snacked on Kettle Sea Salt & Vinegar chips. (lol) Now I'm sitting here trying to think of something that sounds appetizing - can't come up with a thing. I have aversions to foods I normally love (pasta!), and other foods taste like cardboard. Can't wait until this passes!
#67 of 129 Old 03-13-2008, 12:03 PM

OMG the sea salt and vinegar kettle chips....MMMMMM. We had a bag last week but they only lasted one day in our house.
#68 of 129 Old 03-13-2008, 04:01 PM

oh..i've been eating like crap today. At least i feel pretty good, no nausea or throwing up! yeah! so today:

b: oj and lemon slice cake (i just love this stuff)
s: chocolate chip cookies
l: pb & j and chocolate chip cookies
s: chocolate chip cookies (ok i'm only having about 2 a time but still...mmmmm).
d: have no idea...

I'm drinking tons of water too...haven't been able to do that in a few days so it's good!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#69 of 129 Old 03-13-2008, 06:55 PM

yesterday- crap day but not as bad as tuesday

b- strawberry banna smootie w/ yougurt
l- KFC chicken breast & mash potatoes
s- ice cream bar, jerky stick
d baked potato and a bit of steak

today so far- worse than yesterday
smoothie
2 krispy kreme doughnuts
jerky stick
buiscut- kinda old not that good

still to eat
my hubby will make me something for dinner
glass of whole milk
~ a cup of oj- with prenatals
#70 of 129 Old 03-14-2008, 03:27 PM

My appetite sucks.

I had 2 cups of soymilk before 8 am this morning, I woke up RAVENOUS and had to get something in my tummy. I was up at 5 and up at 7:30 chugging glasses of it!

B:Rye toast with EB, blue gatorade
S: chocolate chip cookies with soymilk
L: Chunky Savory Vegetable soup
S: cookies, an orange

Dinner better be good! That's all I have to say!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#71 of 129 Old 03-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Yesterday...

B: Hemp waffles w/peanut butter and agave nectar & morningstar sausages

L: Nachos w/homemade refried beans, cheese, and cabbage

D: Baked acorn squash, breaded tofu, and broccoli w/nutritional yeast gravy

Seems like all I can manage are meals, but I know I need to be eating more snacks!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#72 of 129 Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 PM

Someone else with the sea salt and vinegar chips! I thought I was the only one! I ate a whole bag with sour cream. sigh...

I have been very hungry today, and very nauseous this week, last week was not so bad. I'm ten weeks today, I thought I'd be done by now.

I had B- Whole grain cereal with yogurt, raisins, and whole milk, and pinenuts.

S- beefstick and cheese, and cashews

L- leftover beef noodle dinner with beans and cheese

s-same as lunch! :

d- sausages, omelets with chives and a glass of veggie juice

S- cocoa, and a bowl of cereal.

It looks like a lot, but it wasn't really. I think I'm doing OK. I'm going to go eat my snack now!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#73 of 129 Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Makes_5 View Post
Ugh - I have managed to stop my actual throwing up with crystallized ginger, but I can't find anything that I want to eat.
Ok, I tried crystallized ginger for the first time today, and blech! It tasted like uncooked chinese food or something to me! I didn't like it one bit! Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
I'm ten weeks today, I thought I'd be done by now.
I'm 11w1d and it's STILL going on. Now I'm crossing my fingers that 12w will be the magic number, b/c it's my birthday and we're going into NYC for dinner. I WILL eat, damnit!

I barely ate today. It's like, crumbs that aren't worth mentioning. Although, I did try soymilk with molasses in a feeble attempt to up my iron, and boy was it ... interesting. Nasty, but interesting. And I baked sugar cookies and invited my best friend over to help, and we just finished icing them with crazy colors and sprinkles. It was good girl bonding time, just what I needed!!!

#74 of 129 Old 03-16-2008, 12:39 AM

B: Morning star sausages, 2 fried eggs, and ww toast

S: I had a nap!

L: Nachos again

S#1: celery w/peanut butter and cream cheese (not together, there was an assortment!)

S#2: Left over breaded tofu w/nutritional yeast gravy

I need to eat dinner still, the kitchen is a mess, and Dh's already eaten. Not great for motivating this momma to cook anything.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#75 of 129 Old 03-16-2008, 11:48 PM

OMG lol this weekend was so bad. Well, first off we had a 7 hour drive to houston on friday and a 7 hour drive back today.

So on the way there I had string cheese then

the next day waffles and sausage for breakfast
popcorn shrimp and fries for lunch
homemade mashed potato and carne empanadas for dinner (sooo delicious! DH's Aunt Yoli is an awesome cook!!!)

Then today we had Sweet Tomato's Buffet (soup, salad, and baked potato) for brunch
Pita Chips, a handful of circus crackers and some cheese its for dinner lol. I just didnt want to stop and get, like McDonalds or something... yuck!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#76 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 01:39 AM

Ooooh and add to that homemade kolache (nut roll) that my grandma makes for easter They are D-E-licious!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#77 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
OMG the sea salt and vinegar kettle chips....MMMMMM. We had a bag last week but they only lasted one day in our house.
I craved and ate those like crazy with my son!! But this time around, even though I know I love them.. the thought turns my stomach. Nothing that I normally like sounds/tastes good, and all of it leaves me feeling terribly nauseous. I'm eating wraps (lots of fresh veggies and some chicken breast) and salads. I feel sick afterwards, but not for as long as with other stuff. Anything fatty/greasy/dairy kills me. BUT those Samoas girl scout cookies were worth the bought of nausea

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#78 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Yesterday:

B: Spinach bagel w/cream cheese

L: Egg salad on ww bread

S: Hot chocolate (bad girl!)

