Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
i have been having trouble with low blood sugar causing me to shake horribly!
I am having the opposite issue....My glucometer was broken and I kept forgetting to take it in...but wasn't really worried cuz my GD has never started this early before...well I finally get it fixed and when I took it today it was high and I had barely had anything to eat today....so now I know why I have been feeling so crappy...ugh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
I am having the opposite issue....My glucometer was broken and I kept forgetting to take it in...but wasn't really worried cuz my GD has never started this early before...well I finally get it fixed and when I took it today it was high and I had barely had anything to eat today....so now I know why I have been feeling so crappy...ugh...
I wish we could swap a little of our problems so they would level out!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I wish we could swap a little of our problems so they would level out!
oh wouldn't that be nice..lol
Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM

Bumping this thread instead of starting one...

I had my MW appt today. Nothing interesting really but I like it that way. She wasn't able to find the hb with the doppler so she went ahead and checked with the US real quick. Baby was dancing around. I had my run of the mill prenatal lab work done by the MW in her office so that was nice and easy. And painless!

(Note to Tara- Have them use a butterfly needle. You can't even feel it!)

So DH had taken off the whole day for my appointment and we have had a nice day together shopping and running errands. I am SOO GLAD the morning sickness is gone now.

To top off a really great day, I got home to see that I won the cutest babystyle outfit NWT on ebay for 24 dollars!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 PM

Joro, good news! Isn't it incredible to see them wiggling around??

I brought my sister with me today so she could see the u/s and take a video of it for us! If you're interested, here are babies A & B! I was a little upset that B was sleeping, because last night I had a very brief ultrasound where both of them were asleep...

Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Celeste, that video is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing that! That's where I'm at so seeing that was like seeing my own! How neat! By the way, seeing 2 was just so cool.

Nothing new to report here, just the same old. Except my nausea came back today and yesterday and so food is my enemy. Tired as hell. Going to go lie down and watch tv - er, I mean, make dinner. LOL.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM

: It's the weekend for me! I have every-other Friday off and tomorrow I am getting a massage in the AM and judging a science fair in the evening, then the real weekend starts! Just happy to have made it through the weekend with no headache for the last two days, and through my caffeine withdrawal.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Wow!!!! That video was awesome! My MW's good machine is still broken so I could see nothing on the US and surely couldn't make out parts. Again, not worried but if I'm going to have one, I might as well see somoe cool stuff.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:48 PM

Oh Celeste...that is beautiful! What a special thing to have caught it on video!! You have seriously got this preggo, hormonal mama in tears over here! Thanks SO much for sharing!

I actually had a relatively good day today. My bf called me this am to drag my butt to storytime with our littles and then we went out for sushi...so funny hearing a 4y/o, 20m/o, and a 28m/o begging for sushi for lunch. It was precious. The weather was beautiful today- lower 80's- so we headed over to the park. I think getting out in the fresh air and sunshine did amazing things for me. I hardly had any queasiness all day...except when I was feeling hungry. When my older two got home from school my 6y/o and I went out for ice cream together. I also did a bit of window shopping for a new sling (I've about decided I want a Moby this time around).

It was such a fabulous day compared to how crappy I've felt lately. I'm hoping that now that this babe has reached fetushood (yay! 9 weeks today!)that things will start to level out.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post

I brought my sister with me today so she could see the u/s and take a video of it for us! If you're interested, here are babies A & B! I was a little upset that B was sleeping, because last night I had a very brief ultrasound where both of them were asleep...

Last night I was in to meet the nurse at my OB practice, and I was very unhappy with the style and attitude. I want OUT of this practice, even though I'm only going to be here in PA for another 6 weeks. Their "care" has me seriously considering a homebirth.
OMG that was amazing!!! I lvoe the video!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:08 AM

you guys are so sweet!

babycakes, sorry to hear the m/s is back. mine fluctuates, too. just keep snacking!

birthdancedoula, when you talked about measuring your fundus, I looked up how, and today I felt mine (I think, lol)! Thanks for letting us know it was possible so early. Glad to hear you had such a nice day!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
If you are seriously considering a homebirth let me know if you need a midwife recommendation. I know of a lot of midwives here in Portland.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
:
birthdancedoula, when you talked about measuring your fundus, I looked up how, and today I felt mine (I think, lol)! Thanks for letting us know it was possible so early. Glad to hear you had such a nice day!
do share..how do i do it?

and OT, but is anyone else having amazing(not the X-rated variety) dreams? Mine is actually a continuing storyline (that I am just LOOOOOVING) of which I'm the star...every time I Go to bed it's like a show and to be honest, everyday I can't WAIT to go to sleep just so I can enter dreamland and I do not want to wake up.
I totally know that I'm using it to escape reality right now but I don't care! I was actually goin to post on the mental health section of the boards asking if *wanting* to escape reality this way could be a sign of depression. anyone know?

