March "What Are We Eating" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We need a new thread! I think we all appreciated and needed the previous thread so, here you go!

Confess away ladies! Just think, by the time March is over, the majority of us will be out of the 1st tri! Hooray! That means we'll hopefully feel better and thus be able to eat better too.

Happy March, mamas!
#2 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM

Woo Hoo! I realized it was March but didn't even think of starting a new thread. At least one of us doesn't have placenta brain, lol!

I just inhaled a slice of DH's chocolate birthday cake with a glass of soymilk.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 PM

I've been out of town for the last couple days and my diet was shot to hell. I did manage to figure out a way to steep my herbs every night in the hotel room though!!! Morning sickness has finally caught up with me too, still not throwing up but I am T.H.I.S. close all day. If I can force food past my throat I feel better, but I usually take so long in doing so that it's way too bad by the time I'm trying to get it down. Sigh. I feel for you ladies who have been dealing with this all along!!!! It's definitely effecting the choices I'm making and I pretty much have stopped snacking.

B: Sprouted Wheat Bagel with avocado and 2 fried eggs

L: Cheese and Spinach Ravioli w/soy sauce and nutritional yeast

D: I was thinking I'm going to bake an acorn squash and figure out something to go with it... but reading the last thread has my mouth watering for mexican food!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#4 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Well, I knew I needed to eat something, so I managed a bowl of cereal for dinner. And DH picked up some Fitz's root beer that one of the foodie markets started carrying. I love me some Fitz's.
#5 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM

I'm just going to hang out here and hope something inspires me because I have not wanted to eat much of anything last few days...The nausea is crazy and I have never had worse heartburn in my entire life. Of course for most of the last 2 weeks I have ONLY wanted to eat pizza, so that could have something to do with the heartburn...
Right now I can only sip tea and whine...

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#6 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

I'm noticing my appetite is increasing but food still sounds awful! What a terrible combination! Bleh. Today I've had:

Lg glass of milk (shocking, right? )
Edy's Fruit Bar
Cheese Nips
Apple Juice
8oz Naked Juice Energy blend
Dinner is in the oven: Lasagna with cheesy garlic bread

I'm realizing I've had no substance today! No wonder I didn't feel right this evening after teaching class. I should've typed this stuff out earlier!
#7 of 129 Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Today has been bad. I've had. . . an Egg McMuffin, 2 donuts and a couple of handfuls of saltwater taffy. Yes, I've been horrible.

I don't know what dinner is yet--we're going out because my kitchen sink is backed up on the garbage disposal side and I can't stand to look at it. I've been craving pasta for weeks, so I'm hoping we go for italian. There's a little place down the road that has fabulous linguine marinara and sourdough bread and it sounds sooooo good!

We went away for the weekend and left the kids with my parents. It's been hard coming home after 4 days and getting back into the swing of parenting and non-restaurant meals again.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#8 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM

DH is super sick so I made my "famous" chicken soup! Mmmmm, just chicken, carrots, celery, and onion cut up and seasoned with cayenne, italian herbs, fresh garlic and paprika super good, I promise

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#9 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 12:46 AM

I was doing pretty well until DH brought home the first round of Girl Scout cookies that he purchased from one of his students. I felt like I was actually sitting inside the cupboard, staring at those boxes all day. I couldn't take my mind off them! I managed to eat some other semi-healthy things today; Kashi cereal, milk, string cheese, an apple, chicken sausage and salad for dinner. But, I ate those cookies on and off ALL DAY! And, he brought home the 2nd batch from another student tonight!!! I say "fail those kids!" At least I didn't throw them up.
#10 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 AM

I have totally been hit by nausea that makes it hard to eat. I'm still eating pretty well but it's hard. It's annoying too. The other day I could not touch tomatoes. I *love* tomatoes. Today I couldn't look at sour cream. I *love* sour cream. But just something about it... I'm having a harder time cooking too which sucks since I'm the household cook!! But anyways, I'm trying. I need to do a LOT better on drinking water.

Breakfast - Peanut butter + melted butter on rice/almond bread slices (2), a few apple slices and banana segments dipped into whole milk yogurt. I couldn't finish the yogurt I love yogurt ; ;

Lunch - Beans and rice, Jamaican style, pickle (omg it was so good).