D: Nasty-but-oh-so-good Chinese food

I think that was my most unhealthy day yet!

#79 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM

I have developed an obsession/addiction/craving for Subway's Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sub! Help! (lol) And of course, with extra sweet onion sauce and lots of hots! I have to try to duplicate it in my kitchen so I can stop asking my poor husband to bring it home to me. LOL!!
#80 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I have developed an obsession/addiction/craving for Subway's Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sub! Help! (lol) And of course, with extra sweet onion sauce and lots of hots! I have to try to duplicate it in my kitchen so I can stop asking my poor husband to bring it home to me. LOL!!

oh that is by far one of my favourites!!

I am having just a hard time eating well this time....it's not that I have no appetite or that my ick stomache is keeping me from eating but I have no desire to make anything...so it's sooo hard to find something to eat that is healthy

So far today...

half a bowl of cheerios
chicken terriyaki sandwish and 3 chesse cubes
#81 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 02:21 PM

My new thing is Nerds. I went from Sour Patch Kids to Nerds like, overnite.

Anyway, not too sick today which is fantastic! 2nd Trimester, here I come! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - I hope...

B1: Glass of soymilk & glass of apple juice upon waking up.
B2: Cereal w/soymilk (I forget the name of the cereal, oh well)
S: rye toast with margarine, 2 small boxes of Nerds
L: medium fries and a small coke from Wendy's

My co-worker is out getting the Wendy's right now, so that's as far as I've gotten today.

Chris is getting exasperated with me eating junk. He keeps trying to get me to eat healthy - it's kind of cute. I told him, all in time, babe, once the nausea goes away and I feel like eating, I will be the healthiest-eating pregnant woman on the planet. Until then, I want my Nerds, lol.

#82 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Until then, I want my Nerds, lol.
You're too funny! I feel the same way though. Just let me feel like a normal human again and I promise I'll do better with my diet. My vice right now is jelly beans. I found some vegan fruit-juice sweetened ones at Whole Foods and they're yummy. I hoard them! Not the best, I know but they keep my blood sugar up which is what I desperately need right now. My other vice is Soy Delicious...Turtle Trails. OMG...vegan caramel and chocolate...can't beat that!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#83 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 03:17 PM

I'm eating well. Cooking a lot and trying to eat at home. I've noticed I get more protein and less calories buy a LOT just by eating out less. I guess that makes sense... I'm also terribly MSG sensitive when I'm pregnant so I feel safer eating home cooked food. I think the migraine I had yesterday was a byproduct of movie theatre snacks.
#84 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I love this It was one of my favs with my son, and it didn't help that I worked at Subway, so I ate it 5 days a week, lol. It's best with pepper put on the chicken when it's hot, then s.o. sauce, them jalapenos.. yummy!

#85 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM

I keep intending to join this thread but everytime I try to I'm just mortified at what I've eaten... or better put been able to eat. Oy. With ms MUCH MUCH better now I'm starting to have more success with food. It's also comforting that there seems to be no judgment here

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#86 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 PM

No judgement from me, Kristie, I'm going with what I'm able to keep down for the time being. Can't be picky when nothing sounds good and everything makes you sick! Luckily this time around, the more bland, the better. I've been living off of fresh veggies and plain chicken. With the occassional girl scout cookie or 5 thrown in.. definitely worth the stomach ache afterwards

#87 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 06:46 PM

Who can argue with Girl Scout cookies? I just got major indigestion from a handful (or so) of the All Abouts. Totally worth it! lol

BTW, I've had moderate success with small slices of Monterey Jack cheese whenever I feel indigestion. Hope that helps someone!
#88 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 PM

No judgment here. I had cocoa puffs for breakfast.
#89 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 PM

yes yes... I had my share of about 4 samoas this afternoon And about 5 yesterday. I just ate 3 slices of cheese which have been very easy for me to eat this time around... even through the ms. Monterey Jack and wheat thins where a staple "meal" for a while.

Today ( from what I remember)

Morning: very small amount of scrambled eggs like maybe equal to 4 bites

Mid morning: half of a roll with 2 slices of turkey and a slice of cheese with lettuce

Afternoon: 1 slice of cheese pizza with a pile of cukes,grape tomatos and baby carrots... and a little ranch for the dippin'. Did I forget to mention the slice I ate while setting up lunch for the kids a half hour before? Oh and then the piece while cleaning up an hour later? I serve pizza lunch on Mondays at my kiddos very small cutie patootie Jewish day school. These LO's are not used to any kind of hot lunch so Monday's are a BIG BIG treat! Fun for me too but I digress...

Mid afternoon: this is where the cookies came in yeah baby! and a small handful of trail mix.

Early evening: those 3 slices of cheese

To be continued...

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#90 of 129 Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
No judgment here. I had cocoa puffs for breakfast.
awesome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page