Weekly chit-chat thread 3/9-3/15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New week, new thread! Those of us due in the beginning of the month are coming up on double digit weeks! Woohoo! 1/4 of the way there. Is anyone starting to feel less nausea?

Hope it's a great week for everyone!
#2 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 03:56 PM

I'm much better than a few weeks ago. You?
#3 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I've been having good days and bad days, but the good days are getting more frequent. I no longer have first thing in the morning nausea or the right before bedtime really severe nausea I was having the last couple of weeks. I'm still having trouble eating much but I hope I can make up for it in the 2nd trimester. I've never lost this much weight in the first trimester before.
#4 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM

I am just heading into week 8 so still in the height of my nausea...and I am getting worried cuz in my last two pregnancy's my nausea didn't start till week 9....ugh.
#5 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 05:19 PM

I'm in week eight, too. I feel pretty sick and dizzy pretty much all the time.
#6 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 06:36 PM

I am 10 weeks tomorrow and my nausea seems to be lessening slightly**knock wood** I can pretty much keep things on an even keel if I don't allow myself to get too hungry...or eat too much in one sitting~~
Luckily I tend to graze throughout the day anyway, so it works for me....
Right now I am working on researching natural ways to keep my blood pressure down that are safe for pregnancy. It is already going up and I will not get my birth center water birth if I can't get it under control. Feel free to drop ideas my way~~~

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#7 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 06:41 PM

I've had pre-e a few times. I've already been thinking about this stuff too. I did the cream of tartar and lemon last time. It think it helped. Also did some kind of homeopathic during labor that helped a LOT. I took an epsom salt bath every night in my last trimester and ate a whole cucumber everyday. I don't happen to believe the brewer diet works but there are small things you can do to compliment very good nutrition.
#8 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 07:30 PM

8w4d here and doing better. I have had a few good days along with some not so great days but I've found that if I eat almost constantly I can keep the nausea at bay. I've never been ravenous in the 1st trimester before so this is a new thing for me.

I heard the babe's HB last night, which was cool. There were 3 dopplers sitting there at work and I couldn't resist the urge to listen. I'm not in a hurry to go see my mw just yet but hearing the HB was definately the reassurance I needed right now.

Have a great week mamas and happy double digits!! Those of us approaching our 9th week get to graduate to the fetal stage!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#9 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm 6w2d (I think... I'm too tired to look at a calendar...) and things are holding steady. Still exhausted most of the afternoon and I barely have energy to make dinner most nights. Poor DS, he's had a lot of PB&J lately! I finally had to get a Bella Band and I LOVE it. I don't need it so much in the mornings, but by afternoon the bloat just gets SO bad. I'm drinking tons of water and staying away from salty things, but that doesn't even work. My jeans are just SO uncomfortable!

My MW did not call on Friday with my beta numbers, so I have been on pins and needles all weekend. Thankfully, I had to work today so that helped a little with keeping the mind off things, but not by much. I just want to hear that things are progressing as they should, as good as we can tell, and then move on to my first appointment. It's not so much that I want an u/s every week to reassure me that things are fine, but I just hate the WAITING. Just tell me already! There should be something against making a pregnant woman wait a weekend for test results.
#10 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 PM

I just have a few moments and wanted to update...

I am barely hanging on by a string here...between the m/s, the exhaustion from early pregnancy, getting up a half dozen times a night with a two year old and a one year old and now a DH who has the flu I am ready to jump on the crazy train. I am so nauseous and so exhausted that I can barely function right now...how am I going to go back to work full time and still do all the stuff that I have to do. Anyway...enough complaining...I'm going to bed.

Still no word on whether DH is going to the Gulf or not. We might now know for a couple of weeks...ick! Hope everyone is having a great week-end and that everyone feels great!
#11 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_angel View Post
Right now I am working on researching natural ways to keep my blood pressure down that are safe for pregnancy. It is already going up and I will not get my birth center water birth if I can't get it under control. Feel free to drop ideas my way~~~

Oh, I'd love to know what you find out. I've got my bp under control with meds (safe for pg, of course), but still have concerns about what's going to happen during this pregnancy... especially with two in there.

As for me, I'm 10w2d and can't wait for my next u/s on Thursday. Coming from fertility treatment, I'd been having them every week, so waiting two weeks is filled with tension! I didn't even think I'd consent to so many u/s but I conceded and now just look at it as a blessing to see the babes in there. This Thu. will be mylast with my RE... on Weds night I finally get to meet someone at the OB practice... it took forever to get in there, and I'm meeting with a nurse practitioner.

I'm still feeling pretty nauseas, and had my first puking (gagging leading to puking) episode on Friday.

