Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
You know we'd all come and give you hugs and sit with you if we could.
Yeah, we could get a big ol couch and all of us fatigued, nauseous, and unmotivated preggo mamas could lounge around and commiserate. I've always said mamas at the beginning of pregnancy need just as much love and pampering as those who are 9 months pregnant.

Seriously though, just be direct with him. Tell him exactly what you're needing from him...even if its just validation that you are doing something (and a very miraculous something I might add!), despite the fact you think it looks to him as though you're just vegging out on the couch. Most guys appreciate when we're direct about these things. It saves them from having to feel clueless about what are needs really are. Heck, my dh has been through this lots of times and he still needs me to tell him when I'm not feeling up to changing a diaper, making lunch, or even hoisting my sick self out of bed.

Lots of and rest assured...it does get easier.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#92 of 95 Old 03-15-2008, 02:56 PM

Thank you all so much for the replies!!! You made me realize I'm not alone in this, and that what I'm feeling isn't all that unusual. I've been direct with Chris to an extent, but part of me feels like I'm whining, so I haven't been too verbal about it. I'm actually doing much better today. It's crazy what a good night sleep can do for someone's mental strength and spirit.

I went this morning at the crack of dawn (seriously, the sun wasn't even up) to Labcorp to get my blood drawn. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was there for about an hour (from 7am to 8am) and it moved quickly, it was just busy. They took 6 or so vials of blood, but it took less than 2 minutes. Then I came home and went back to bed, lol.

I'm interested in seeing the results b/c I'm slightly afraid I'm anemic. I've been trying to eat but it isn't really happening. Prune juice is high in iron, so yesterday when I had to clean the house and had no energy, I chugged a few ounces (that stuff is just nasty) and immediately started to feel better and less dizzy/lightheaded. So we shall see. Extra iron might be in my near future - but if it makes me feel better then it's what I have to do.

Thanks again for all the support. This is what this forum is all about - us coming together when we need it. Thanks guys!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#93 of 95 Old 03-15-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you do end up finding out you're anemic, Floradix is my favorite iron-boosting supplement.
#94 of 95 Old 03-15-2008, 07:20 PM

^ Thanks, I just googled it and it does look like a great supplement. Does it taste horrible? Do you take it with OJ or anything? I've read that vitamin C helps increase the absorption of iron. I have a pretty strong feeling that I am anemic, but only the blood results will tell.

That being said, I just read to mix molasses with soymilk and drink it twice a day. Tastes....kinda like a weird caramel milk. It might not work in the morning, but once the m/s passes it might be just fine. Did I mention I'm still definitely feeling pukey? Sucks, b/c I really thought it went away. But no, still feeling like crud most of the day.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#95 of 95 Old 03-15-2008, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Floradix has an odd after-flavor, very earthy because of the herbs. I always mixed it with something, OJ would be a great choice but it does have juice in it to give it a less horrible flavor.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page