More spotting...*sigh* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm spotting, again. It's brown but it seems more abundant than the other 2 times this has happened (when AF was due, and then a couple weks ago). It's freaking me out even though I know that spotting in the 1st tri is not uncommon and is often normal. I've felt better yesterday and today than I have in 2 weeks and now that's worrying me too. I still feel pg, but I'm not having the nausea like I was. I'm still tired though. No abnormal cramping, thank goodness. I hate that the 1st tri is such a stressful waiting game. I'm ready to be able to celebrate without worrying. It's worse than any 2ww! Thanks for reading another thread about spotting. Please send any positive thoughts and prayers you have my way please. Thanks......
#2 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 AM

Sending you TONS of positive thoughts and vibes!

I had brown spotting with my first at 5 weeks... with this one I have been spotting since Sunday night on and off, but all brown. In fact Sunday my symptoms went away COMPLETELY - I felt totally normal and definitely not pg, and I had a total meltdown when I first saw the spotting. I was 100% convinced it was over, and told DH, my Mom, and sister as much (for the record they thought I was over-reacting a tad). Fast forward to today, spotting has pretty much subsided and I feel like crap again (yay?)

All this blabbing is me trying to say I am sure it is nothing and I hope it goes away soon. I also hate the 1st tri. It drags on forever! Keep us posted...
#3 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

^Thanks.....it really does help.
#4 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 12:31 AM

I know it is so hard NOT to worry but just try to do just that, rest, drink lots of fluids and keep a positive outlook! Sending you tons of :

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#5 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:03 AM

Sending you lots of vibes and prayers that your little peanut is growing and doing great. I know from experience how scary it can be. Try your best to relax and not stress. Have you started any red raspberry yet, I know it helped me. It is great to take your whole pregnancy. I can't wait for March to be over for all of us. That way we can all have a sigh of relief and get on to the best part of being pregnant. Helen
#6 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 AM

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#7 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:42 AM

I'm sending you some vibes. : I hope this is just normal spotting for the 1st tri. Please take it easy, and try not to stress (easy said than done.)

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#8 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:45 AM

Sending you every positive thought I can spare! vibes too!!!
#9 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#10 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM

: Stick, baby, stick!
#11 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 AM

me too and I'm a wreck (even though I had this until 16 weeks with my son and I saw a good h/b yesterday).

Hang in there!

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#12 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Aren't you coming up on 8 weeks or so? It's possible you might be spotting around the time you would have gotten your period again. Either way, it's brown, so try not to panic too much. Try not to scrutinize your symptoms, just rest up, take your mind off it - rent a movie or something, and just relax.

You're in my thoughts, as always!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM

I swear I spotted every 3 to 4 weeks for ever with my ds. It didnt last the entire pregnancy, but I remember going to the ER at 14 weeks because I was sure it was over. They pretty much laughed at me and then felt sorry for me once they realized I had been crying.
#14 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Hoping you're feeling better today as well!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#15 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Aren't you coming up on 8 weeks or so? It's possible you might be spotting around the time you would have gotten your period again. Either way, it's brown, so try not to panic too much. Try not to scrutinize your symptoms, just rest up, take your mind off it - rent a movie or something, and just relax.

You're in my thoughts, as always!
Thanks! Now that I'm looking at the calendar, I'd be 12dpo today if we'd had to TTC another cycle.......so, AF would be due tomorrow. *phew* That makes me feel a little better. It seems I'm spotting every 2wks. Stressful. But, I haven't seen anymore this morning. I'm talking to my doula right now. She's 12w2d today so she's almost in the clear! She's pretty sure that since the spotting is like clockwork every 2 wks that it's the placenta getting established.
#16 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Hope that you're doing better, Tara.
I'm sending you lots of sticky baby vibes!
#17 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 02:22 PM

I know it is stressful for you and trying not to worry is easier said than done, but seriously, try not to worry too much. Get lots of rest, stay hydrated, and know that many, many mamas have experienced exactly what you describe and have extremely healthy babes 30+ weeks later. I gotta agree w/ your doula...I'd likely attribute this type of spotting to the development of your placenta.

Again...lots of

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#18 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Maybe because you felt so good yesterday you might have overdone it a little? Feel better!
#19 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Just sending lots of hugs your way! It does sound like it could be the development of the placenta. I had spotting with my last two pg's, so i know how nerve rackingit can be (i also went on to have 2 beautiful baby girls). Hope u feel better, mama!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#20 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM

((((hugs)))) It's good that it's brown spotting and that you've noticed it seems to happen every two weeks. Probably just baby getting settled and I'm sharing my sticky baby vibes with you

I agree that it seems a little unfair that the first trimester is such a waiting game. You're ecstatic but at the same time have to be a little reserved about it. It's also hard when you find out really early that you're pg lol. You have longer to wait it out

Sticky baby vibes for all of us!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#21 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Maybe because you felt so good yesterday you might have overdone it a little? Feel better!
I thought this exact thing. I did feel a lot better today and taught my 4 classes and tried not to do too much since I know it'd be easy to do. I have a nice restful day today with only 1 client tonight and an appt with my aestitician (sp?) this afternoon.

Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts everyone. I feel so silly freaking everytime I see any spotting but I just can't help it.
#22 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Hey, don't feel silly, it is like walking on egg shells this first trimester malarky!!

Rest and take it easy and I hope it soon subsides.
#23 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 09:16 PM

GOOD VIBES GOOD VIBES GOOD VIBES
#24 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 09:19 PM

I hope baby is doing well!!! Can you get an ultrasound to set you mind at ease?

I've been worrying like crazy too. I hope to get an ultrasound when I go in next Wednesday.
#25 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

^The spotting has stopped for now. I feel pretty reassured right now, thanks to all the support on here and my doula. I really don't want to do the u/s thing since seeing bad news would be more stressful and damaging to my psyche than just waiting it out I think. I'm trying to stick to having only 1 u/s at about 20wks.
#26 of 27 Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 PM

You are so much stronger than I am. I was sure I would only get the one u/s. But when I was faced with a possible m/c and my totally mainstream doc mentioned u/s as a matter of course, I jumped at the chance. (And I'm having a second one on Friday.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#27 of 27 Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
You are so much stronger than I am. I was sure I would only get the one u/s. But when I was faced with a possible m/c and my totally mainstream doc mentioned u/s as a matter of course, I jumped at the chance. (And I'm having a second one on Friday.
I guess it helps that I'm not seeing my OB until I'm 14 weeks so I won't have those ideas offered to me. Plus, I really do have great support from my best friend/doula. I don't know what I'd do without her. I just know that if I did have an u/s and it showed the worst, it wouldn't change anything. Nothing could be done and I would just have to wait in complete misery, knowing what's coming. At least for now, I can still think positively and hope, saving myself the stress of knowing too much. Sometimes ignorance is bliss......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page