I wish I could say I'm starting to show, but not quite yet. I'm not as thin as so many here are! I mean, not seriously overweight, but you know... My friends and family are starting to ask for belly shots, and I'm just not ready to start photographing my tummy for all to see. From what I've read, though, big changes are coming soon - the next 4-6 weeks the belly should start popping out alright!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#12 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 PM

Hi everyone! I'm 10w2d today, and yesterday and today have been nausea free, but Friday I was a wreck. I was having 2 days on/2 days off with the nausea, so if the trend continues, tomorrow I'll be a wreck again. Hopefully I'm not! Hopefully it's finally abating!

I went clothes shopping today b/c all my tops were getting too snug. Like I said earlier, I'm nowhere near maternity, but I'm too chubby now for my old tops. I went to the mall and I made out like a BANDIT! All the styles now for shirts are empire waist or long waist, it was awesome! I got a bunch of tops, a pair of khaki pants, just a size up, and a pair of jeans as well, again a size up - which should both fit for at least another few weeks, and then I'll use the bella band with them. I should be getting the bella band for my b-day, which is coming up. I am in love with my new wardrobe! Finally I don't have to wear a scarf or a chunky sweater over my shirts!

So, I'm feeling ready to tell work. I know it's still too early but I'm sick and tired of keeping it a secret. It's getting annoying, being that all my family and most of my friends know. I know I'll hold out till 12 weeks at least, though, just to be extra safe, I suppose.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Tuesday I am 10 weeks! And in less than 4 weeks we will be moving! Finally! Still don't know FOR SURE where we are going *sigh*

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#14 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 10:57 PM

We are between our 11th and 12th week.

The nausea is getting better but it still comes and goes. It has always been worse at night.

Im having the same issues eating DID. Im trying really hard to stick to the Brewer's Diet, but its kind of hard when you have a hard time eating.
#15 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 PM

I'm 7 weeks now (time is flying!!!) and feel horrible. Blah. But I can still eat. Just feel queasy all the time, especially in the evenings when I'm supposed to cook supper :/

I'm excited though because we interview a local midwife this week. Yay, so excited!!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#16 of 95 Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I I no longer have first thing in the morning nausea or the right before bedtime really severe nausea I was having the last couple of weeks.
Oooh, this is what's just really started for me! It's annoying in the morning, but it's NASTY right at bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_angel View Post
Luckily I tend to graze throughout the day anyway, so it works for me....
Per Susun Weed's "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year":

Preventing Hypertension:

*Avoid stimulants like spicy or peppery foods, black tea, cola drinks, coffee, nicotine, cocaine(k, it's right there in the book, not that I think you're using!!), and diet pills.

*Drink Nettle or Raspberry Leaf Infusions regularly. (Both are really good, Nettle has a strong taste, but Raspberry just tastes like black tea)

*Exercise

Remedies for Hypertension:

*Garlic, parsley, and onions help lower blood pressure. For maximum effect, use large quantities raw.

*Cucumbers are the food most renowned for reducing high blood pressure. One half cup of cucumber juice or an entire, fresh, raw cucumber daily is the suggested amount. Overripe, yellowish ones are the most effective.

*The juice of half a lemon or lime plus two teaspoons of cream of tartar in a half cup water taken once a day for 3 days safely lowers high blood pressure during pregnancy

Then she lists some more herbs that help: Hops, Passionflower, Skullcap, and Hawthorn berries.

I'd highly recommend getting her book and talking with your care provider about some of the herbs if you're interested in trying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post
Anyway...enough complaining...I'm going to bed.

Still no word on whether DH is going to the Gulf or not. We might now know for a couple of weeks...ick!
Sorry you're not feeling well and it's so hard for you right now!! I totally feel you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
I finally had to get a Bella Band and I LOVE it.
ME TOO! I'm loving my Bella Band for those days when yoga pants just won't work. I don't need it so much in the a.m., but by the afternoon I'd be miserable without it.

AAM Had a good, low key weekend. It was an amazing day today here, warm and sunny! We spent most of the day out in the yard gardening and our kitty was having a blast chasing bugs and birds. He's got epilepsy, so he's an out-door-under-supervision-only cat and that means he doesn't get out much when the weather is nasty. Supposedly it's supposed to snow again later this week, so I'm glad we got to enjoy the awesome sunshine while it lasted! I'm so ready for summer!!

My m/s has finally it it's stride, blech! Still not vomiting, but I might as well be. I've got to get horizontal to cope with it and the saltines are really helping, but it hits the worst right around bed time.