Snack - plain popcorn + 16oz milk.

Supper - Mexican lasagna and another pickle (soooo yummy)

Treat - ice cream (omg I actually ate pickles and ice cream today)

Goal for this week - drink more water throughout the day.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#11 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 AM

Oh my gosh, Skrimpy, I luuuuurrrrrvvvvveeee melted butter on peanut butter! I've never found anyone outside of my immediate family (cause my fam loves it too) that doesn't think I'm totally weird!

We ended up going to mexican tonight; my first pregnancy craving! I ordered an enchilada, but couldn't eat it, it was just too cheesy. But the beans and rice and corn tortillas totally hit the spot!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#12 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 01:23 AM

I can't stop eating Kettle Salt & Vinegar chips. They're like crack. My husband and I are equally bad about eating them, so we normally don't keep them in the house, but...

#13 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 01:24 AM

I so need this. I have had a hard time eating. first major wave of nausea today, although the food aversion has been in full force since BFP. but over all it was a really good food day

b: oatmeal
L: pumpkin soup
d: beef stew
glass of grape juice

snacks
a bunch of grapes
a special k bliss bar (these are soooo good, tastes like chocolate orange)
a few kernels of popcorn
a handful of sunflower seeds

prenatal vitamins

overall about two glasses of water- no good

i will probably eat an ice cream bar, the last one, but oddly i am craving sausage.
#14 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 03:59 AM

Lol, midnight snack of Kix cereal. Mmmm, yummy blandness.

On the downside, I threw up not too long ago and I thought I was over that hump (haha) because I hadnt for about 3 days... And I hadnt eaten anything in like 4 hours! I was just bile!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#15 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 AM

I have been living on lara bars, and gatorade with crushed ice.
#16 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Ok I think i found a "trigger" for my MS. it's dairy...any dairy! I knew milk made me puke but I can't even have yogurt or pudding or sour cream...blah..this sucks! I noticed after I haven't had any dairy the last day or two and felt pretty good. I had a burritto with sour cream yesterday and felt nauseated after. So this morning, instead of yogurt or pudding for bfast I just had a piece of toast with jam. So far so good. Well see how the rest of the day goes.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#17 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysaurus View Post
Ok I think i found a "trigger" for my MS. it's dairy...any dairy! I knew milk made me puke but I can't even have yogurt or pudding or sour cream...blah..this sucks! I noticed after I haven't had any dairy the last day or two and felt pretty good. I had a burritto with sour cream yesterday and felt nauseated after. So this morning, instead of yogurt or pudding for bfast I just had a piece of toast with jam. So far so good. Well see how the rest of the day goes.
I take it back...i take it all back. I just puked up applesauce...blah. i'm going down hill....this sucks! i wanna go home. Having MS at work just sucks!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#18 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Mmmm, steak omelette this morning

#19 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM

I made fettuccine carbonara last night.... mmmm lots of protein between the eggs, parmesan cheese and bacon!

today all I have managed is my frapp made with raw milk, coconut oil, brewer's yeast and nescafe ice java syrup... maybe if I switched the syrup for some fruit it would be better for me... but I need that little bit of caffeine...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#20 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysaurus View Post
I take it back...i take it all back. I just puked up applesauce...blah. i'm going down hill....this sucks! i wanna go home. Having MS at work just sucks!
It definitely is the worst being sick at work! I was this close to leaving work early the other day, but I stuck it out.

Today's been a blah day for me, no nausea (hooray!) but no appetite either.

B: Rye toast with EB
L: pasta salad, sauteed mushrooms, and BEETS! I'm loving beets lately.
S: Morningstar Chick'n strips, Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein shake

Oh - and I had the hugest craving for dunkin donuts decaf coffee, black with some sugar. That's how Chris takes his coffee, and lately that's the only way I can drink it (instead of with a ton of creamer, the way I ALWAYS drank my coffee). Chris joked the other day, "Hey, it's almost like you've got a little bit of me growing in there!"