Am I the only one? :

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 03-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
do share..how do i do it?
Feeling your fundus...you want to lay down on your back in bed and feel around just above your pubic bone. If your uterus has reached your abdomen you'll be able to feel a firm, muscle-like (ok, well it is a muscle) ridge. At this point its probably about the size of a large orange (normally being the size of a pear in its non-preggo state). Most often the uterus doesn't become abdominal until about 10-12 weeks but for mamas who've given birth lots before or who may be carrying multiples, it can be felt sooner. Just make sure to have an empty bladder so you don't end up confusing it for your uterus.

As for the vivid dreams...I would enjoy it while it lasts for you. Many mamas find themselves having very vivid dreams in pregnancy. It is completely normal as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life. I had a crazy on-going dream about giving birth to kittens w/ my last pregancy. I must have had it every night for over a week. It was actually kind of cool and I couldn't wait til I could doze off and enter dreamland. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed when dd turned out to be a human instead of a feline, LOL!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:31 PM

And don't expect to be able to feel it by now. (Just a warning because I don't want you to worry if you can't) This is my 4th baby and yesterday my midwife said mine wasn't high enough to feel yet at 10 weeks. I'm smallish but not thin.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
As for the vivid dreams...I would enjoy it while it lasts for you. Many mamas find themselves having very vivid dreams in pregnancy. It is completely normal as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life. I had a crazy on-going dream about giving birth to kittens w/ my last pregancy. I must have had it every night for over a week. It was actually kind of cool and I couldn't wait til I could doze off and enter dreamland. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed when dd turned out to be a human instead of a feline, LOL!!
LoL I have been having crazy weird dream (no X rated dreams really lol) but usually I don't dream. ever. but lately i will doze off for about 20 minutes and dream lol! i'm kinda liking them *although* oftentimes there will be sexy dream that, ummmm, don't include my DH, so I always wake up like *WTH* we will just keep those dreams to ourself and /not/tell/DH/

Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM

OMG I am so tired today, I feel like a zombie. Or like I'm having an out of body experience. I feel like taking a nap at my desk. Oh no!

My dreams are crazy. I've had quite a few odd ones, but the most recent one (beside the nightmare I had about LOST last night, lol) was that my baby was a boy, and he was so QUICK at picking up nursing! He just climbed up my belly and was like, give me boob! That being said, we were also on a huge spacecraft, like the Daedalus from Stargate Atlantis, and we were going on some sort of mission to another galaxy. Go figure! Crazy dreams, but they are a lot of fun. I do think about what sort of adventure I'm going to have at night before I fall asleep!

11 weeks today!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 03-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
LoL I have been having crazy weird dream (no X rated dreams really lol) but usually I don't dream. ever. but lately i will doze off for about 20 minutes and dream lol! i'm kinda liking them *although* oftentimes there will be sexy dream that, ummmm, don't include my DH, so I always wake up like *WTH* we will just keep those dreams to ourself and /not/tell/DH/
Ahem. No comment.

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Bumping this thread instead of starting one...

I had my MW appt today. Nothing interesting really but I like it that way. She wasn't able to find the hb with the doppler so she went ahead and checked with the US real quick. Baby was dancing around. I had my run of the mill prenatal lab work done by the MW in her office so that was nice and easy. And painless!

(Note to Tara- Have them use a butterfly needle. You can't even feel it!)

So DH had taken off the whole day for my appointment and we have had a nice day together shopping and running errands. I am SOO GLAD the morning sickness is gone now.

To top off a really great day, I got home to see that I won the cutest babystyle outfit NWT on ebay for 24 dollars!
Thanks for thinking of me.... If I hadn't decided to postpone my first visit, it would've been today. Why am I feeling such terrible anxiety today over something that isn't even happening today! It's like my body knows it was supposed to be today and is thus freaking out. *shiver* I don't think I'm worried about the pain of the initial stick....it's more of the way it'll feel and what they're doing during. The idea of what it is weirds me out and makes me squirm. blehh....

Quote:

That is too neat!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Baby Cakes So sorry to hear you're feeling icky again. Hopefully since you're so close to the 2nd tri, you'll only feel icky a couple more times.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Hey guys!