My Mom, sister, and BIL are coming up in two weeks for a week long visit and I can't wait!! I miss them lots and it will be so much fun to have them around to talk baby stuff with. Some clients of Dh's just got us our first baby stuff: some socks, sleepers, and a really sweet blanket. Kind of makes it feel more real that our baby is going to be wearing those!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#17 of 95 Old 03-10-2008, 08:28 AM

outside? sun? what is that exactly? i dont think i can remember! lol!

daylight savings time is kicking my butt!!!
#18 of 95 Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 10 weeks woohooo!!!!!
#19 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 AM

So I am up super late right now because DS just does not want to go to bed at all. I am contemplating taking him on a drive to make him fall asleep. I have been sooo tired all day and heaven forbid DH stay up with him (or attempt to put him to bed) so that his vomiting, nauseated, headache ridden wife can rest for a bit... Im being bitter... I kind of feel bad for DH but kind of not at the same time. Wow that sounds bad.

Well, in about 10 minutes i will be 10 weeks. I have decided not to see the mw here in san angelo again. I am just going to call (they left a message for me 2 days before my appt saying that I needed to reschedule) and tell them that DH is getting stationed in MD and we are leaving in a couple weeks, can I get my files, thank you and goodbye. I didn't really get a good vibe from her right from the beginning and I am going to be getting care in mid-april (right at 14 weeks...) and I don't think that will be too bad. I got some blood work and a urinalysis done at my 1st appt, at 8 weeks.

Hmmm, I just want to be gone from here too. I don't really like the Texas climate. Very different from my Northern California that I am used to and love. But I don't know how much I am going to love MD's super humid muggy summers and super cold snowy winters... IDK. I guess I am not in the best of moods right now, which might explain my negative attitude towards everything. OK, Im done lol.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#20 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

I felt the most energetic I have felt in weeks today. I managed to get some cleaning done, cook dinner and I don't feel like crawling into bed hours before my DH, for once! Woohoo!
#21 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 AM

I got my second beta back and things are looking pretty good. Went from 1400+ on 2/29 to 11,000+ on 3/6 - doubling almost exactly every 2 days. Woohoo! Because of the last m/c (development stopped around 6-7 weeks), my MW wants me to have an early u/s next week to check everything, esp. growth. I am gradually feeling worse every day - more nausea, more boob pain (they feel like lead balloons...), more tired - so I suppose that is positive. Today I just want to go back to bed, but I have to work. I am SO getting a nap this afternoon!
#22 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
I got my second beta back and things are looking pretty good. Went from 1400+ on 2/29 to 11,000+ on 3/6 - doubling almost exactly every 2 days. Woohoo! Because of the last m/c (development stopped around 6-7 weeks), my MW wants me to have an early u/s next week to check everything, esp. growth. I am gradually feeling worse every day - more nausea, more boob pain (they feel like lead balloons...), more tired - so I suppose that is positive. Today I just want to go back to bed, but I have to work. I am SO getting a nap this afternoon!
Congrats on the doubling!! You must feel relieved!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#23 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
Congrats on the doubling!! You must feel relieved!
Oh, yes, you have NO idea. After what happened last time, I've been terribly paranoid, worried that since my boobs weren't AS sore, my nausea not AS bad, then things must not be going well. Well, both the boob pain and nausea are certainly picking up pace, so I guess I should watch what I wish for!
#24 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM

Ok, I'm going to jinx it. I'm on day 4 with no nausea! Could this be the end of it?!? Can I do a little dance now?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#25 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Ok, I'm going to jinx it. I'm on day 4 with no nausea! Could this be the end of it?!? Can I do a little dance now?
Oh you lucky dog! I'm getting better....i can go about a day and half bu then it hits again. at least it's not everyday now! so far today is a good day!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#26 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 11:42 AM

I'm somewhere right there babycakes. I don't know exactly how many days but the nausea is just less and less. Almost gone now I think. Yay us!
#27 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 PM

^ :jealous:
#28 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 PM

still slightly nauseas here but that is a good thing...especially since I am feeling crampy today....I hate when I feel crampy....makes me sooo nervous...
#29 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Everyone seems to be doing so well! Betas increasing, nausea diminishing! YAY!

As for me, I sneezed and peed....twice. This flu kicked my @$$. I had a fever for 4 days and it finally broke this morning. I'm left with a yucky cough and head congestion. I'm exhausted from the fever, I think. My body is just worn out from trying to fight this stuff AND grow a baby at the same time!

Am I crazy for wanting to take a pg test to make sure I'm still actually pg, even though I've had no bleeding? Since I'm not starting prenatals until the 2nd tri, I've had no real proof like u/s or beta numbers. Anyone else still poas??? I have none in my house or I'm sure I would!
#30 of 95 Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM

I haven't but I totally understand the urge. Glad you're a little better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page