Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianthistle View Post
There are two really good books that discuss herbs:

Susun Weed's Herbal for the Childbearing Year

Aviva Romm's The Natural Pregnancy Book

and in Mothering I remember reading about a Rosemary Gladstar book.

As far as I know, nettles is great becuase of the great amt. of vitamins and minerals it carries. My mw gives me a tea made w/ nettles, rrl, and alfalfa.
Thanks yeah the more milk two has just those 3 ingredients in it...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#62 of 154 Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 PM

I'm currently nursing my LO who will be FOUR in April. I swear, I don't know where the time goes. My supply doesn't seem to be down any more than it has been in the last year or so. I can still express some manually, and DS has pulled off with milk dripping down his chin, so I know he's getting some.

I actually worry that he WON'T share with a new baby.

I don't plan to wean him, but I'm not going to worry much if he weans on his own.

My main problem is that he wants to nurse in the morning when I want to sleep, and when I'm really nauseous. He's been really good about it, but I feel bad for him.
#63 of 154 Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 PM

OK I have decided that (since about an hour after drinking it I am still burping and fighting not to throw it all up) I am going to buy the tablets tomorrow and start taking those. Then because I am certainly not a wasteful person, Im going to buy a capsule machine and some caps and make these into pills that i can take later And this way I can make other caps too, which I have always been interested in doing!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#64 of 154 Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
ds is nursing more, so that makes me so happy.

when i say he eats little food, the other day he at one baby carrot, one cookie....and that was pretty much it. im not freaking out over one or two days but that amount of food isnt substainable, yk?

ds only nursed once last night and only for a few minutes, so i think he's definitely on his way to night nursing.
That's great that he's nursing more. I see what you mean about not much solid food for him. When I said I try to remember that babies won't starve themselves, I didn't necessarily mean he would just eat solids when he needs to. What I was trying to say was I think after some time of feeling hungry he will either start eating more solids or he will return to nursing more. My son seems to be deciding that even though there is less and it tastes different, my milk is okay, and he is nursing a bit more too. Yay for persistant nurslings!

Erika, mama to Austin (9/14/06), (4/08, 13 weeks gestation), and Sierra (7/3/09, 27 weeks gestation)
#65 of 154 Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 PM

oops

#66 of 154 Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Wow, choking down that brewers yeast really helped in just one day! For the first time in months my milk was dripping from the nipple constantly when DS unlatched!

Oh yeah, today I bought the pills and some marshmallow pills. I heard marshmallow makes milk sweeter and richer (more full of fat) and I was afraid the the yeast would affect my milks taste in a bad way...

#67 of 154 Old 03-22-2008, 12:01 PM

^Wow! That's really encouraging! I've taken BY in the past but I'm not sure I could stomach it now being so queasy...which sadly is the time when my milk supply could probably use it most. Way to go, mama!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#68 of 154 Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Well, I think my DS is weaning. He's not quite 2 yet, and I've been hoping to do CLW, but with my boobs so sore, I can only take so much nursing before I ask him to stop. I think he's getting annoyed by me. He's nursing at night and before naps and that's all now. So twice a day. And, last night, he slept through the night, for the first time. I kept waking up, and he was out like a light.
#69 of 154 Old 03-29-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
i broke down a few weeks ago and ordered Mother Milk for Two but they sent me the wrong stuff...just teh Mother Milk, which is NOT ok for pregnancy. duh! so i had to return it. ive heard great things about the MM for 2 also.
Did you get the MM2? And if so is it working for you?

I had to stop taking the yeast tablets because it made DS very gassy and about a day or two after I started taking them he was crying almost nonstop all day. So I stopped taking them a couple days ago and, although he is still a little gassy (and along with that has very strange stool) he is getting better and not crying *as much*. So now I am really needing another good option for upping supply...

#70 of 154 Old 03-29-2008, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

no, i didnt get the MM2.

my pain has basically gone away (im around 13 weeks now)....but i think my milk has probably started tasting not so great...ds only nurses at night, upon waking and before his naps. he almost never nurses other than when associated with sleep. Im just trying to hang on for another 6 months and hopefully we will move past this (although if we are having twins, which i am kind of scared of...boy, that wasnt' in the pix).
#71 of 154 Old 03-30-2008, 02:14 AM

Congratulations on the twins Passionatewriter!
I'm nursing my 3 1/2 DS and I also struggled deeply with the nipple pain in the first trimester. Our nursing has definitely changed and its so intense to feel the changes occurring already even though a sibling isn't born yet. Life is changing so much.
My prayers and warm thoughts go to all of you amazing mamas who care so deeply about your nursing relationships. Its such a big deal. You have all done so much to make it work so far, I think it will get less painful for all of us and alot of nurslings just hang in there until the milk supply returns.
I struggle with finding other substitutes for the warmth and intimacy that occurs since my DS is nursing less. I'm trying to accept wrestling, tackling, and tickles as a good substitute. But its so different. You know...esp without the hormonal rush that comes from nursing.
#72 of 154 Old 03-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Brewer's Yeast, since it's high in both protein and B vitamins, is something my mw has suggested I re-introduce to my diet. I had been taking it several years ago, and had also been giving it to DS when he started on solids at around 1 year. I know it's not the recommended way to take it for adults, but I generally just toss it into our daily smoothie. DS will take it that way (as with any other nutritional stuff I want him to eat like spinach) and I can definitely keep it down that way.