I'm trying to up the protein on days I feel good, hopefully I'm getting enough for my little nugget to thrive. I read online I'm at a "crucial developmental time" this week -- isn't every week crucial, lol? Either way, I'm still trying to do my best to get the nutrients in!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#21 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 PM

B: 2 english muffins, one with butter and agave nectar and the other with butter and an avocado

S: 2 carrots and some greek yogut

L: Popcorn with nutritional yeast

I really need to work out how I'm going to get some more protein. I just don't eat enough!! For snacks at work this afternoon I'm brining some pistachio nuts and an apple. We'll see what Dh cooks up for dinner, hope it's something yummy!

#22 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM

I'm eating...everything...

Spanish rice to crackers to potato salad, to chocolate cake, to stewed apples, to eggs, to bacon, to hmmm about everything...

And lots of ginger ale
#23 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 05:18 PM

crappy food day.

so far
b- oatmeal - gaged down
s1- a piece of wheat bread.

nothing even remotely sounds good for lunch, and it is getting late for lunch anyways.
#24 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM

My appetite has increased incredibly over the past few days. I've never experienced a first trimester ravenous appetite before so this is a complete surprise.

Anyway, today I have had so far...

Cheerios w/ soy milk, OJ, cinnamon raisin bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese

Seaweed salad, peas, corn & mock chicken, an apple, pickles

Minuite Maid soft limeade

Amy's veggie pot pie pocket, Vitamin Water, chocolate Newman's O's

Today was the first time I have been able to come near my kitchen in weeks, let alone cook in it. I made dinner for a friend who is newly PP and ate as I cooked. I made her a leek, white bean, and biscuit casserole (from the book Veganomicon which is fabulous!) and chocolate cupcakes with cookies and cream icing. I made double so we'll be having the same thing for dinner tonight.

I'm already wishing it was dinnertime!:

Hey Carrie...I've been meaning to ask...are Red Robin's onion rings really vegan??? Please say they are...I've been having major onion ring cravings!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#25 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM

I can not get enough MILK! I have drank almost 3 gallons in 3 days.

I don't have morning sickness as in nauseaus, just a general not-feeling-quite-right. I have to keep eating to feel better. I've been surviving on mini whole wheat bagels with cashew butter, hummus and pita chips, and almonds. I made the mistake of eating brussel sprouts last night and I just feel bloated icky today. Actually, I don't think I've eaten a vegetable in days that didn't revolt on me. Not good.

DH is making salmon tonight...it sounds appetizing now. Hope it still does later.
#26 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Hey Carrie...I've been meaning to ask...are Red Robin's onion rings really vegan??? Please say they are...I've been having major onion ring cravings!!
I say they are, I haven't found anything online to suggest that they aren't (like eggs in the batter or anything). They are most likely fried in the same oil as other things, but other than that, I'm 99% sure they're ok. To be really sure you could always contact their corporate office.

#27 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Today I've had:

Blueberry pancakes
leftover lasagna
16oz of milk
fries
12oz Naked Juice energy blend
Dinner: ?? We'll see what sounds good after I get done teaching class.

I've had a good day today, I've felt pretty good. Tired but no nausea. I really think it's because I've EATEN today!
#28 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soogie View Post
I can not get enough MILK! I have drank almost 3 gallons in 3 days.

I don't have morning sickness as in nauseaus, just a general not-feeling-quite-right. I have to keep eating to feel better. I've been surviving on mini whole wheat bagels with cashew butter, hummus and pita chips, and almonds. I made the mistake of eating brussel sprouts last night and I just feel bloated icky today. Actually, I don't think I've eaten a vegetable in days that didn't revolt on me. Not good.

DH is making salmon tonight...it sounds appetizing now. Hope it still does later.
HEY!!! My due date buddy is also a milk buddy! Mama, I drink milk like I'll never get to have it again! Glad to hear I'm not alone!
#29 of 129 Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidpineapple View Post
I can't stop eating Kettle Salt & Vinegar chips. They're like crack. My husband and I are equally bad about eating them, so we normally don't keep them in the house, but...

I just finished off a bag this morning. I managed to make it last 4 or 5 days though; only because DH must have known what was good for him and didn't touch them!
#30 of 129 Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM

Dinner ended up being a curry mish-mash: thai green curry paste with potatoes, beets, and pineapple over rice! It was yummy, though now I'm craving tater tots and it's almost time to get in bed! Maybe just a little late night snack though... :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page