Its been a while since I've been on here, busy times lately and not much on-computer time it seems! I'm 10 weeks as of today. Still feeling not AS bad as the last pregnancy. I think I am better at forcing myself to eat every few hours - despite feeling like I'm going to throw up, and whenever I do eat I immediately feel better. That and havnig an 18 month old who won't let me sit down, certainly not lie down on the couch and moan all night, I think is making me handle it better. I'm having some crazy cravings this pregnancy, though, last time nothing sounded good - this time I am eating things I never eat, mostly junk food! Well smoothies, those are good, but MacDonalds? Kraft Dinner???! Ugh, so bad.

Sorry so many people are feeling icky again. I remember having a bit of a reprieve around 9/10 weeks before m/s came back with a vengence for another 3-4 weeks. Mine truly didn't end at 12/13 weeks last time, and the food aversions stayed until the end.

I love the video of the twins, that is so amazing. Makes me think we should video our ultrasounds too, I wonder if they would allow it? Last time my cell phone rang and the woman yelled at me, said it would mess up the machines? Strange...

Lindsay
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Oooh, dreams, yes! I've been having the most vivid, real dreams that I could swear they are happening. Some have definitely been X rated, some have been super sweet and like I don't want to wake up, and I've even had a few nightmares. Dh had to wake me up b/c I was yelling in my sleep over the last one... it's not like it was even that scary when I woke up: I was in the bathtub and could see three very young boys (10?) trying to break into our house, got up, threw a robe on, and when they saw me they ran away, I tried to run after them and yell at them but no sound would leave my throat b/c I was so scared. I wasn't pg in the dream though and I have this vague feeling like my baby was in the room they were trying to enter, so that's probably why it was so scary in the dream.

AAM: I've got a ton of things to do today. Gotta clean the house completely cause another midwife is coming over for an interview (including the dishes, I do NOT do dishes! : but Dh is out of town again until right before the appt), gotta give my neighbor a Reiki treatment, and I've got to start studying for my finals next week. And all I want to do is go back to sleep!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 03-14-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
And don't expect to be able to feel it by now. (Just a warning because I don't want you to worry if you can't)
Totally. The average time frame for the uterus to become abdominal is 10-12wks. And there are so many factors that play a role in that...your body type, your uterus position, your baby's growth, how your uterus lies when you lie down (its kind of just hanging out in there, only attached by a few ligaments). If you can't feel it by 10-12 wks (especially for first time mamas), no worries. With my 4th I wasn't able to palpate my fundus until 12 weeks...this time at 7 weeks. So there can be a wide range even with the same mama. It is definatley a cool thing when you can finally feel it though!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

I've been feeling my fundus since about 6-7 weeks, but this being my 5th pregnancy I kind of expected that. It's definitely more prominent this time than it has been in previous pregnancies. I bet I'll start showing sooner too.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 PM

I have been feeling so bummed lately. Today is like the worst. I don't know, I just feel so useless, and DH isn't helping much. He's not "ignoring" me, but he's letting me be alone, and sometimes I do wish he'd just come sit with me and tell me I'm not completely useless. I feel like all I can do is lie on the couch or nap. I don't know what else to do with myself, and I just feel kinda teary about it. I'm not myself. And I think he's just as confused about what to do as I am. All I want is for him to give me a huge hug and tell me that he knows my body is working hard making this baby, and that if I need rest to take it. I feel like that is what I need to hear. Boo. I need hugs.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Baby Cakes I'm so sorry you're feeling down today. I completely understand. I have had the EXACT same feelings and I think our men just don't know what to do or how to help us feel better or maybe even that we feel this way. I hope you find a way to show or tell DH what you need from him and how he can help. More s
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 PM

You sound just like I did my first pregnancy. It'll all be ok.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:35 AM

Baby_Cakes, I know what you're going through. I took the day off of work the other day, not b/c I was feeling particularly ill, but b/c I was feeling useless and unloved. For some reason, my reaction to that is to just stay in bed and mope. Dh kind of stepped up (he fed me anyways!), but he had other things to do and he just doesn't really get how different I feel already. Have you told him how you feel? I did, and it really made me feel better. There's still not much Dh can do for me, but at least I got some affirmation that he does understand I'm going through things he can't really understand. again!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 AM

s
This is me. I called my midwife the other day just to get some sympathy. I talked to her about how absolutely miserable I am and how it's so bad sometimes I wish I wasn't preg. (horrible i know) but I just feel so depressed. nausea 24/7 doesn't help the situation, neither does being so deathly tired

hang in there..

Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

I've had zero nausea so far today. Yay!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 AM

Carrie, sometimes being completely direct is the best tactic. Even though we wish our husbands were as emotionally savvy as we are, most simply don't know what to do with our clues. I suggest telling him exactly what he can do for you - you even stated it in your post to us. This is good practice for when yo've got the added challenge of a new baby and will definitely need to give him some direction.

You know we'd all come and give you hugs and sit with you if we could...

User Tag List