DS is nursing as much as ever still (though thankfully less than he was last week when he was sick) but my nipple soreness has decreased significantly, for which I am very grateful.
#73 of 154 Old 04-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Ok. I thought the nipple soreness was easing up but it seems to be back full force. 13 weeks today. PLEASE, please say it won't be much longer! It's not one of those things that lasts all the way through is it? My milk is pretty much gone but dd doesn't care. So, not likely she'll wean. That means nipple pain until ..... WHEN?

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#74 of 154 Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

my pain has decreased but it does come and go. its getting better (we are a bit over 14 weeks)
#75 of 154 Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Mine comes and goes, from one nursing session to the next. Positioning seems to have a LOT to do with it for me.
#76 of 154 Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM

Mine is still here too....worse if I don't have any active milk going and ds is just suckling.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#77 of 154 Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 PM

I have just got really sensitive nipples. But we are working through it. I would rather be in a little pain than give DS a bottle or something.

#78 of 154 Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM

DS is only nursing about once a week. I think it's over.
#79 of 154 Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 PM

ok I am not planning on weaning my son but I needed to cut him back drastically...he was nursing about 10-14 times a day and I couldn't handle it anymore...so I have cut him back to 1-2 times a day and I can't believe how well it went and how easy it was on both of us(thank goodness). What i'm noticing now though is that my breasts hurt way more when he nurses now.....it's like they were numb before and now that they are getting a break they are hurting more...sigh..

I have been using newmans nipple ointment on them after he nurses and that seems to help a bit.
#80 of 154 Old 04-03-2008, 01:02 AM

My DS nurses A TON throughout the day. But he won't eat solid food yet. I have tried several times (and am constantly getting pressured into pushing it on him) but he just doesnt want it. I figure by the time he is 1 he will just be getting mushy finger foods like peas and stuff...

#81 of 154 Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 AM

I just ordered More Milk Two; it should be here by Friday. I can still feel letdown when DS nurses, but it feels like I'm producing less. He's much too young to wean (7 months), and if this works, it's a helluva lot cheaper than going to formula. I'll post results.
#82 of 154 Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm 13w3d and I still have an abudance of milk! I actually leaked out of my bra this morning when I got up. Whoa.
#83 of 154 Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

I think ds may have nightweaned...he hasn't nursed at night (after the initial going to sleep nursing) since we got back from our trip.
#84 of 154 Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

how is everyone doing? i have NO milk left. DS is still nursing for comfort but i tried my best to express some milk yesterday and NOTHING..usually i would be shooting milk across the room.
#85 of 154 Old 04-11-2008, 08:55 AM

^I'm pretty much in the same boat. DD still asks to "have some milka" but when she tries she gets frustrated and stops after a few seconds. I can express maybe a drop or 2 from my left breast only...nothing on the right. She actually didn't want to nurse at all yesterday and had another day where she didn't even try last week. I think she's weaning.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#86 of 154 Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

yeh, im really trying to at least keep the act up a few times a day but its soo hard b/c though it doesnt "hurt" anymore..it feels weird. i just dont want him to wean yet. He has lost alot of weight since he stopped and is not great about eating solids. We are working on it but its worrisome to say the least.
#87 of 154 Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM

I've been taking the MM2 for about 6 days now. I don't know if it's actually made a difference, but DS has plenty of soaking wet diapers, and breastmilk is all he drinks, so my milk is still plentiful, I guess. He sure nurses a lot at night, though. He gets solids 2x per day. I'll be 13 weeks on Tues.
#88 of 154 Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM

I'm not sure how much milk I still have, but DS is still nursing 2-3 times at night at 2 times during the day.
#89 of 154 Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 AM

I'm still nursing DS ALL THE FREAKING TIME! Don't get me wrong, I love nursing him and do not want him to wean, but he wants to nurse constantly. I cannot sit down without him asking for milk and it's getting really hard. It hurts so bad now and i know I need to start setting some limits to keep my sanity. But he's just so attached to it and is only now starting to eat a bit better (something other than carbs and protein). This past week he actually ate 1/2 an apple and almost a whole tangerine. I almost cried for joy that he ate fruit (other than banana)!

Anyway, my first goal is to nightwean him and then we'll work on getting the daytime nursings to where we can both be happy with it. I need some sleep though since I'm already lying awake so much without his "help."
#90 of 154 Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

lovemysunshine, how far along are you? E was still trying to nurse alot until a few weeks ago (im 16 weeks now). The soreness got a lot better after the first trimester was over. My son doesnt eat much at all in the way of foods and has actually lost between 5 and 6 lbs. since Feb. I am really freaking out about such a weight loss but other than pushing foods, there is nothing i can do until my milk comes back in...I literally have NO milk. He still "nurses" a few times a day but thats for comfort. It feels really weird, which it never has before..but im trying to struggle through it so that he will still nurse when my new milk comes in.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page